Least Favorite Rush Song Musically?

DirkPrattLerxst

I can't ever recall disliking a Rush song because I thought the music sucked. Bad lyrics and lack of melody when Geddy sings is usually what makes or breaks a Rush song for me. I'm not a musician, so never once have I listened to a Rush song and thought "man, this song is bad because the musical composition sucks". I think more often than not, Rush has composed really good sounding music.
  • Like 2

Second Nature...and the lyrics suck too.

Every time I read one of your posts I hear Ric Flair going "WOOOOO" at the end. And it ALWAYS fits!!! :LOL:

Any Ric Flair reference gets a like from me. :LOL: Stormtron's profile pic is the best ever.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

It's funny you started this thread because this morning I was thinking of Rush songs that are almost embarrassing to even listen to, and the one that was going through my mind when I thought this was (sorry Segue and others who love it) One Little Victory.

I'm with you on OLV, Lorraine. I really like the drum intro though...that's about it.

• Like 1

It's funny you started this thread because this morning I was thinking of Rush songs that are almost embarrassing to even listen to, and the one that was going through my mind when I thought this was (sorry Segue and others who love it) One Little Victory.

I'm with you on OLV, Lorraine. I really like the drum intro though...that's about it.

Interesting. I guess I can see why some people dislike it, but I love One Little Victory.

Interesting. I guess I can see why some people dislike it, but I love One Little Victory.

For whatever reason, the song mostly grates on my nerves. Musically it doesn't do much for me, and the layered vocals don't help. It was the triumphant return for Rush, so I at least appreciate the song's sentiment.

• Like 1

Madrigal, by light years. Here again, Mystic Rhythms and The Way the Wind Blows mentioned before Madrigal? :eh:

Madrigal is pretty good.

Another one that sucks is The Twilight Zone.

You're either high. deaf, or both.

For whatever reason, the song mostly grates on my nerves. Musically it doesn't do much for me, and the layered vocals don't help. It was the triumphant return for Rush, so I at least appreciate the song's sentiment.

The layered vocals are awful.

The layered vocals are awful.

It has to be one of the worst decisions they ever made with a song. :16ton:

• Like 1

Face Up

This is another good example. I usually can't make it halfway through this song :LOL:

I usually don't make it past Dreamline, RTB, and Bravado...

and speaking of the album as a whole, Heresy seems like the least talked about song in Rush's catalog. Is it not bad enough to really dislike/hate? Maybe it's just good enough for the indifferent zone...

Tai shan for its psuedo chinese cheese.

The flute sounds. Yikes.

I stood at the top of the mountain

And your vagina sang to me...

Red sector a takes second place although it is a greater offender due to it being played live to excess.

• Like 1

One that immediately comes to mind is Anagram (For Mongo).

I always forget about this song. Probably because my mind is blanking it out.

• Like 1

Not their worst overall song, but The Way the Wind Blows blows.

I still think Stick it Out is the champion of suck, but Where the Wind Blows is a close second.

Good call, I forgot that POS existed.

Like the rest of Presto.

Presto is white noise.

• Like 1

Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Chemistry, Digital Man, and The Speed of Love are pretty boring to me, I'm sure I could think of more.

Fixed.

Musically, Digital Man is fantastic in my opinion... Ged is all over the place and is very subtle with each run that he does. Lyrically, it is lacking will admit that, but just listen to his isolated track:

it's insane

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cIN6Yt6iV3U

The others, I couldn't agree with more

Edited by pfrushfan0122
  • Like 4

Like the rest of Presto.

Exactamundo!

Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Chemistry, Digital Man, and The Speed of Love are pretty boring to me, I'm sure I could think of more.

Fixed.

Musically, Digital Man is fantastic in my opinion... Ged is all over the place and is very subtle with each run that he does. Lyrically, it is lacking will admit that, but just listen to his isolated track:

it's insane

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cIN6Yt6iV3U

The others, I couldn't agree with more

Digital Man is one of his best bass playing songs.

• Like 2