Which full albums have Rush played live?

YYZumbi

I dont mean all during same concert/tour, but I mean total.

I know they have played all songs from Moving Pictures during Time Machine Tour.

And then I think they played whole Hemispheres during Hemispheres Tour.

Which albums have they more played all songs from?

I thought they had never played Losing It until this final tour.A friend had a boot ages ago from the Signals tour everything but LI.I am no position to say anyway because I am across the pond and over dale so far far away.

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Yep. After Losing It got its premiere on R40, it's those 4. Emotion Detector never got its live treatment, and past Power Windows, there's either way too many songs on each album and not enough tours to represent them all in, or the songs that were never played weren't good enough.

I was just thinking...hmmm, they have played every song from Fly By Night.

Then I remembered they put Rivendell on it. I sometimes forget they ever wrote this song.

They haven't played Making Memories either.

One of my favorites - Tears - has never been performed live ... I don't think Lessons has either

Another Geddy song - Different Strings - has been ignored too

Too bad. That's a beautiful song.

Agreed. A longer guitar solo at the end leading into Alex's solo from La Villa Strangiato would have been wonderful.

I was just thinking...hmmm, they have played every song from Fly By Night.

Then I remembered they put Rivendell on it. I sometimes forget they ever wrote this song.

Good thing to try too.

One of my favorites - Tears - has never been performed live ... I don't think Lessons has either

Another Geddy song - Different Strings - has been ignored too

Too bad. That's a beautiful song.

Agreed. A longer guitar solo at the end leading into Alex's solo from La Villa Strangiato would have been wonderful.

Even if they ever did it live......I want that solo exactly like that. One of the most amazing things of that short but oh so sweet solo is the simplicity and length. It leaves you wanting so much more and I always want that feeling hearing it. The fade out probably had some more noodling, but Terry made a wonderful choice with the fade out and how it cut's off.

Perfection.

Edited by Todem

Are there songs off the debut that were never done live? Not that I'd refuse to believe it, but I'd think they'd need as much material as possible until FBN was recorded to fill up a show, opener or not.

We never knew Before and After was ever played live until the whole Laura Secord show was released.

It's just Take A Friend, now. There's no evidence of them ever playing that.

Are there songs off the debut that were never done live? Not that I'd refuse to believe it, but I'd think they'd need as much material as possible until FBN was recorded to fill up a show, opener or not.

We never knew Before and After was ever played live until the whole Laura Secord show was released.

It's just Take A Friend, now. There's no evidence of them ever playing that.

Geee...I wonder why?

• Like 2

For what it's worth, Dream Theater did covers of Tears and Different Strings in the mid '90s that were pretty good.

It ain't worth much
  • Like 1

General guide to Rush songs live.

Rush: All songs except Take a Friend.

Fly By Night: Making Memories and Rivendell never played live.

Caress of Steel: I Think I'm Going Bald and the Fountain of Lamneth never played live.

2112: Lessons and Tears have never been played.

A Farewell To Kings: Madrigal is the only song never played live.

Hemispheres: All songs played live.

Permanent Waves: Different Strings never played live.

Moving Pictures: All songs played live.

Signals: All songs played.

Grace Under Pressure: All songs played.

Power Windows: All songs except Emotion Detector.

Hold Your Fire: Open Secrets, Second Nature, Tai Shan, and High Water never played.

Presto: Chain Lightning, Anagram (For Mongo), Red Tide, Hand Over Fist, and Available Light never played.

Roll The Bones: Face Up, The Big Wheel, Heresy, Neurotica, and You Bet Your Life never played.

Counterparts: Cut To The Chase, Alien Shore, The Speed Of Love, and Everyday Glory never played.

Test For Echo: The Color Of Right, Totem, Dog Years, and Carve Away The Stone never played.

Vapor Trails: The least represented album. Peaceable Kingdom, The Stars Look Down, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Nocturne, Freeze, and Out Of The Cradle all never played.

Feedback: For What It's Worth, Mr Soul, Seven And Seven Is, and Shapes Of Things never played live.

Snakes And Arrows: Bravest Face, Good News First, and We Hold On never played live.

Clockwork Angels: All songs played, except BU2B2.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, Dream Theater did covers of Tears and Different Strings in the mid '90s that were pretty good.

Ive heard the Tears. Where is DS?

Don't be fooled by the beginning....

While searching for that I found this.......

Like the solo on this one better actually

General guide to Rush songs live.

Rush: All songs except Take a Friend.

Fly By Night: Making Memories and Rivendell never played live.

Caress of Steel: I Think I'm Going Bald and the Fountain of Lamneth never played live.

2112: Lessons and Tears have never been played.

A Farewell To Kings: Madrigal is the only song never played live.

Hemispheres: All songs played live.

Permanent Waves: Different Strings never played live.

Moving Pictures: All songs played live.

Signals: All songs played.

Grace Under Pressure: All songs played.

Power Windows: All songs except Emotion Detector.

Hold Your Fire: Open Secrets, Second Nature, Tai Shan, and High Water never played.

Presto: Chain Lightning, Anagram (For Mongo), Red Tide, Hand Over Fist, and Available Light never played.

Roll The Bones: Face Up, The Big Wheel, Heresy, Neurotica, and You Bet Your Life never played.

Counterparts: Cut To The Chase, Alien Shore, The Speed Of Love, and Everyday Glory never played.

Test For Echo: The Color Of Right, Totem, Dog Years, and Carve Away The Stone never played.

Vapor Trails: The least represented album. Peaceable Kingdom, The Stars Look Down, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle, Nocturne, Freeze, and Out Of The Cradle all never played.

Feedback: For What It's Worth, Mr Soul, Seven And Seven Is, and Shapes Of Things never played live.

Snakes And Arrows: Bravest Face, Good News First, and We Hold On never played live.

Clockwork Angels: All songs played, except BU2B2.

I'm always amazed by how many unplayed songs they have. I wish they had rotated sets and added songs between legs back in the 80's and early 90's so more of these songs could've been played. I mean, on the Presto tour, they only did 5/11 songs from the album! How do you release an album and not even do more than half of it (including the damn title track which is the thematic base for the entire tour). I'm glad they finally pulled it out for TM, but what went through their heads back in 1990 that made them exclude it? Same with Lamneth. How do you release your first epic, a song which must've been the young band's crowning achievement, and then never even touch a single part of it live?

Good to see them acknowledge CA live by playing 11/12 of it. Most bands their age release new albums with like 15 mediocre songs on it (don't ask me why bands release longer albums loaded with obvious bland, filler songs as they get older), play 1 or 2 of them live, then fill the set with hits and other tired songs. But Rush's track record of playing new songs from 1987-2002 was pretty disappointing.

Edited by GrandDesigner

Certainly they've played all of the debut, even if it's not on record. They couldn't have toured that album on just a few of their own songs and a bunch of covers, and considering the roughly equal quality levels of most of the album tracks on the debut, I see no reason for them to have left any of the tracks out pre-FBN.