Lemmy is dead

bathory

A memorial service will be held on saturday January 9th from 2pm to 2am at the Rainbow bar and grill in West Hollywood.

Guys! You aren't going to believe this. Well I think you will.

So I am taking my 18 year old daughter down to San Diego on January 9th.

I will be driving through LA around 1 pm.

My goal is to be at Coronado around 4 pm.

I am thinking about checking into the hotel and then leaving Zoe there in the room and driving back up to Los Angeles to hit the Rainbow.

But!

And I ask you as my friends.

Am I too selfish? Should I just stay with my daughter and blow this off? Probably.

But if I go. How will I find a parking spot?

I probably won't even get into the joint.

Should I UBER it to LA?

I will probably just stay in San Diego with my daughter. That's the right thing to do.

But what do you think?

Take you daughter!!

Hahaha! I like the way you think! I already asked her if she wouldn't mind just swinging by!

She has zero interest.

Hey at least she saw Rush twice when she was younger! Skylar saw Rush once.

Life complete.

They both saw a Neil Peart drum solo! :)

Yeah dude...hang with your kid.

Pour one out for Lemmy though.

I think you are right.

I get two nights to be with her at a beautiful hotel before I check her in. Unload her stuff and then sadly DD I get to drive home to an empty home.

I will eventually stop typing about it but I am sort of insecure.

I can type tough and be passionate but my divorce will really settle in when I get home.

I will be alone.

The wife, Skylar and even the pug will be gone.

I will be strong.

I have my music and I can still terrorize everyone on here.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I think you are right.

I get two nights to be with her at a beautiful hotel before I check her in. Unload her stuff and then sadly DD I get to drive home to an empty home.

I can type tough and be passionate but my divorce will really settle in when I get home.

I will be alone.

I will be strong.

Cheers!

Damn bud...heres to music!!!!

• Like 1

I think you are right.

I will be alone.

I will be strong.

Cheers!

Damn bud...heres to music!!!!

Thank you my friend! Cheers to music! Goodnight!

I will be ok. I have my daughters, my parents my job my friends, The Rush Forum, Music my drums and sports!

So since this is the Lemmy thread I will tell you.

I have had this motto for about 8 months now. It's "SINGLE FOR LIFE HALF WAY TO DEATH."

It's how I feel now as I have no interest in women or dating.

I was going to write the lyrics to that song title and mail them to Lemmy.

Sadly now that he has passed I will just write the tune and keep it under "LOCK AND KEY."

Signed,

HOLD YOUR FIRE!

LOL!

One of the greatest albums in the world!!

I know, I'm insane.

It's ok.

I don't want to be a boring, tired human.

Ironically,

Goodnight.

A smart arse just discovered a new heavy metal, and some even smarter arses, want it to be named Lemmium. That's the ace of spades, Lemmy's name finally cemented in the Periodic Table of the Elements. I love the idea. :smoke:

Fire, Water, Earth, Air...Lemmy, the fifth element. :hail:

• Like 1

I know this comment isn't going to make me popular amongst people who listen to metal and metal only, but when you look at how many memorial services are going on for Lemmy and the huge fan gatherings, the death of Lemmy is the heavy metal community's equivalent of the death of Michael Jackson. Granted, the metal community is much smaller than the MJ fanbase but I feel the reactions were pretty similar. Fans organizing memorials, Lemmy's funeral is going to be broadcast...

I know this comment isn't going to make me popular amongst people who listen to metal and metal only, but when you look at how many memorial services are going on for Lemmy and the huge fan gatherings, the death of Lemmy is the heavy metal community's equivalent of the death of Michael Jackson. Granted, the metal community is much smaller than the MJ fanbase but I feel the reactions were pretty similar. Fans organizing memorials, Lemmy's funeral is going to be broadcast...

The only other death in the metal world that is equal to this one is Ronnie James Dio. Pretty much the same thing happened when he died as well. I can't remember if the whole funeral was shown online for Dio but enough clips were made available that it felt like it.

• Like 1

The only other death in the metal world that is equal to this one is Ronnie James Dio. Pretty much the same thing happened when he died as well. I can't remember if the whole funeral was shown online for Dio but enough clips were made available that it felt like it.

Im thinking when Ozzy passes, it will be much similar.

• Like 1

I don't really want to make a list. I think it's morbid to say "it's gonna suck when 'rock star name' dies".

But there are a bunch of guys who's passings will invoke similar strong reactions. I'm not going to name names... here's 10 of them.

1) Influential songwriter and bass player from the 60's, one of 2 left from his band.

2) The guitar player who arguably invented Heavy Metal.

3) 2's singer. One of 2's singers is alredy gone.

4) The guitar player from that other heavy band that started in the 60's and carried on until the end of the 70's.

5) 4's singer.

6) The guitar player with the flaming fretboard, who's band got their break in 77... California.

7) A singer from Birmingham who used to have about 5 octaves. Still has about 3.

8) One sourpussed drummer from Canada. (I really think he's the 1 of the 3 who will get the biggest reaction)

9) A certain schoolboy guitarist from Australia.

10) A very influential guitar player who is a peer of 4 - mostly plays blues now rather than his older material.

Edited by grep

Im thinking when Ozzy passes, it will be much similar.

Ozzy's will be bigger than those two. His popularity is much greater.

Here's a link to a nice tribute site that lists some data about dead rock musicians.

For all the morbid angels...

http://www.thedeadro...m/deadrock.html

R.I.P. (Rest in Party) Lemmy :hail: :smoke: