Stupidest things about "The Force Awakens" (SPOILERS!)

antiquark

Even the kids are mocking the movie now... (see picture)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9ac536398746b17aa819227887e8616f/tumblr_o0ga6hSG1I1rawlg9o1_400.jpg

What makes it worse is that Kylo Ren started off as such a f***ing badass too!!

I mean freezing blaster shots in the air? Knocking dudes out with his mind??

Hopefully Grandmaster CGI Snokes begins his training with "First things first: NEVER take your helmet off again, you puss!"

that was my stupidest thing ... him taking off the mask ... I don't believe I ever would have written it that way myself

I wasn't a fan of him taking off the mask so easily when Rey questioned him wearing it. At least when Han confronted him it made sense for father and son to look each other in the eye. Taking the mask off for Rey was just one of the many things in the movie that showed Kylo is not a true Sith Lord yet.

I wasn't a fan of him taking off the mask so easily when Rey questioned him wearing it. At least when Han confronted him it made sense for father and son to look each other in the eye. Taking the mask off for Rey was just one of the many things in the movie that showed Kylo is not a true Sith Lord yet.

Would have made more sense to keep it on for the mystery.

I thought about that too. BUT if I had been dragged into the mystery for 90% of the movie only to finally have the David Schwimmer-like face revealed before me, I would've been more disappointed than what the movie actually did.

• Like 1

I thought about that too. BUT if I had been dragged into the mystery for 90% of the movie only to finally have the David Schwimmer-like face revealed before me, I would've been more disappointed than what the movie actually did.

I think they should've just left it on. We didnt need to see his face.

I didn't WANT to see his face. And when I saw it, I really didn't want to see it. :LOL:

• Like 2

I didn't WANT to see his face. And when I saw it, I really didn't want to see it. :LOL:

Exactly! :LOL:

Not nice. Look, you made Darth Emo have a sad... :)

http://57.media.tumblr.com/7694026a74f2076f22e5b3d05c60559b/tumblr_o0xq0lUAkb1sjtg3ko1_400.gif

Edited by antiquark
  • Like 1

http://57.media.tumblr.com/7694026a74f2076f22e5b3d05c60559b/tumblr_o0xq0lUAkb1sjtg3ko1_400.gif

Kill it with fire.

• Like 1

Kill it with fire.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber right before he has that gagging look.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I guess they wanted to humanize him right away to show how conflicted he is.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I guess they wanted to humanize him right away to show how conflicted he is.

They could've just shown his eyes instead of his whole face. I just think it was handled poorly.

They could've just shown his eyes instead of his whole face. I just think it was handled poorly.

Of course if he kept the helmet on the whole time it'd be just another bullet in the "They copied A New Hope!" argument.

At least this part was different, just not good different.

• Like 1

So you wanted this movie to more closely resemble the original trilogy?

I, for one, am glad that we have a more interesting and nuanced bad guy this time around.

• Like 1

I, for one, am glad that we have a more interesting and nuanced bad guy this time around.

No, I think they should have left it off completely and gotten a decent, believeable actor for the part. It was a stupid and predictable plot device that didn't work.

No, I think they should have left it off completely and gotten a decent, believeable actor for the part. It was a stupid and predictable plot device that didn't work.

Taking off the mask was predictable? In what way?

Kill it with fire.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber right before he has that gagging look.

"Sith & Sither: the Adventures of Snokes and Kylo."

Edited by antiquark

Taking off the mask was predictable? In what way?

Just having the mask on was predictable. Him taking it off was the same because it was obvious they wanted us to know what he looked like.