Star Wars is Overrated - and here's a dachshund video

HemiBeers

The ONLY movie I can think of that MIGHT NOT get any negative criticism on TRF is Shawshank Redemption. I wonder if we can find a list of say 5 movies that everyone likes. I doubt it.

Shawshank Redemption is good but my God, it nearly put me to sleep!

The three Star Wars Prequels are better!

LOL

Dude. Duuuuuude. You are clearly deranged!

• Like 2

The ONLY movie I can think of that MIGHT NOT get any negative criticism on TRF is Shawshank Redemption. I wonder if we can find a list of say 5 movies that everyone likes. I doubt it.

LOL

I thought Shawshank was woefully overrated.

Saw it recently and realised that I was simply too young to appreciate it first time around!

Marvellous film, and I love it as much as The Green Mile and Stand By Me, maybe even more

• Like 2

LOL

I thought Shawshank was woefully overrated.

Saw it recently and realised that I was simply too young to appreciate it first time around!

Marvellous film, and I love it as much as The Green Mile and Stand By Me, maybe even more

Yeah, those are both "A" grade flicks IMHO too. Saw Stand By Me for the billionth time just last month. "Lard ass!" :LOL:

• Like 1

I have a confession...

...I've never seen Star Wars...

I would be interested in what you think seeing them outside of childhood.

I hate them, but a friend of mine saw them only recently and loved them. But he is the only person I know who saw them either not as a kid, or not as a parent with fan kids, who even slightly tolerated it.

• Like 1

Star Wars is childish nonsense with gibberish for dialogue.

It's a cool idea for a universe, stupidly brought to story form. Episode VII is pretty good, though.

Give me V, VII, IV and I. You can have the rest.

1? I'll take 4, 5, 7, 3 and most of 6.

It's a cool idea for a universe, stupidly brought to story form. Episode VII is pretty good, though.

1?

My son loves it. And I learned to appreciate it more as 2 & 3 got to taking themselves so seriously. That really turned me off the franchise.

1?

My son loves it.

He's what, about 8? So he's given a pass. :D

• Like 1

1?

My son loves it.

You love it too! You love the mumbo jumbo!

1?

My son loves it.

I like kids movies that are for kids. When kids' stuff takes itself too seriously, I find it hard to enjoy. The super dark Batman movies...über violent fairy tale films...heavy-handed Star Wars prequels.

I enjoyed the pod-racing...and Watto...and the droid army. Amidala's costumes were cool, too. That's more than I enjoyed out of 2 & 3.

OK, so today I went to see The Force Awakens, as a friend had a spare ticket so it was for free.

My verdict: bored...bored...little less bored...OK its getting better...ooooh the ending was surprisingly poignant, and I don't know why I care so much!

So, I actually had a fairly good time watching it! It didn't change my view on Star Wars, but at the same time as a movie in its own right, it was a lot better than I had been expecting, so it gets a slight pass.

5/10

I might actually try the series again. Just for fun with my friends, who knows?!

But I cannot say I hate the entire series, as I truly did find aspects of the latest installment to be more fun than expected.

• Like 2

OK, so today I went to see The Force Awakens, as a friend had a spare ticket so it was for free.

My verdict: bored...bored...little less bored...OK its getting better...ooooh the ending was surprisingly poignant, and I don't know why I care so much!

So, I actually had a fairly good time watching it! It didn't change my view on Star Wars, but at the same time as a movie in its own right, it was a lot better than I had been expecting, so it gets a slight pass.

5/10

I might actually try the series again. Just for fun with my friends, who knows?!

But I cannot say I hate the entire series, as I truly did find aspects of the latest installment to be more fun than expected.

Cool. Seeing it with friends helps. At the very least, you're hanging out with friends. Actually, I expected part VII to be below average due to the prequels. Glad it surprised me in the positive way.

And you've just inspired me to give Lord of the Rings another shot. I fell asleep on 2 or 3 separate viewings of part 1, only saw a few minutes of part 2 (what I saw seemed decent though), and thought part 3 dragged at various parts so I kept walking out of the room.

• Like 1

1?

My son loves it.

I like kids movies that are for kids. When kids' stuff takes itself too seriously, I find it hard to enjoy. The super dark Batman movies...über violent fairy tale films...heavy-handed Star Wars prequels.

Super dark Batman movies aren't good examples of "kid's stuff" though. Those early comics are more mystery/noir/detective stuff than 60s camp "kid's stuff" with Adam West. Then there's the darker Batman comics of the 80s & 90s. So if you thought Nolan was too serious with Batman, he certainly wasn't the first. Batman WAS serious in the late 30s, early 40s, and then some. That's how he started.

Definitely agree with you on the "kid's stuff taking itself too seriously" with Star Wars parts II & III though. Can't help you with Phantom Menace. I hate that movie a lot.

• Like 1

5/10

Cool. Seeing it with friends helps. At the very least, you're hanging out with friends. Actually, I expected part VII to be below average due to the prequels. Glad it surprised me in the positive way.

And you've just inspired me to give Lord of the Rings another shot. I fell asleep on 2 or 3 separate viewings of part 1, only saw a few minutes of part 2 (what I saw seemed decent though), and thought part 3 dragged at various parts so I kept walking out of the room.

I love those films! Took many viewings to appreciate, they are more like serious movies though than typical blockbusters. Beautiful!

5/10

I love those films! Took many viewings to appreciate, they are more like serious movies though than typical blockbusters. Beautiful!

The "Lord Of The Cock Rings" are a waste of time! Talk about boring! Holy Cow!!!!

I would rather type about something more thrilling!

I found a Moving Pictures Tour Book today for 16 bucks at my used record store! It's mint and the crossword puzzle is not used!!!

Potter > Star Wars > Super Heroes

:LOL:

I'd put it in the opposite direction.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kAg0P2cbEPA/TNxGTwiwqWI/AAAAAAAAAgE/wgB2b3NcxRc/s1600/darth-vader-reading-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows.jpg
  • Like 3

5/10

The first three are great. The Hobbit films I did not enjoy much at all.
  • Like 1

I watched 20 minutes of Episode 7 the other night then fell asleep. It was YAWN....That good

Man who else loves Chinese websites with bootlegs?

• Like 1