Trans-gender folks....

OldRUSHfan

If you are still calling Caitlyn Jenner by her old name, then it proves you really are ignorant.

http://i64.tinypic.com/24l4odf.jpg

Wheaties, you suck!!! You ignorant F#CK of a cereal!

I always thought Wheaties sucked as a cereal. Cap'n Crunch, on the other hand, kicked ass as a kid! What else was sugary as hell?! Whatever they were, I probably loved it.

What if Cap'n Crunch came out as trans...Would you still eat crunchberrys? :unsure:

I had nothing against Cap before so yeah I would. She'd still be the sugary, seafaring lass that she always was beneath all the food preservatives and cavity causing additives.

• Like 2

So many people are just hung up about sex, whether it's changing sex or having it, or even the lack thereof. I blame organized religion.

Organized religion is just a product of people's fears and lack of understanding when it comes to sexuality and human biology.

People's fear of what they don't understand (like SEX) is universal. It's existed forever. Human beings too often think in a dualist way; you're either THIS or you're THAT. There is no in-between, no grey area, no spectrum. That's where organized religion comes into play.....especially authoritarian religions, which make it MANDATORY for you to be either THIS or THAT. If you don't cooperate, you're a SINNER!!! :tsk: :tsk:

• Like 3

So many people are just hung up about sex, whether it's changing sex or having it, or even the lack thereof. I blame organized religion.

I blame them for having a hangup.

But that's why. Hard to erase a lifetime of training. People take comfort in ignorance.

• Like 1

If you are still calling Caitlyn Jenner by her old name, then it proves you really are ignorant.

I always thought Wheaties sucked as a cereal. Cap'n Crunch, on the other hand, kicked ass as a kid! What else was sugary as hell?! Whatever they were, I probably loved it.

What if Cap'n Crunch came out as trans...Would you still eat crunchberrys? :unsure:

He and Quisp would be a cute couple.

• Like 2

Frosted Flakes

Caitly' n Crunch

Edited by umoveme
  • Like 1

Organized religion is just a product of people's fears and lack of understanding when it comes to sexuality and human biology.

People's fear of what they don't understand (like SEX) is universal. It's existed forever. Human beings too often think in a dualist way; you're either THIS or you're THAT. There is no in-between, no grey area, no spectrum. That's where organized religion comes into play.....especially authoritarian religions, which make it MANDATORY for you to be either THIS or THAT. If you don't cooperate, you're a SINNER!!! :tsk: :tsk:

People don't understand sex because it's so taboo to be open about it and see it for what it really is, just a basic animalistic drive.

• Like 1

People don't understand sex because it's so taboo to be open about it and see it for what it really is, just a basic animalistic drive.

Deep down a lot of people think it's insane to hump like a dog while making Uhhhhhh uhhhhh uhhhhh noises. :sundog:

• Like 1

It's just that Jenner has been a male Olympic decathlete for 66 years, I can't really think of him any other way. He can't help his gender issues and I can't help my perception issues of guys who've been guys for 60+ years. Sorry. He should have figured it out sooner.

For 66 years?

How old is he, and how old was he when he won the Decathlon?

It was Montreal so he'd be 27.

27 when he won, maybe.

But the OP said that Jenner had been a winner for 66 years.

A child prodigy !!!

Actually the most annoying thing about Jenner is the rest of his family and their endless appearance in the media.

Soulless. They are of the worst fabric and too many adore them. God. Take me now.

Frosted Flakes

Cookie Crisp was a bad one too. Still love them. I actually have a box of Cap'n Crunch in the kitchen at this very moment. Weird with the odd colored berries they have in it now.

• Like 2

Deep down a lot of people think it's insane to hump like a dog while making Uhhhhhh uhhhhh uhhhhh noises. :sundog:

Yes and that's why I still blame organized religion. ;)

Frosted Flakes

Cookie Crisp was a bad one too. Still love them. I actually have a box of Cap'n Crunch in the kitchen at this very moment. Weird with the odd colored berries they have in it now.

I used to dig Sugar Smacks and I'm not sure Dig 'em the Frog would approve of this thread.

Frosted Flakes

I used to dig Sugar Smacks and I'm not sure Dig 'em the Frog would approve of this thread.

Super Sugar Crisp used to make your pee smell like the cereal after you ate it.

• Like 2

How about Cotton Candy? Anyone here like that gross stuff?

Spun sugar? Sure. A few bites is fun, but then I'll hand it to someone else.

• Like 2

Frosted Flakes

Super Sugar Crisp used to make your pee smell like the cereal after you ate it.

seriously...how true is that?!!!!
  • Like 1

Bruce Jenner is one these days....I know of a few others in the 'Hollywood' world, but why are people so closed minded about this subject? A song, "Andi" by Kansas off of their "Drastic Measures" album is about this, and always puts a catch in my throat when it plays. David Pack, Formerly from Ambrosia, sings back up on this song, one particular section by himself....just posted it in "What Are You Listening Too? [non-RUSH] See if you can catch it....(this is, of course, unless you are too CLOSED-MINDED to be able to attempt it......) My question it, why to folks think they get to tell others what is right for them?

I think people are sometimes afraid of what they are not familiar with, and until pretty recently most transgender people didn't feel they could safely 'come out' in open society. What a hard journey though. Something as little as this could be difficult. When I used to work at a library, we had to record a driver's license number for a new library card (in case the person stole all our books/DVDs.) I was helping one woman and she was asking why did we do this etc etc and when I really looked up at her I suddenly realized she was pretty masculine and probably didn't want me to see her sex on her DL. I finally told her, "just read me the number" and she was so happy; a devoted library fan from then on.

UMoveme, I agree with your comment also. My daughter does graphic design and is therefore in the arts community, which in Central PA has its fair share of gay and trans persons. I used the wrong word one time about someone who was trans (I think I asked her if they were "changing" rather than "transitioning" ) and she gave me a speech about how hard the LGBTQ community has worked for their rights and could I please use the right vocabulary to give them respect. :banghead: So yes, that could tend to put some people off. (Luckily she is youngest child so by this time I just ignore political rants if I already have respect toward the group in question.)

My husband and I are both in our 50's. We tell our kids in irony that there were no gay or trans people when we grew up. We honestly never heard of them until we were like 11 yrs. old. The world is much better in that respect now. :)

(Back to the original topic...)

Very well put, Blueschica! And kudos to you for just asking for the person's driver's license number. Sometimes it's the little things that can make a person's life so much easier.

As for me, the only issue I have with transgender people is remembering to use the new pronoun :D I've had several friends who have transitioned, and for some reason remembering to use a different pronoun is harder for me than remembering to use a new name.

• Like 3

Only slowly drawn across my bare back...

But that would make for a sticky back.

And catch in all of those long back hairs. :P

• Like 2

I barfed and laughed haha!

But Treeduck has feathers. And line needles.

• Like 3

There's no appropriate emoticon, so this :ph34r: will have to do.

• Like 2

OK, here goes a more serious post...

...I'm not a big fan of religion of sorts.

The Bible tells me to "love my neighbour as myself".

Nowhere I have I read, "love my neighbour 'if'..."

I know a couple of transgender people, many gay people, religious, non religious, straight, addicted, democrat, republican, independents, black, white, financially wealthy, not so financially and people of all colours and nationalities.

The one thing they have in common is that I love them simply for being them.

As far as the details of their individual preferences, it is really of no concern to me.

I read a long time ago is that the one thing most people don't know about themselves is that they matter.

My goal in life, when it comes to interacting with others, is to make them feel like they are loved and that they matter.

All of this whether or not I understand what life is like from their perspective.

• Like 7

OK, here goes a more serious post...

...I'm not a big fan of religion of sorts.

The Bible tells me to "love my neighbour as myself".

Nowhere I have I read, "love my neighbour 'if'..."

I know a couple of transgender people, many gay people, religious, non religious, straight, addicted, democrat, republican, independents, black, white, financially wealthy, not so financially and people of all colours and nationalities.

The one thing they have in common is that I love them simply for being them.

As far as the details of their individual preferences, it is really of no concern to me.

I read a long time ago is that the one thing most people don't know about themselves is that they matter.

My goal in life, when it comes to interacting with others, is to make them feel like they are loved and that they matter.

All of this whether or not I understand what life is like from their perspective.

:hug2:

• Like 1

Are you stupid? That's not what I was getting at AT ALL. And besides, what year did that f***ing cereal box come out? Way before she even came out as a trans woman.

Wow. If someone accidentally calls Caitlyn by her old name Bruce yiu say they are ignorant. Someone posts what is clearly a joke and you call them stupid. Get your head on straight quick!

• Like 2