Oh No! An Aerosmith Thread! "ROCKS" OR "TOYS IN THE ATTIC!" Don't Let Your "Sweet Emotion" Detract You From Reality!

RUSHHEAD666

Get Your "ROCKS" Off Rush Forum! Or Do You Have Star Wars "Toys In The Attic" Like Me?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are You On The "ROCKS" Or Do You Suck On a Ten inch Record In The Attic Of Clark W. Griswold?

• "ROCKS!"
    • "TOYS IN THE ATTIC!"

From the debut to Night in the Ruts is most excellent bluesy rock......after that they stopped taking smack and became shite.

So the message to Joe and Steve is...get back on the H and start writing some quality stuff again :-)

Signed, Seasons of Wither

Apparently they tried to cut an album about 10 years ago but Perry and Tyler were so whacked out they couldn't get it together.

From the debut to Night in the Ruts is most excellent bluesy rock......after that they stopped taking smack and became shite.

So the message to Joe and Steve is...get back on the H and start writing some quality stuff again :-)

Nice!!!

Tough one but I voted ROCKS. I had a summer job ( summer of 76 ) and worked nights. When I got out of work at 7am my ROCKS 8 track got me home every morning. Oh, I have a ROCKS t-shirt too.

Walkin' on Gucci wearin' Yves St. Laurent barely stay on cause I'm so God damn gaunt

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Tough one but I voted ROCKS. I had a summer job ( summer of 76 ) and worked nights. When I got out of work at 7am my ROCKS 8 track got me home every morning. Oh, I have a ROCKS t-shirt too.

Walkin' on Gucci wearin' Yves St. Laurent barely stay on cause I'm so God damn gaunt

Great song.

• Like 1

I actually enjoy Rock in a Hard Place and Done With Mirrors quite a bit too. Permanent Vacation and Pump are both good albums, although the band had admittedly started changing at that point into something I don't like.

Neither...have never been able to stand Tyler's voice. Much like GNR, this is a classic rock band I just cannot stand.

Calling GNR "classic rock" reminds me of how f*cking old I am now.

:LOL:

They're probably the "youngest" band I would call classic rock.

Classic rock to me is 1960's-80's and whatever hair bands survived into the 90's before getting stomped on by grunge.

Edited by BowlCity

PS...

How good is "Night in the Ruts"?!

They sound so tight and there is not a dud on that album.

It's hard to believe they were about to break up or there were any tensions in the band.

Now, that album is classic rock and roll.

• Like 2

PS...

How good is "Night in the Ruts"?!

They sound so tight and there is not a dud on that album.

It's hard to believe they were about to break up or there were any tensions in the band.

Now, that album is classic rock and roll.

I'm familiar with it only because of the cover art- but I don't think I've ever heard it.

Great song.

Tyler is, IMO, the best sly lyricist ever.

• Like 2

Great song.

Joe Perry wrote that.

Great song.

Joe Perry wrote that.

I was talking generally.

I can remember the exact time I first heard Aerosmith, 1975, in the car ( or course ) Walk This Way on the radio .. Loved it from the first time I heard it ..

Draw The Line is a favorite of mine, very underrated, but overall, I must say Toys In The Attic

Back in the 70s, our tiny local library went all futuristic and started borrowing out albums .. I can remember getting Live:Bootleg ( and Jeff Beck's Wired ) ... anyways, I remember my Mom being momentarily upset when she saw the stains from drinking glasses on the library album - lol

http://images.coveralia.com/audio/a/Aerosmith-Live_Bootleg-Interior_Frontal.jpg

• Like 2