The Official KISS Thread

The Cat 3

1974-1978 the greatest time ever for any band ... period

A lot of what they did early on has been overlooked - some of it their own doing - but never has a band gone beyond music and become a part of life like KISS

http://s26.postimg.org/arw5zhf95/1975goodone.jpg

• Like 4

Are you serious?

After all of these years on here there is no "Official KISS Klub?"

I'm on my tenth year on here. This is insane.

I am too tired to write a book tonight. I am sure some of you are happy! LOL!

Not sure where to begin but I joined the KISS ARMY back in 1976.

I was a KISS fan four years before I became a Rush Fanatic.

I don't need to argue or defend anything.

I know what I love and I love what I know.

I know KISS.

I will love them "FOREVER!"

I am so tired of hearing or reading how talentless they are.

They make more money then any of you! So as Great White would say, "STICK IT!"

KISS FUKKING RULES

I love all the members of KISS too.

ERIC CARR BABY!!! RIP!!!!!

ACE IS THE BEST!

PUN INTENDED!!!

ROCK SOLDIERS!

• Like 4

I first heard "Rock and Roll All Nite" on the radio and just loved what I heard.

I bought "Destroyer" with my paper route money and was just blown away by "Detroit Rock City".

We went to see them that year and that was it.

Just as you said Lucas, from that debut album to the solo albums they were just magic to me.

KISS, for me is the classic line up that spans from "KISS" to "Dynasty" (including the solo albums).

I saw KISS a second time, with Cheap Trick on the "Dynasty" tour.

They dropped off my musical radar screen after that.

I rediscovered them with "Crazy Nights" and "Asylum".

Never really considered them my "KISS" without Ace and Peter.

I love those first 6 studio albums and they are very important building blocks in my history as a music fan.

• Like 5

I first heard "Rock and Roll All Nite" on the radio and just loved what I heard.

I bought "Destroyer" with my paper route money and was just blown away by "Detroit Rock City".

Just as you said Lucas, from that debut album to the solo albums they were just magic to me.

KISS, for me is the classic line up that spans from "KISS" to "Dynasty" (including the solo albums).

I love those first 6 studio albums and they are very important building blocks in my history as a music fan.

Just incredible memories.

You brought out my first KISS memory!!!

I remember back in Christmas of 1976. Hell I was 8! I still believed in Santa!!!

I remember running out to my Christmas tree in the early morning. The first thing my young eyes settled on was a KISS DESTROYER VINYL RECORD!!!!

I ran right to it like a beacon of light!

I think that was the beginning of my end. By that I mean that Christmas day was the beginning of my addiction and obsession with ROCK AND ROLL! THANK GOD!

GOD MADE ROCK AND ROLL BABY! LOL! ARGENT! KISS!

Anyway, I remember getting my KISS ARMY form inside the album and I mailed it out with my dad's help! Fukk that was back in 1976!!

Do you guys know that I have taken my dad to see KISS four times now dating back to 1996?

My father is 78 and he loves KISS and RUSH!

I am blessed!!!!! And one lucky guy!!!!!!!!

I think "The Elder" rules!!!! Kiss tried to pay homage back to Rush!

"Going Blind" spawned "I Think I'm Going Bald."

I love the superficial snobbery of the so called RUSH FAN on here and in life period. The Rush Snob hates KISS. Talentless Hacks from New York. Dream Theater is from New York. They are talented Hacks.

LOL!

I could type all night.

Rush and Kiss adore each other. That would be like an apple falling in love with an orange. Or perhaps a pickle falling in love with a doughnut.

Whatever.

The "Rock Bottom" line is this.

RUSH AND KISS ARE TWO OF THE GREATEST BANDS EVER CREATED!

Signed,

"CREATURES OF THE NIGHT"

• Like 5

wow, you saw them on the Destroyer tour ?? That must have been - and probably still is amazing ..

I first heard them in 1975 - Rock And Roll All Night - and loved the song before I knew what they looked like ... Unfortunatley, I didn't get to see them until '79, but still, as a kid, that was an amazing experience

While I am usually very apprehensive about remixed and classic music being tinkered with, Bob Ezrin's Destroyer Resurrected is amazing ... If you don't already have it, I highly recommend it ..

I was painting my living room on Saturday, and I had Destroyer Resurrected blasting thru the old Bose 601 Series II speakers ( lol .. they still kick major behind ) .. Detroit Rock City sounded beyond amazing .... After that, I put on the Japanese SHM-CD of Signals and listened to about 30 seconds of Subdivisions before taking it out and putting KISS back in ...... The sound of that Destroyer remix is incredible

• Like 2

wow, you saw them on the Destroyer tour ?? That must have been - and probably still is amazing ..

I first heard them in 1975 - Rock And Roll All Night - and loved the song before I knew what they looked like ... Unfortunatley, I didn't get to see them until '79, but still, as a kid, that was an amazing experience

While I am usually very apprehensive about remixed and classic music being tinkered with, Bob Ezrin's Destroyer Resurrected is amazing ... If you don't already have it, I highly recommend it ..

I was painting my living room on Saturday, and I had Destroyer Resurrected blasting thru the old Bose 601 Series II speakers ( lol .. they still kick major behind ) .. Detroit Rock City sounded beyond amazing .... After that, I put on the Japanese SHM-CD of Signals and listened to about 30 seconds of Subdivisions before taking it out and putting KISS back in ...... The sound of that Destroyer remix is incredible

You both piss me off! LOL!

Seriously??

1976? 1979?????

I am so jealous!!!

I was "Too Young To Fall In Love."

Signed

Motley Crue

Motley Crue RIP

• Like 1

I have all of the KISS albums up to "Dynasty" (including Alive!, Alive II, Double Platinum and the solo albums) on SHM...

...they sound incredible...you need to hear "Alive!" And "Alive II" on SHM.

(I have the Rush SHM CDs as well).

Destroyer Resurrected is very good...it is remixed, not remastered and Bob Ezrin really did a great job with it.

• Like 1

Seriously??

1976? 1979?????

I am so jealous!!!

Signed

Motley Crue

Motley Crue RIP

lol

Earl, it was summer of '79 ... I was 12, and my older sis somehow got me, my best friend and my younger sis into see Dawn Of The Dead, which, at the time, had a strict X rating with no one under 18 allowed at all ...

The next week we went to KISS at Madison Square Garden

oh my god, were those the best times or what ?

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

Seriously??

1976? 1979?????

I am so jealous!!!

Signed

Motley Crue

Motley Crue RIP

lol

Earl, it was summer of '79 ... I was 12, and my older sis somehow got me, my best friend and my younger sis into see Dawn Of The Dead, which, at the time, had a strict X rating with no one under 18 allowed at all ...

DUDE!!!!

Are you serious?????

Do you know that I am also a Horror Fanatic????

You saw KISS and "Dawn Of The Dead" as a minor in 1979????????

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dawn Of The Dead" is simply one of the greatest films of all time!!!!! The shopping mall baby!!!

I want to write a screenplay based on your youth!! LOL

"FLAMING YOUTH!"

• Like 2

Seriously??

1976? 1979?????

I am so jealous!!!

Signed

Motley Crue

Motley Crue RIP

lol

DUDE!!!!

Are you serious?????

Do you know that I am also a Horror Fanatic????

You saw KISS and "Dawn Of The Dead" as a minor in 1979????????

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dawn Of The Dead" is simply one of the greatest films of all time!!!!! The shopping mall baby!!!

I want to write a screenplay based on your youth!! LOL

"FLAMING YOUTH!"

I think that was my introduction to Goblin ( ... I wouldn't see Suspiria until the mid 1980s when it came out on VHS )

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cDShzSX-CL4/S17zMZ2LW0I/AAAAAAAAB0M/jkSGEyJlEYo/s320/Goblin-Zombi_DawnOfTheDead-1998-fro.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/r1ijog.jpg

• Like 1

I am up for listening to Kiss!

Where is a good place to start? Destroyer?

• Like 2

Oooh, Fraroc would you care to share what you like about it so much?!

Never heard of it! Plus, sharing thoughts will boost this thread, I am sure!

Two places...

"Destroyer" "Rock and Roll Over" "Love Gun"

Then

"Kiss" "Hotter Than Hell" "Dressed to Kill"

...that's the best of the best.

• Like 2

Oooh, Fraroc would you care to share what you like about it so much?!

Never heard of it! Plus, sharing thoughts will boost this thread, I am sure!

Basically, COTN was KISS re-inventing themselves into a heavy metal band following failed experiments with pop rock and prog rock and the result was a f***ing fantastic album.

• Like 1

I think ReRushed said it best in the "albums" thread when he said, "Their legacy is cemented."

I agree with this as it pertains to KISS 1974-1979.

Everything else from that point on is hit and miss for me.

• Like 1

Segue, the history of KISS makes listening more intriguing ... Destroyer ( their 4th studio album ) came out on the heels of Alive! which was a huge, and completely unexpected, success .... But going into the recording of Destroyer, Alive! had not yet begun to light up the charts as it eventually did .... KISS was at the end of their first contract with Casablanca Records, and unbelievably, the band had not been paid any royalties up until that point - all the money from the record company and from their die-hard manager Bill Aucoin went into touring ..

KISS started legal action against Casablanca because they had not been paid, and literally 3 days after this action was started, Alive! began to take off ... Bill Aucion himself ( the manager ) had secured Bob Ezrin for production of Destroyer using his own money, hoping to take the album and shop it to other lables ...

When Alive! hit it big, Casablanca finally paid the band, and Destroyer was finished ... It was a considered a huge risk, both financially and musically, as it was a departure from KISS' raw, stripped down sound ..

IMHO, Destroyer is a classic among classics

The 2012 remix by Ezrin himself is the best IMHO

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Kiss albums are a wonderful adventure. Great hooks and some very good songs. Unbridled escapism. Yes, some of their music is embarrassingly cheesy, but under the right circumstances even the embarrassingly cheesy is great. Don't take Kiss too seriously and you will have some serious fun.
  • Like 3

I think ReRushed said it best in the "albums" thread when he said, "Their legacy is cemented."

I agree with this as it pertains to KISS 1974-1979.

Everything else from that point on is hit and miss for me.

The first two Alive albums are all the proof you need, IMHO.

• Like 1