Star Wars is Overrated - and here's a dachshund video

HemiBeers

A New Hope is a huge and blatant marketing scheme and that's the #2 reason I'm not seeing it.

(The #1 reason is I don't care)

How was it a marketing scheme when everyone involved was convinced that it would flop and be out of the theatres within a week? You are referring to the original Star Wars from 1977, correct?

Oops, I was referring to The Force Awakens. Got the titles mixed up. :blush:

No True Fan™

Transformers entertained me more than Star Wars because I went into it knowing it was rubbish, and finding it to be all I expected.

I went into Star Wars thinking it was going to be a movie wonder. Instead I wasted my money on a film series so bad I actually found a franchise I like less than Transformers.

Potter > Star Wars > Super Heroes

:LOL:

I'd put it in the opposite direction. Besides, they're all superheroes: Thor, Luke, Harry, Cap, Yoda, Hermione, etc....hell, Sam Jackson is twice a superhero: Jedi & SHIELD agent

Where would you put the Transformers?

:laughing guy:

p.s. My daughter adores them. Recessive gene?

Transformers...hmm...the original Transformers cartoon (there have been many incarnations) is the only thing worth anything IMHO. The 21st century films are awful. I've seen parts 1 & 2 and fell asleep during 3. I'd give part 1 a "D". This puts it on par with Attack of the Clones. Transformers part 2 is worse than any Star Wars prequel, even Phantom Menace. I hate Shia Lebouf on top of all of that. He's like a living, breathing Jar Jar Binks. Idiotic & goofy.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Transformers entertained me more than Star Wars because I went into it knowing it was rubbish, and finding it to be all I expected.

I went into Star Wars thinking it was going to be a movie wonder. Instead I wasted my money on a film series so bad I actually found a franchise I like less than Transformers.

Sounds like you're partly to blame since you had it built up to be something much greater.

I can understand your first sentence though, I just disagree with Transformers as an example. My example: I expected Tremors to be trashy fun. It was. However, I didn't expect anything from Transformers 2 other than vibrantly colored robots & explosions. But it was far stupider than I could've possibly imagined. That mum eating the pot brownies couldn't have been more idiotic.

• Like 2

Sounds like you're partly to blame since you had it built up to be something much greater.

I can understand your first sentence though, I just disagree with Transformers as an example. My example: I expected Tremors to be trashy fun. It was. However, I didn't expect anything from Transformers 2 other than vibrantly colored robots & explosions. But it was far stupider than I could've possibly imagined. That mum eating the pot brownies couldn't have been more idiotic.

My expectations going into Star Wars was not high. It never excited me. But when I read in a magazine that it was some mega amazing thing I bought it, and honestly, I thought I had purchased something fake.

Tried again, with friends, hate it. On every level it fails. It sucks.

I grew up with Indiana Jones, Jaws, Logan's Run, The Time Machine (the original), and lots of other sci fi classics of the fifties-eighties. I grew up to love adventure, fantasy and science fiction. Star Wars has all of these elements, and fails to captivate me on any level, from any angle.

Transformers is loud, brash and full of dumb jokes. I bought the first one. I still have it. As for Star Wars, I threw that crap out years ago, and will probably never try it again (if I have kids, I probably would let them watch it, as it seems to me that they are the right age to catch the Star Wars bug).

Edited by Segue Myles

My expectations going into Star Wars was not high. It never excited me. But when I read in a magazine that it was some mega amazing thing I bought it, and honestly, I thought I had purchased something fake.

I grew up with Indiana Jones, Jaws, Logan's Run, The Time Machine (the original), and lots of other sci fi classics of the fifties-eighties. I grew up to love adventure, fantasy and science fiction. Star Wars has all of these elements, and fails to captivate me on any level, from any angle.

Transformers is loud, brash and full of dumb jokes. I bought the first one. I still have it. As for Star Wars, I threw that crap out years ago, and will probably never try it again (if I have kids, I probably would let them watch it, as it seems to me that they are the right age to catch the Star Wars bug).

You first said, "I went into Star Wars thinking it was going to be a movie wonder." Now you're saying, "My expectations going into Star Wars was not high." Sounds contradictory.

In any case, you tried to watch it and you thought it was crap. So yeah, no need to watch it again.

You're much more forgiving with Transformers than I am. You say "loud & brash", I'd go with "annoying & mindless". Same ballpark though I think.

• Like 1

You first said, "I went into Star Wars thinking it was going to be a movie wonder." Now you're saying, "My expectations going into Star Wars was not high." Sounds contradictory.

In any case, you tried to watch it and you thought it was crap. So yeah, no need to watch it again.

You're much more forgiving with Transformers than I am. You say "loud & brash", I'd go with "annoying & mindless". Same ballpark though I think.

Just because I didn't have high expectations does not mean I wasn't expecting it to live up to its hype!

I bought it because the article piqued my interest. I thought I had nothing to lose, possibly much to gain.

It stunk.

I expected something special (even if it was something I respected, more than enjoyed, which is how I feel about many "classics", hence my high expectations, but reasonable preconceptions regarding the potential of my enjoyment), and got nothing.

It wasn't like I bought the box set, ran home excitedly and impatiently slammed it in the machine and watched. I bought it, played it...and found it to be absolute suckage.

Anyway, I have had enough talking about all this rubbish. I am not going to argue with another Star Wars fan. You have every right to love it, and honestly, I am not someone with hard feelings against the franchise.

I think it sucks, but I know many people who I greatly respect and like who think much of my taste sucks, so yeah...enjoy!

And I think Transformers is rubbish, but I enjoyed Star Wars a lot less. I am only coming across as kind towards it because I hate Stars Wars even more.
  • Like 1

http://www.starwarssite.txt.cz/obrazky/250px-Yoda.jpg

Breathe slowly in and out you should.

I do find him cute. It's annoying me big time that just looking at this picture makes me want to watch them again.

Mr. Blaze, if I do and I end up becoming a raging fanboy, I will hunt you down and sit on your face til you are dead.

Lolsies

What's wrong with being childish? It's a lot more fun than being a boring adult.

This. Better to have fun than turn into some old fogie. I'm 48, own my life and support my family well. With that I hope I never stop thinking like a kid. I'll never 'grow up'.

Live and let live.

Oh yeah - Star Wars is awesome.

Wait! Stop!

I just got divorced because of this! I still love to listen to RUSH, play my drums, watch all of my favorite sports teams, drink beer, BBQ, party and have a good time.

She turned 40 two years ago and transformed into a boring adult!

My woman would travel the country with me to see Rush and a plethora of other bands. She never said "NO EARL I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYMORE!" How was I to know?

Anyway as it is Christmas night and I am alone right now drinking beer and cranking "EXIT STAGE LEFT!" I will never fukking grow up either.

So FUKK IT.

As for the Prequels they are terrible but my big Grinch heart loves them for what they are.

I don't give a fukk Blaze.

I love Ray Parks as Darth Maul.

"Star Wars" is not overrated. It's Legend. Just like RUSH.

Even they put out a few stinkers.

Get over it people.

No one in the entertainment biz is perfect.

None of us are either.

So shut the fukk up and have a Merry Christmas.

I got a Darth Vader toaster for Xmas.

Perfect! My ex wife is taking out 200 dollar toaster.

Fukk me.

• Like 1

I do find him cute. It's annoying me big time that just looking at this picture makes me want to watch them again.

Mr. Blaze, if I do and I end up becoming a raging fanboy, I will hunt you down and sit on your face til you are dead.

Lolsies

Noooooo...

You don't need to watch them again. You tried already. No need to torture yourself.

BUT if you DO watch them again and enjoy them, sit on Earl's face. He's a much much bigger fan than I am.

• Like 2

Lolsies

Noooooo...

You don't need to watch them again. You tried already. No need to torture yourself.

BUT if you DO watch them again and enjoy them, sit on Earl's face. He's a much much bigger fan than I am.

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

• Like 1

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

I'm sorry Earl Star Wars is garbage and even Obi Wan Kenobi thought so. When Guiness saw the latest pages of the script he said "Oh God I'm so sick of the mumbo jumbo!" :LOL: Burn your Star Wars collection Earl, do it now and save yourself from the mumbo jumbo! :smoke:

• Like 1

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

I'm sorry Earl Star Wars is garbage and even Obi Wan Kenobi thought so. When Guiness saw the latest pages of the script he said "Oh God I'm so sick of the mumbo jumbo!" :LOL: Burn your Star Wars collection Earl, do it now and save yourself from the mumbo jumbo! :smoke:

I know my friend! Alec hated doing the first Star Wars film! Lucas is a genius but he can't write a script to save his life, yet Disney gave him 14 billion dollars.

Alec reminds me of Robert Reed, Mike Brady of course. Mike would always rip the scripts apart and hated the plot of every episode.

That's why Reed was not in the final episode of the Brady Bunch. HE WAS DONE!!! It was the one with the hair tonic that turned bunnies and Greg's hair orange.

Horrible.

So I get it Pat, but I love STAR WHORES.

I can't help it. I grew up with it when I was 9.

The Farce I mean Force is in my blood.

• Like 1

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

I know my friend! Alec hated doing the first Star Wars film! Lucas is a genius but he can't write a script to save his life, yet Disney gave him 14 billion dollars.

Alec reminds me of Robert Reed, Mike Brady of course. Mike would always rip the scripts apart and hated the plot of every episode.

That's why Reed was not in the final episode of the Brady Bunch. HE WAS DONE!!! It was the one with the hair tonic that turned bunnies and Greg's hair orange.

Horrible.

:16ton: It's ok Earl we all have our vices! :16ton:

• Like 1

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Horrible.

The ONLY movie I can think of that MIGHT NOT get any negative criticism on TRF is Shawshank Redemption. I wonder if we can find a list of say 5 movies that everyone likes. I doubt it.

• Like 1

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Horrible.

Hahaha! So I can change this post moment into a metal one!!! "VICES!" That is by the Pete Way band WAYSTED!!!!! Good record buddy.

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Horrible.

The ONLY movie I can think of that MIGHT NOT get any negative criticism on TRF is Shawshank Redemption. I wonder if we can find a list of say 5 movies that everyone likes. I doubt it.

Shawshank Redemption is good but my God, it nearly put me to sleep!

The three Star Wars Prequels are better!

LOL

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Well, an actor's opinion is not a good enough reason. Keanu thought Matrix was awesome and I thought it was balls. In these cases, the only opinion that matters is your own.

If you think a movie is crap, then it IS. If you think it's genius, then it IS.

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Well, an actor's opinion is not a good enough reason. Keanu thought Matrix was awesome and I thought it was balls. In these cases, the only opinion that matters is your own.

If you think a movie is crap, then it IS. If you think it's genius, then it IS.

It's crap! :codger: <<<< Guiness: I'm sick of the mumbo jumbo!

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Horrible.

LOL

I read the book well before the film came out. It's actually called Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. It's only a short story though.

Lolsies

Noooooo...

HAHAHAHA!

You STARWARSFUKKER!

EPIC!!!!!!

Horrible.

LOL

You're on acid.

Watching Phantom Menace made me feel like Andy Dufresne crawling through the 5 football field length pipe of raw sewage. Watching Phantom again would've been like being brutally beaten by Shawshank's Captain Byron Hadley (played by Clancy Brown). . :LOL:

• Like 2