Is there a way to tell when your iPod is dying?

Blue J

I have an iPod Classic (160GB, and it's been full for awhile now), and I love it. But recently when I hook it up to the computer to delete things off of it and put new things on it, when I connect it, it will say on the iPod screen that it's connected , but then it starts to synchronize, and then it says "OK to disconnect"- even though I haven't done anything at all.

It doesn't always do this, but it's happening more and more often. And when it does happen, my iTunes doesn't recognize it at all before it tells me "OK to disconnect".

Anyone else ever have this issue? Should I replace it?

Thanks in advance.

How is the battery?

Does not sound like its dying, i have had issues with the connection sync for ages.

But just make sure everything that is on there is in library and backed up. But that is telling you what you already know

It'll tell me to connect to a power source sometimes, even when it's three-quarters charged. I thought that was kind of strange, too.

I didn't know if if was more prone to give me errors because I keep it so full all the time. But that may not be the case.

Anyway, thank you. :)

It'll tell me to connect to a power source sometimes, even when it's three-quarters charged. I thought that was kind of strange, too.

I didn't know if if was more prone to give me errors because I keep it so full all the time. But that may not be the case.

Anyway, thank you. :)

Fwiw , every itunes upgrade seems like i had issues like this. I dont think they ste even making the classic anymore

I mostly use my phone now and have had a few connection issues. Could be my ancient pos laptop..

I have an iPod Classic (160GB, and it's been full for awhile now), and I love it. But recently when I hook it up to the computer to delete things off of it and put new things on it, when I connect it, it will say on the iPod screen that it's connected , but then it starts to synchronize, and then it says "OK to disconnect"- even though I haven't done anything at all.

It doesn't always do this, but it's happening more and more often. And when it does happen, my iTunes doesn't recognize it at all before it tells me "OK to disconnect".

Thanks in advance.

Same thing has happened to mine for years. It still works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Isn't it bloody frustrating, though- having to hook it up, and then unhook, and hook it up, and then unhook...hoping that this time, maybe this time, it'll work? It's maddening to me.

Thanks in advance.

Isn't it bloody frustrating, though- having to hook it up, and then unhook, and hook it up, and then unhook...hoping that this time, maybe this time, it'll work? It's maddening to me.

When I don't have control, it often automatically syncs for me even though I don't have it on auto-sync. Sometimes I need to wait 5 minutes or so for everything to work out, but I rarely need to connect it and disconnect it...just wait.

• Like 1