Within Temptation Thread

Verena

I always thought that if Nightwish recorded The Truth Beneath The Rose, you wouldn't be able to tell that it was someone else's song. I consider that song Within Temptations attempt at doing Nightwish. And I think they did a damn good job with it.
  • Like 1

I wasn't the biggest fan of And We Run but then I saw them play it live.

WOW!!

The song had a whole new energy to it that the studio version doesn't capture. The rap part had such power live. Surprised the hell out of me and knocked me back a few inches from where I was standing.

Sharon has grown into such a great live performer. She was so energetic on stage and sang flawlessly.

what song & band are you talking about here? I'm intrigued.
  • Like 1

WOW!!

The song had a whole new energy to it that the studio version doesn't capture. The rap part had such power live. Surprised the hell out of me and knocked me back a few inches from where I was standing.

Sharon has grown into such a great live performer. She was so energetic on stage and sang flawlessly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bqRn0rLq1c

Try this!

And We Run is great. I will upload that in a second (but it has a rap part which totally does not represent the band at all, aside from its eclecticism).

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I always thought that if Nightwish recorded The Truth Beneath The Rose, you wouldn't be able to tell that it was someone else's song. I consider that song Within Temptations attempt at doing Nightwish. And I think they did a damn good job with it.

They did! It is a phenomenal song, one that I appreciate more now than I did back when the album was first released!

The Unforgiving, I totally forgot how much this album rocks!
  • Like 1

WOW!!

Try this!

And We Run is great. I will upload that in a second (but it has a rap part which totally does not represent the band at all, aside from its eclecticism).

ok, but can you say the name of the band & the name of the song?
  • Like 1

WOW!!

Try this!

& I don't mind some rap (as long as it's not roll the bones, lol!) I liked that part where she went through the door.
  • Like 2

WOW!!

Try this!

We were discussing the band Within Temptation, the song was And We Run.

The song I posted was The Howling.

Sorry got too excited and posted a classic rather than respond properly haha!

• Like 1

WOW!!

Try this!

We were discussing the band Within Temptation, the song was And We Run.

The song I posted was The Howling.

Sorry got too excited and posted a classic rather than respond properly haha!

it's all good!

Thanks for the clarification : )

• Like 1

Within Temptation- Lost

Oh my word how have I never properly noticed this song!

Sharon's voice, the guitars...the...EVERYTHING!

Sorry not an official video, just a fan edit. Still! Enjoy!!

• Like 2

When it comes to Within Temptation, I simply refuse to rank their albums ever again!

It is clear to me that my favourite WT album is whichever one I happen to be playing at the time haha!

• Like 1

WOW!!

Try this!

& I don't mind some rap (as long as it's not roll the bones, lol!) I liked that part where she went through the door.

The rap in And We Run is overall better put together than the one in RTB. Within Temptation got a real rapper, Xzibit, to write and record those parts. So, it comes off as genuine. As opposed to the rap in RTB where it was three lame white boys trying to be all dope and shit.

• Like 1

WOW!!

Try this!

The rap in And We Run is overall better put together than the one in RTB. Within Temptation got a real rapper, Xzibit, to write and record those parts. So, it comes off as genuine. As opposed to the rap in RTB where it was three lame white boys trying to be all dope and shit.

thank-you for verbalizing my thoughts perfectly!

WOW!!

after suggestions on this thread I checked some of their stuff out. We run was ok. Really liked the rap part mostly, surprisingly. Sharon (lead singer's name?)is beautiful.

So far, of the several WT songs I checked, I only really dug the howling. The video was dark, but her performance in it was awesome. So thanks to this thread for turning me on to a new band & song!

• Like 2

Ok at first listen, everything but the howling, I was like'mehh'but she's growing on me! Listened to several in a row tonight.

What have you listened to so far?

angel, memories, mother earth & stand my ground, really liked them all. Her voice is so beautiful.
  • Like 2

Ok at first listen, everything but the howling, I was like'mehh'but she's growing on me! Listened to several in a row tonight.

What have you listened to so far?

angel, memories, mother earth & stand my ground, really liked them all. Her voice is so beautiful.

Angels, Memories and Stand My Ground are all on the album The Silent Force. So, you should give that album a listen.

• Like 1

This song is AMAZING! And it was a B-Side! A real fan favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7N2ko10vs

I've got to agree here. And the song gets better live! A real improvement. :)

Another song I live is A Dangerous Mind!

Replaying Mother Earth today.

My 20 year old cat Luna is being put down today, and I remember reading an article where Sharon said this album, especially the title track, was written in response to battling emotions she felt after losing her cat of about 20 years in death.

In short, I needed this. And I am so grateful it exists because it deals strongly with loss, life and renewal and it's a blessing.

This album just went straight to second place for me.

Replaying Mother Earth today.

My 20 year old cat Luna is being put down today, and I remember reading an article where Sharon said this album, especially the title track, was written in response to battling emotions she felt after losing her cat of about 20 years in death.

In short, I needed this. And I am so grateful it exists because it deals strongly with loss, life and renewal and it's a blessing.

This album just went straight to second place for me.

For Luna: :rose:

About the song: The video is obvious, but I didn't know the history behind the scenes.

Yes, life and renewal are great.