Within Temptation Thread

Verena

Gonna be brutal and incur the wrath of hundreds...

But...

Tarja sang that like she was flirting with a whale...

Awesome to see two legends of the genre perform live together.

But I am sick to death of Tarja sounding so terrible onstage. Her training, her experience, her previous high standards...I have completely lost all love for Tarja as a performer and artist in recent years.

Singing with Sharon, who is self taught, just proves even more to me just how much years of fancy training do not equate extreme talent.

Rant over.

Felt bad being so mean but I truly have no patience left. I have completely given up following her career.

And yes I tried the new album and to say it sucked is to pay it a complement.

• Like 1

I do love seeing Tarja happy and I actually think she looked beautiful.

Ouch I hate being so harsh about her but there is something about her music that sends me into waves of frustrated annoyance.

Had she carried on with Nightwish with her voice as it is now you would not have seen me in Wembley last year.

Sometimes trained singers are the worst........and i'm not kidding.

It's why a lot you'll hear people tell other self taught people NOT to get training, lol

Mick

I honestly feel frustrated because I really enjoy the live albums of Nightwish with Tarja, I loved her debut album My Winter Storm...but with every passing year she is getting lazier with her English enunciation, her pitching is embarrassing, her music is messy, confused and directionless, her image is a joke and she insists on covering songs that really do her no favours.

I LOVE HER as a personality, she is really lovely in interviews and her love and gratitude towards her fans is touching.

But the woman insists on coasting. Seriously, it's truly sad to me as a fan to say that, for all the hate Anette Olzon had thrown at her for her live performances, Tarja is no better.

I long to be blown away by Tarja. I always have quiet anticipation for a new release, and to hear her collaboration with WT on record was a minor dream come true from my younger days.

Then I heard this and once again she sounds so poor! The novelty of this collaboration has worn off, I am not a Nightwish fan boy that thinks everything present or former members do outside the band is gold. She was part of the soundtrack to my teens and to see her become this bizarre mess is really frustrating!

The total opposite happened with Floor Jansen. I hated After Forever and Revamp, I always thought she was overrated as both a singer and a songwriter, and I was truly nervous when she entered the Nightwish fold...and then out came Showtime, Storytime and I was converted!

I dunno, it just saddens me to see two women I love so much and have nothing nice to say about one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tarja but her music and voice has been dead to me for a long time.

I think this is the wrong thread! I've been hiding this in from the Nightwish forum as every time I mention how I feel about her voice I get cyber slapped by a bunch of deaf fan boys.

• Like 1

OK, didn't expect this reaction to the video I posted :LOL:

I just thought it was cool that Tarja joined them on stage to do the song. I'm not sure how many times that's actually happened? So, I thought it was a nice moment and worth putting the video up.

Yeah, she didn't sound that great but did she even perform that day? Maybe this was all she was doing and her voice wasn't really warmed up or anything like that.

As always, Sharon :wub:

• Like 1

OK, didn't expect this reaction to the video I posted :LOL:

I just thought it was cool that Tarja joined them on stage to do the song. I'm not sure how many times that's actually happened? So, I thought it was a nice moment and worth putting the video up.

Yeah, she didn't sound that great but did she even perform that day? Maybe this was all she was doing and her voice wasn't really warmed up or anything like that.

As always, Sharon :wub:

I know sorry!

I just let of like months worth of steamy haha!!

And Sharon is amazing. Not sure I can think of any vocalists around today better live than her, regardless of gender.

I just found the post from the day my cat died.

I have a nasty lump in my throat after that

I just found the post from the day my cat died.

I have a nasty lump in my throat after that

I lost a cat last year he was 13 years old and had an on and off again ear infection he couldn't shake for a while. Even the medicine for it wasn't working anymore. Surgery was the only alternative but I couldn't afford that. One night he went behind the door of the bedroom, a spot he never went to, and quietly died.

Ok, that was downer, now back on topic. I'm guessing a new album is coming from them next year. Seems like they do one every three years, so they'll be due in 2017 unless Sharon is pregnant again.

I hope faroc realises he's more than welcome to come in to this thread and give his thoughts on the band. Don't want you to think we were trying to scare you off by dismissing the other thread.

If you haven't heard The Howling yet, I highly recommend that song.

What do you guys think is WT's saddest song?

I always thought Frozen was pretty sad.

Memories too.

Forgiven

She had a miscarriage and it's about that. Her sadness at the loss of life she felt strongly attached too.

What do you guys think is WT's saddest song?

I always thought Frozen was pretty sad.

Memories too.

Forgiven

She had a miscarriage and it's about that. Her sadness at the loss of life she felt strongly attached too.

Oh shit, she had a miscarriage? I never knew that or what the song was about.

BUMP

I am reading The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. This is proving to be one of the greatest works of fiction, of any genre, I have ever read.

It is also the series that inspired the lyrics of Hand Of Sorrow!

I FREAKIN ADORE THAT SONG!!!!!

Now I am so happy!!!

• Like 1

BUMP

I am reading The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. This is proving to be one of the greatest works of fiction, of any genre, I have ever read.

It is also the series that inspired the lyrics of Hand Of Sorrow!

I FREAKIN ADORE THAT SONG!!!!!

Now I am so happy!!!

I didn't know. Thanks for information. :)

Sharon den Adel now has a solo project called My Indigo.

Lead single, also called My Indigo, is very underwhelming.

• Like 1

With Iron Maiden and now Within Temptation doing exclusively European tours next year, This raises a pretty bothersome problem.

Thanks to the fact that here in the U.S, our crowds just aren't that active at rock and metal shows anymore with the advent of smartphones, bands are now refusing to tour in the U.S. I'm sorry, but when is it going to be time to say enough is enough with this filming the whole show on your phone garbage? I'd say when it gets to the point where your favorite rock and metal bands are taking a stance and refusing to to play in America, it's gotten too much.

• Like 1

With Iron Maiden and now Within Temptation doing exclusively European tours next year, This raises a pretty bothersome problem.

Thanks to the fact that here in the U.S, our crowds just aren't that active at rock and metal shows anymore with the advent of smartphones, bands are now refusing to tour in the U.S. I'm sorry, but when is it going to be time to say enough is enough with this filming the whole show on your phone garbage? I'd say when it gets to the point where your favorite rock and metal bands are taking a stance and refusing to to play in America, it's gotten too much.

Shut the fcuk up you boring ass pleb

Shut the fcuk up you boring ass pleb

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

Edited by fraroc