Lemmy is dead

bathory

When I saw the first post here I thought bathory was kidding (I'm sorry about that!) but no, not the case...

RIP, Ian Kilmister!!!

When I saw the first post here I thought bathory was kidding (I'm sorry about that!) but no, not the case...

RIP, Ian Kilmister!!!

Yeah, tbh so did I, especially as WIki hadn't even dropped it, but I don't think he would kid around with something like that really. All I could find was just a small notice on the official.

I have only one Motorhead album, yep, you guessed it - Ace of Spades. I listened to it this morning, I don't know if it's revisionism on my part because of Lemmy's passing, but, wow, it's much better than I remember.

yeah, take away the image and the tall tales and you've still got great rock n roll. everyone focuses on the volume or the whiskey or the warts, but people forget that Lemmy crafted incredibly catchy, driving rock songs. if Lemmy had been handsome, I could see Motörhead being as big as AC/DC. Not that they were obscure or unappreciated by any means, but you get what I mean

• Like 1

RIP, Ian Kilmister!!!

Yeah, tbh so did I, especially as WIki hadn't even dropped it, but I don't think he would kid around with something like that really. All I could find was just a small notice on the official.

I don't think I've ever told a joke on here that'd be as tasteless and shitty as that one. I was hoping it was a hoax, but sadly, no.

• Like 1

I have only one Motorhead album, yep, you guessed it - Ace of Spades. I listened to it this morning, I don't know if it's revisionism on my part because of Lemmy's passing, but, wow, it's much better than I remember.

yeah, take away the image and the tall tales and you've still got great rock n roll. everyone focuses on the volume or the whiskey or the warts, but people forget that Lemmy crafted incredibly catchy, driving rock songs.

Not to mention a massive influence/inspiration on a few fave bands of mine. He can't be thanked enough on what he left. No, really.

RIP, Ian Kilmister!!!

I don't think I've ever told a joke on here that'd be as tasteless and shitty as that one. I was hoping it was a hoax, but sadly, no.

Of course.

I called it. I f***ing knew it was going to happen..... I knew by how deathly thin he looked in the beginning of this year when he performed onstage with the Foo Fighters, that if he made the entire year I'd be surprised....It's sad to see that I was right :(

We lost two very good bassists this year to cancer, Lemmy and Chris Squire of Yes...

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/200wtf_zps8860ce38.gif

Agreed. No need for gloating about predicting someone dying.

You honestly think I'm f***ing HAPPY about it? f**k NO.

It's not what you said, you over sensitive goon, it is how you said it.

Sheesh for someone who cries at everything anyone ever says about you, maybe once in a while you could look at your own posts and try for yourself this little thing called tact.

You sounded almost gloating in your post.

• Like 2

This is so sad, but reading these posts helps. No idea what to say because I think most posts have already said it. Just lost and bewildered

Rest in Peace doesn't sound quite right for Lord Lem.

I had tickets for their Newcastle show in January and I had hoped to see Motorheed (sic) play one more time. Not to be.

yeah, take away the image and the tall tales and you've still got great rock n roll. everyone focuses on the volume or the whiskey or the warts, but people forget that Lemmy crafted incredibly catchy, driving rock songs.

Not to mention a massive influence/inspiration on a few fave bands of mine. He can't be thanked enough on what he left. No, really.

Yeah, id say half of what I like wouldn't exist if not for lemmy. take away Motörhead and venom from history and you wipe out several genres

• Like 1

I called it. I f***ing knew it was going to happen..... I knew by how deathly thin he looked in the beginning of this year when he performed onstage with the Foo Fighters, that if he made the entire year I'd be surprised....It's sad to see that I was right :(

We lost two very good bassists this year to cancer, Lemmy and Chris Squire of Yes...

Sheesh for someone who cries at everything anyone ever says about you, maybe once in a while you could look at your own posts and try for yourself this little thing called tact.

I'm all for busting fraroc's balls (?) all the time, but this isn't really the thread for it

• Like 4

RIP, Ian Kilmister!!!

No, I knew you wouldn't f**k around about that here. That would have been a complete asshole move, and you wouldn't stoop that low.

• Like 1

Yeah, id say half of what I like wouldn't exist if not for lemmy. take away Motörhead and venom from history and you wipe out several genres

That's it right there. Legend. Enough said.

• Like 1

I'm all for busting fraroc's balls (?) all the time, but this isn't really the thread for it

No one is trying to bust anyone's balls BUT, if I think someone is using someone's death to brag about some prediction they allegedly made I'm probably going to call them out on it. If they used poor wording that's on them.

• Like 1

No one is trying to bust anyone's balls BUT, if I think someone is using someone's death to brag about some prediction they allegedly made I'm probably going to call them out on it. If they used poor wording that's on them.

I agree with Bathory's sentiments, I just wanted to point out that the death of such a beloved icon, especially after a rough couple of years healthwise, is not something to gloat about. It was disgusting to read, but sorry for drawing attention to it guys, this is a really sad day and I will just say this:

:rose:

(For Lemmy, not Fray Fray)

• Like 2

I agree with Bathory's sentiments, I just wanted to point out that the death of such a beloved icon, especially after a rough couple of years healthwise, is not something to gloat about. It was disgusting to read, but sorry for drawing attention to it guys, this is a really sad day and I will just say this:

Segue, all I pointed out was that I expected it to happen some time this year. If you've seen Motörhead footage from this year, the poor guy was a skeleton towards the end. It really is a sad situation and I do not like the fact that I was right.

Intriguing....

Back to lemmy now

• Like 2

Segue, all I pointed out was that I expected it to happen some time this year. If you've seen Motörhead footage from this year, the poor guy was a skeleton towards the end. It really is a sad situation and I do not like the fact that I was right.

I understand what you meant, he looked like an old man who was about to croak and you suspected he might not last long. it's not particularly offensive, you just express yourself in a certain way and I'm sure you're aware of how that, er, annoys some. forget about it and turn up some Motörhead

• Like 3

I understand what you meant, he looked like an old man who was about to croak and you suspected he might not last long. it's not particularly offensive, you just express yourself in a certain way and I'm sure you're aware of how that, er, annoys some. forget about it and turn up some Motörhead

No shit!

I love this fukking forum but man the Drama Queens love to roll around in their shit and spray it everywhere!

Yeah I know!

I'm a Queen too! BUT DAMN! LEMMY RULES! HE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!

CRANK MOTORHEAD AND BITCHES SHUT THE FUKK UP!

Show some respect to the MAN!

I'm signing off now. I'm single now.

TIME FOR SOME "ORGASMATRON!"

I've never had an orgasm to "Tron."

UGH!

• Like 3