My Hobby....Models!

OldRUSHfan

More on the SuperBug. The almost completed interior...

http://i.imgur.com/utrp6LQ.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/scbRuR4.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/NgzfOY6.jpg

• Like 1

Back to the Tamiya P-51 D in 1:32 scale...These are pictures of some of the PE parts being installed. This has to do with the 'under the belly' air Scoops...

SVEFssI.jpgThe first PE Screen meshpxDdPTY.jpgThe second PE screen meshLleivk4.jpgAnd the first magnet, sticking up on the part. This is an area which is HEAVY with PE parts.

HKDUvUd.gif

• Like 1

Look what I scored on Ebay!

qAyOHqV.jpg

Yup! That's the way models looked back in the '50s and '60s! Now they're a frickin' MAJOR PROJECT, with metal and resin and precision masking stuff included! I used to build PYRO kits that gave you chrome parts and normal color parts as a choice... hunter, what model of Ferrari is this? I got a copy of an old AMT kit which was shown on an earlier post, from E-Bay pf a '55 Chevy with a Bubble top that I'd made and destroyed years ago...almost the whole decal sheet made it a sweet find!

mmTiGNo.jpg

VEzVBK5.jpg

main body painted and hood , and chassis, but that will mostly change. This was a model I bought in the late '60s. '68 '69 st a GAMBLES store uptown.

xK6PkwU.gif?1

Look what I scored on Ebay!

qAyOHqV.jpg

Yup! That's the way models looked back in the '50s and '60s! Now they're a frickin' MAJOR PROJECT, with metal and resin and precision masking stuff included! I used to build PYRO kits that gave you chrome parts and normal color parts as a choice... hunter, what model of Ferrari is this? I got a copy of an old AMT kit which was shown on an earlier post, from E-Bay pf a '55 Chevy with a Bubble top that I'd made and destroyed years ago...almost the whole decal sheet made it a sweet find!

mmTiGNo.jpg

VEzVBK5.jpg

main body painted and hood , and chassis, but that will mostly change. This was a model I bought in the late '60s. '68 '69 st a GAMBLES store uptown.

xK6PkwU.gif?1

Nice. That is the 166 Barchetta. The Red Barchetta. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I also have had my HotWheels obsession with die cast models grow with me...Here are a few of mine...kYghG6e.jpgFerrari 166 MMECREfQS.jpgrO6nMvK.jpg 1955 Lincoln FuturafGcCSkR.jpg3Rwlzyh.jpg

oWUXe5w.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Q90lPBc.jpg

1955 Lincoln Futura rear view

tEZDj2x.jpgGHOaXhx.jpg

1960 Plymouth Valiant, a friend had a plastic Dealership promo model when I was a kid, I LOVED that design!

0o244DC.jpgOzdFcU9.jpg

MFWIJNL.jpgHotWheels makes 1/18 scale models now...1955 'Tubbed' Chevy in Drag version.

cEZvPhs.gif?1

• Like 1

I have that same HotWheels 166. But yours has a different paint job than mine.

Yes, I was lucky enough to find that model by Hotwheels when they first had a version that had metallic red paint.

Nice displays here, thanks for posting them!

Hey, I took Art AND Photography. I know how to set up a picture!!! LOL

Back to the P-51 D....intake module bit section complete, and now it's time to put the talves together...

xolNTvf.jpgqxyvOVW.jpgIntake in place.

q1cc1zh.jpgTwo Halves together, but lots still to do to get complete final fuselage togetherness.

While this is drying, going to go ahead and start some painting done on next step.

9kckJmu.jpg

One more pic. This is the parts for step 25...a couple steps farther up the list, but this pic is basically, The magnets, in thier bag, PE parts to the right end, and plastic parts in the middle.

LToCl7c.jpg

G0CO757.gif

I wasn't paying attention. I had finished step 20, which led to the ability to put the two halves together. I'm working on some things to get this 'putting the halves together' thing on.

KiFGPEi.png

K. Second time trying to make the two halves meet. Some did, others didn't. I should have checked to make sure all parts were meeting correctly. I got TOO MUCH glue on the parts and some were not seated correctly.

gonna be a days work at least. Here's a look into my building technique. If something gets too tedious, I move on to something interesting. I'm moving on to the HOBBYBOSS P-61 B Black Widow Night Fighter in 1/32 scale.

OAFQ8wn.jpg

First check of parts done, Looks good, not quite as many PE parts as the Tamiya Model, but a decent amount. No metal shafts or magnets like the Tamiya had, but lots more parts than the Monogram 1/48th scale I built in the '80s. Paint guide is a joke, but I've got a LOT of photos from the web to make my decisions for painting. More Pics to follow, of course...First couple steps...

FZGJkPe.jpg

f2B1C3O.gif?2

I've also decided to change to Acrylic paint. Water soluble and clean up is easy, also with water. Can't stand the smell of enamel paint thinner either...wish i'd known this before!

U0JcTdC.gif?1

Halfway to starting on the cockpit it suddenly occurred to me that I'm purchasing a BIG ED multipack of PE sheets on Sunday, which I'll receive in a couple weeks. until I get the packs and see what's in them, I can't proceed. So I'm going to look at the Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M5a Zero.

x8fXLCo.jpg

RKCcpCz.gif

I found out I needed Cockpit Green [iJN] before I could start THIS model. Then This morning I remembered I'd bought some Tamiya acrylic paint to finish the first Tamiya kit I'd bought back in 2013. One bottle had opened slightly and leaked a little. I used Model Master's suggestion, a blue-green metallic color they listed as Japanese interior color. They were WRONG.According to a JAPANESE company [Tamiya], the color is NOT blue-green it is light green and NOT METALLIC. Back to that color I NEED to start the Zero? It was one of the three colors I'd bought back in 2013! Going ahead with the Zero today! YAY!

GeqDOLF.gif

Got pretty far with the Zero today. If I'm amazed at Tamiya's attention to detail, I can't WAIT to get to the Zoukei-Mura kit once I get the extra part package for it!

xRmy23u.jpg

These are the parts that, when put together, will allow me to retract and extend the rear wheel on the Zero More pics tomorrow!

:banana:

Today's work so far.Tailwheel retracting unit parts

xRmy23u.jpgRXPyR5B.jpg

OCXEiVB.jpgfxfzcMf.jpg

Almost ready for fuselage glue together already!

qtARwcZ.gif

More pix from Tamiya Zero

RBelLRl.jpgmZf5jT1.jpg

fuselage Left side and right side in begining time details.in area directly behind cockpit cage.

G0CO757.gif

10qJBE5.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan