Within Temptation Thread

Verena

With Iron Maiden and now Within Temptation doing exclusively European tours next year, This raises a pretty bothersome problem.

Thanks to the fact that here in the U.S, our crowds just aren't that active at rock and metal shows anymore with the advent of smartphones, bands are now refusing to tour in the U.S. I'm sorry, but when is it going to be time to say enough is enough with this filming the whole show on your phone garbage? I'd say when it gets to the point where your favorite rock and metal bands are taking a stance and refusing to to play in America, it's gotten too much.

Shut the fcuk up you boring ass pleb

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

I'd love too I heard I am great.

• Like 1

With Iron Maiden and now Within Temptation doing exclusively European tours next year, This raises a pretty bothersome problem.

Thanks to the fact that here in the U.S, our crowds just aren't that active at rock and metal shows anymore with the advent of smartphones, bands are now refusing to tour in the U.S. I'm sorry, but when is it going to be time to say enough is enough with this filming the whole show on your phone garbage? I'd say when it gets to the point where your favorite rock and metal bands are taking a stance and refusing to to play in America, it's gotten too much.

Doing what you do best. Seeing something that isn't there and making something ridiculous up. Yes, people do use their phones too much at shows these days but it's not exclusive to the US. I'm sure Europeans are just as addicted to their smart phones as anyone else in North America is.

Also, these bands are from Europe. Within Temptation can fill much bigger venues there then here. So, of course they're going to tour there first. That way they can have the money to come tour here which is way more expensive for a European band.

There is nothing that says either band won't tour over here. In fact, I'm betting that they will bring these tours here. I believe WT starts all their tours in Europe before coming here. It's not uncommon for Maiden to do the same.

Doing what you do best. Seeing something that isn't there and making something ridiculous up. Yes, people do use their phones too much at shows these days but it's not exclusive to the US. I'm sure Europeans are just as addicted to their smart phones as anyone else in North America is.

Also, these bands are from Europe. Within Temptation can fill much bigger venues there then here. So, of course they're going to tour there first. That way they can have the money to come tour here which is way more expensive for a European band.

There is nothing that says either band won't tour over here. In fact, I'm betting that they will bring these tours here. I believe WT starts all their tours in Europe before coming here. It's not uncommon for Maiden to do the same.

And lets end it here.

Well done.

Within Temptation are great!

Replayed The Heart Of Everything today. Masterpiece.

• Like 1

I love Sharon so much!

Such a genuine, emotive and sexy voice.

Considering I've been initially underwhelmed by every lead single they have ever released...only to find once the album arrives it grew on me...and that the rest of the album sucks...only for it to grow on me...I am pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed this!

I love Hydra. Might be a top three album for me. This is something I'm looking forward too very much!

So, the band has an app now which has a new song on it. The song is good. Sounds like what they have been doing for the last few albums with the more poppy direction. The app is just like a streamlined version of a website. I figured I would give it a shot and see what they plan to do with it. Do other bands have apps? I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, J2112YYZ said:

So, the band has an app now which has a new song on it. The song is good. Sounds like what they have been doing for the last few albums with the more poppy direction. The app is just like a streamlined version of a website. I figured I would give it a shot and see what they plan to do with it. Do other bands have apps? I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Yes I downloaded it and heard the new song! Not sure that I have ever heard of anyone else having apps. 

The new song continues their current direction. I love this style to be honest, it translates well live. I have no issue with bands settling for a sound. They aren't two samey albums into their career, if I want something more than this sound I can choose from many other eras.

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes I downloaded it and heard the new song! Not sure that I have ever heard of anyone else having apps. 

The new song continues their current direction. I love this style to be honest, it translates well live. I have no issue with bands settling for a sound. They aren't two samey albums into their career, if I want something more than this sound I can choose from many other eras.

All the app is mainly doing right now is posting pictures of the current tour. I will never object to more pictures of Sharon so I'm ok with that. I wonder if they will use it as a way to release more exclusive stuff like getting new music/album info and tour dates before anyone else. It definitely still feels like it's in the early stages when looking through the app. I'm sure there's more things to come.

By the way, their stage show for this tour, WOW!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

All the app is mainly doing right now is posting pictures of the current tour. I will never object to more pictures of Sharon so I'm ok with that. I wonder if they will use it as a way to release more exclusive stuff like getting new music/album info and tour dates before anyone else. It definitely still feels like it's in the early stages when looking through the app. I'm sure there's more things to come.

By the way, their stage show for this tour, WOW!

Within Temptation have always had great stage shows, if this is another step up I am excited to see!

I do feel they really love to put their energies into performing these days. It's been a while since the last album, and they don't seem in any rush to delay touring for a new album. I love that about them, you can really see how much connecting with an audience means to Sharon!

I feel a huge discography marathon coming on!

New album out October 20th. I'm happy about that since I wasn't really liking them releasing random singles over the last couple of years because I've always been a full album kind of listener. All those singles are together on Spotify and I must admit I do like the songs a lot better hearing them together than as stand alone songs.

This new song is pretty good. It's about the struggles the women of Iraq have to fight against.

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

New album out October 20th. I'm happy about that since I wasn't really liking them releasing random singles over the last couple of years because I've always been a full album kind of listener. All those singles are together on Spotify and I must admit I do like the songs a lot better hearing them together than as stand alone songs.

This new song is pretty good. It's about the struggles the women of Iraq have to fight against.

I really wish I liked the new stuff, but either I'm just Fading away from this style or I just don't gel with this direction.

Saying that I find with WT it normally takes me ages to get into any new album. Don't ask me why, I tend to trust it will click eventually lol

Happy to report I love the new single Bleed Out, and all their recent singles have grown on me.

I'm excited for the new album now!

• Like 1