Why we don't love synth era Rush

laughedatbytime

What I love about the Synth era, is that it's truly progressive rock - they were progressing - also that they never did it to be more commercially viable, they did it because they wanted to.

That being said the only two Synth era albums I like are GUP and Presto. *glares menacingly at HYF and PW in the corner*

I never thought Presto was synth era. Its certainly not prog. I call it their MOR trilogy with Bones and CP.

Yeah, I didn't really mean it as prog rock in the actual meaning of the word, like 2112 and Hemispheres were, rather that they were changing their music rather than stagnating, literally progressing.

More like regressing.

I gotta agree there. The Big Money... Never again :(

All the shit on HYF and Presto and you focus on The Big Money? It would be the best song on Presto.

What I love about the Synth era, is that it's truly progressive rock - they were progressing - also that they never did it to be more commercially viable, they did it because they wanted to.

That being said the only two Synth era albums I like are GUP and Presto. *glares menacingly at HYF and PW in the corner*

I never thought Presto was synth era. Its certainly not prog. I call it their MOR trilogy with Bones and CP.

Yeah, I didn't really mean it as prog rock in the actual meaning of the word, like 2112 and Hemispheres were, rather that they were changing their music rather than stagnating, literally progressing.

More like regressing.

I gotta agree there. The Big Money... Never again :(

All the shit on HYF and Presto and you focus on The Big Money? It would be the best song on Presto.

I mean, as much as that group of 3 are my least favorite Rush albums, The Pass is still one of my favorite songs by them. The Big Money is very very bad.

The Pass is great but Big Money? come on dude.

The Big Money is the Subdivisions of Power Windows, a great song. Presto is definitely The Synth Era.

...who are you people??? :eh:

• Like 1

The Big Money is the Subdivisions of Power Windows, a great song. Presto is definitely The Synth Era.

What. Now you are going to try to convince me that Permanent Waves is a 70's album.

What. Now you are going to try to convince me that Permanent Waves is a 70's album.

What? You aren't trying to tell us that it isn't, are you?

• Like 1

What? You aren't trying to tell us that it isn't, are you?

How did this guy slip through the cracks??? I thought we properly educated everyone on this already.

The synth era is just not as good as the guitar era. The guitar era was like hot sex with a hot girl. The synth era was like pulling out halfway through hot sex with a hot girl and kicking her out. Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

The synth era is just not as good as the guitar era. The guitar era was like hot sex with a hot girl. The synth era is like sex with a nice girl that is smart and sort of cute but really awkward in bed.

:LOL:

• Like 2

The synth era is just not as good as the guitar era. The guitar era was like hot sex with a hot girl. The synth era is like sex with a nice girl that is smart and sort of cute but really awkward in bed.

and for the perfect looking girl thats just a cold dead fish there is Counterparts. ;)

Yeah this I can agree with, regardless of gender.

• Like 2

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

That just about sums it up...

Subdivisions has synth.

So does Tom Sawyer.

Limelight.

The Spirit of Radio.

Xanadue.

So, you really don't like Rush at all then...??

• Like 1