My Hobby....Models!

OldRUSHfan

Did a little 'cleaning up' on the fuselage today, plus the Ventral weapons pack and lastly, the tail cone of the fuselage. More work on the fuselage tomorrow, and then it's on to the Main Wings!

tuUoKeN.jpg

G0CO757.gifmzi08dJ.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Decided I'd better get the stuff tied up in a bow and ready for the Main Wing. painting stuff and getting ready for the largest part of the model, the main wing assembly, including both nacells and engines with main landing gear, ect.Yet to be done, [how could I forget this] the main TAIL ASSEMBLY. Here are the main landing gear, in diecast metal, painted in white primer so later correct color acrylic paint won't flake off the metal parts. Just finishing up stuff I can so I can move towards the Finishing of this model!

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Forgot to put the pic of the metal landing gear up...still doing stuff I can while waiting for other things are waiting to dry and such...

xm19YEx.jpgOne of the things I'm doing to speed things up down the line...Metal needs a primer so further painting down the line won't flake off. doing some paint fixes on the Ventral weapons pack.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Thanks. Planet X-1! I just finished up on the ventral weapons pack and the frame it hangs from. now all I have to do is insert the feeding tubes for the ammo to the 20 mm cannons and the bottom cover for the weapons pack. Then the middle and rear fuselage exept for the tail piece will be done for the fuselage. Then comes the Tail pieces and tail cone. Then on to the Main wings and engine nacells.

G0CO757.gif

Great stuff there ORF ! :notworthy:

Is that Nigel Tufnel?

oWUXe5w.gif

• Like 1

The Ventral weapons pack attatched to the silver frame above it, and awaiting the ventral cover.

9Fcrz82.jpg

jXIEEH1.jpg And with the cover...hasn't been glued yet...will soon.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Tore the cockpit apart, and am waiting to completely re-do it when the sprues I re-bought get here by the end of this week.I realized I'd mis built it when I went to add the inside nose assembly cover where the armor pilot gets protected and the gunsight sits didn't sit right where it should, and here are the instructions to show you what parts I'm talking about and how they should sit.

mBPs5rH.jpg

The Nose Armor plate and the fold down Armor plate [which folds down on the actual aircraft] will NOT sit down flat like it should because of out of place parts in the forward cockpit area. This will be rectified!

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Now that I'm Back, I must catch everyone up to what I've been up to. The new sprues are here, And I've been rebuilding the cockpit area and doing some things I didn't the first time. Including painting the pistol holders on either side front on the left side, rear on the right side

mOoYCNw.jpgNeat addition to this model, I thought!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

The re-build of the cockpit area goes on...

KY8KgfE.jpg

pjp4lFf.jpgThe red handle to the left center is the ejection seat release for the radio/radar operator.

DVO8f6S.jpg for details, levers and such, the front cockpit area

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

I'm going through parts from the new sprues I received Last week, and also the first ones I did, and seeing where the process I used would be improved. It's making me VERY HAPPY! Doing the flight deck over has proven extremely GOOD for me! Gas and Groceries tomorrow, but may get back to model later in day.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Haven't gotten back yet. Just purchased Vallejo Chrome paint for the 'oleo' joints on the landing gear on the Z-M He 219 A-0

n8zEabP.jpgThe siver part is the part that needs primer, then the chome that's on the way later this week.

This part acts like a 'Shock absorber' for the landing gear strut and there are 'oleo' parts to all landing gear struts.

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

wow. I have to slow down....My brain is NOT connecting the dots... Planet X-1, the details are acheived by Photo Etch sheets. ultra thin sheets of brass or sometimes Steel or tin sheets etched with chemicals and then painted to enhance appearences of details in the space they are in. Heres a sheet with a ruler to show the sixe

LWqwocH.jpg

:banana:

• Like 2

Up to date photos...

ZM He 219 A-0 YXvXaq4.jpgf5av212.jpg

F4WQVvv.jpg

First photo is the flight deck bottom, The red globular parts are compressed air containers for the ejection seats.The second pic, the red painted handle in the Radar/radio operator's area next to the radar viewing hoods is the handle used to eject the Radar/Radio operator's seat. Also, the long red bar next to the Pilot's seat on the armrest console is the lever for ejecting the Pilot's seat.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 2

Just have been busy with my computer recovery. All my pictures, have finished all my CD burning, I'm actually getting back into Modelling mode the last week or so. May start with a small car or something. Maybe finish the Beetle Bus!
  • Like 1

Crazy detail! I like the cockpit control decals. :)

I think those things you are calling 'Decals' in the controls area are Photo Etch parts! Pre-painted on metal sheets that you have to remove and super glue to the place they need to be!

20TzpwG.jpg

iREde7q.jpg I hope this clears up what you're seeing! :)

• Like 1

Just have been busy with my computer recovery. All my pictures, have finished all my CD burning, I'm actually getting back into Modelling mode the last week or so. May start with a small car or something. Maybe finish the Beetle Bus!

I’m watching for the A-10 again.

• Like 1

I’m watching for the A-10 again.

I'm rather capricious mood when it comes to modeling, always have been. Now, I have so MANY of them, I can afford to jump from one to another....I used to have just a few different models to choose from, now I have nearly 100 or more. cars, trucks, boats, tanks, space ships, some figures[barnabas Collins, and The person who played the Werewolf on Dark Shadows], so I can literally be as eclectic as I wish....I know where to go for info, so it'll get done sometime!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Ok, I'm finally Back! In the Mood for Models again! Back with the ZM He 219 A-0, firming up the fuselage sides nice and tight, getting ready to add the ventral weapons tray...

29TrDHL.jpg

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Today's work....getting the weapons tray ready to be mounted to the frame which holds the cannons. notice the 'guts' of the far cannon [right side] is missing. I lost the part and am having to re-order the sprue it was attatched to. Now one of the 'extras' for wing emplacement is in place there.

tTnxXnr.jpg

LiYGzMc.jpg There it is! The top of the pic, would be the inner cannon on the right side of the tray.

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Today's work.

uzJX80D.jpg Part with ventral weapon tray being glued in place

6PRsf8t.jpg Part in workmate vice

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1