The Official "THE FORCE AWAKENS" Thread: May The Force Of JJ Abrams Be With You! SPOILER ALERT!

RUSHHEAD666

Wow did somebody actually say Daisy Ridley was HOMELY????

Christ almighty she is cute / sexy / whatever as hell in this movie! Looks much better with no makeup, IMO. How many women can say that I'll bet?

And she kicks a ton of ass!! All of the new characters are great and can *gasp* ACTUALLY ACT.

She brings out my inner dirty old man!

:LOL:

Was it ever "inner"?

:LOL:

• Like 1

Just saw it an hour ago. I enjoyed it. I'm gonna have to get over the scene between Kylo and Han...

Rey's character is very cool.

Rey was great.

I honestly think that bringing Ford and Fisher back was a mistake. It would have worked better for me yo have had new actors play those characters...perhaps make them a generation older. Really was a distraction for me.

So instead of 30 years in the future you'd go 50 with a dead Han, a Leia in a home battling Alzheimer's, and a Luke immobilized by tendinitis and retiring from Jedi-ing to nurse Macallan's?

When did Luke become Neil Peart? :LOL:

Watching Revenge Of The Sith tonight! I LOVE IT!

Revenge of the Sith is watchable.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

...someone around here hates that. ;)

That's me! ((And others))

As it's been a decade, I'd have to watch Sith again. But from memory I give it a "C".

Just saw it an hour ago. I enjoyed it. I'm gonna have to get over the scene between Kylo and Han...

Rey was great.

I honestly think that bringing Ford and Fisher back was a mistake. It would have worked better for me yo have had new actors play those characters...perhaps make them a generation older. Really was a distraction for me.

So instead of 30 years in the future you'd go 50 with a dead Han, a Leia in a home battling Alzheimer's, and a Luke immobilized by tendinitis and retiring from Jedi-ing to nurse Macallan's?

When did Luke become Neil Peart? :LOL:

Watching Revenge Of The Sith tonight! I LOVE IT!

Revenge of the Sith is watchable.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

...someone around here hates that. ;)

That's me! ((And others))

As it's been a decade, I'd have to watch Sith again. But from memory I give it a "C".

HAHAHA!! Well I did watch it and it was watchable but man I LOVED IT!

Minus the stiff acting of course. Hayden was a perfect pick for the role. Far fetched lava planet battle but I loved it nonetheless!

Are we now grading the 7 films?

Ok cool.

Phantom Menace C-

Attack Of The Clones C

Revenge Of The Sith B+

A New Hope A

Empire Strikes Back A

Return Of The Jedi B+ (damn Ewoks)

The Force Awakens A

Ok cool.

Phantom Menace C-

Attack Of The Clones C

Revenge Of The Sith B+

A New Hope A

Empire Strikes Back A

The Force Awakens A

I graded the prequels somewhere in here already. But here's the entire series:

Phantom : F (i hate you George!)

Clones : D (I saw the DVD on sale for a mere $5 the other day and I still didn't buy it)

Sith : C (good parts & bad parts but mainly I didn't care about the characters and that's no good for Star Wars)

Original : A (first movie I remember watching at the cinema)

Empire : A+ (perfect mix of sci-fi & fantasy without any of the negative stuff from either genre)

Jedi : B+ (yes, the Ewoks + Fett being taken out accidentally + that ending music/shot at Ewok village brings this one down to mortal levels)

Force Awakens : A- (return to form! Probably going to check this out again in the theater sometime in the next few weeks).

There's only a difference of an "A" and an "A+" between the original & Empire for me but they seem much further apart. That's how much I like Empire. Same goes for Force with its "A-"...really good, fun movie but not in the same league as Empire IMHO.

• Like 1

I'd pay 20 bucks to watch Daisey Ridley water her damn plants for two hours

Awww...that's so sweet....!!

http://intouch.wunderweib.de/assets/field/image/daisy-ridley.jpg

;) ;)

Hope she's got a good personality because she's a bit homely.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/no.gif

• Like 1

Has anyone brought this up?

What if Rey and Ren are sister and brother?

What if she was born after Ren pulled his shenanigans at Jedi School, and she was sent away to keep him from finding out about her?

:scared:

• Like 1

What if she was born after Ren pulled his shenanigans at Jedi School, and she was sent away to keep him from finding out about her?

It's quite possible they were kept separate as Luke and Leia had been....and Rey was a backup plan if the new Jedi Academy took a shit, which apparently it did. It's also possible Leia had another child after she split with Han and never told anyone but Luke.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

It's also possible Leia had another child after she split with Han and never told anyone but Luke.

Perhaps after splitting with Han she had a child with Luke??? Hey different galaxy we don't know what their culture may accept or what taboos they have.

It's also possible Leia had another child after she split with Han and never told anyone but Luke.

Perhaps after splitting with Han she had a child with Luke??? Hey different galaxy we don't know what their culture may accept or what taboos they have.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/758963f1.gif

True. Maybe the outer rim is like Arkansas.

• Like 1

Hey Super Cooper!

Funny you should mention this.

I remember hearing years ago that Leia and Han had twin daughters. One turned to the dark side. The other one would train to be a Jedi to kill her sister.

So now it seems that this theory is correct. Just the gender of one sibling has changed.

• Like 1

Ok cool.

Phantom Menace C-

Attack Of The Clones C

Revenge Of The Sith B+

A New Hope A

Empire Strikes Back A

The Force Awakens A

I graded the prequels somewhere in here already. But here's the entire series:

Phantom : F (i hate you George!)

Clones : D (I saw the DVD on sale for a mere $5 the other day and I still didn't buy it)

Sith : C (good parts & bad parts but mainly I didn't care about the characters and that's no good for Star Wars)

Original : A (first movie I remember watching at the cinema)

Empire : A+ (perfect mix of sci-fi & fantasy without any of the negative stuff from either genre)

Jedi : B+ (yes, the Ewoks + Fett being taken out accidentally + that ending music/shot at Ewok village brings this one down to mortal levels)

Force Awakens : A- (return to form! Probably going to check this out again in the theater sometime in the next few weeks).

There's only a difference of an "A" and an "A+" between the original & Empire for me but they seem much further apart. That's how much I like Empire. Same goes for Force with its "A-"...really good, fun movie but not in the same league as Empire IMHO.

I like your grades dude. I understand your hatred for George on PM but for me Darth Maul saves the film and I know you hate that character too!

• Like 1

I also like that Ren is undisciplined because of youth and inexperience and look forward to seeing what training is like on the dark side.

My biggest gripe is dipping into the Death Star well again, this time with an immobile planet. I was able to forgive Battlestar Galactica for the same silliness in 1978 but JJ should be smarter in 2015.

Doing something like the death star again makes perfect sense actually. Kylo wants so much to be like Vader, why wouldn't he create his own version of the death star.

so was this new Base built to surpass everything.

But it doesn't. Being built on an immobile planet how may worlds are really threatened? It seems pretty easy to defend against.

My 9yo son would like to know why anyone would essentially recreate a design that was easily destroyed twice already by small craft. I have no answer for him.

The second one wasn't defeated by a design flaw, and the people from the first 2 aren't the same as for this one, which they thought would have the first strike capability to destroy the Resistance fleet (and they were largely right). Also, the 3rd's "flaw" was a necessity due to the nature of the weapon: everyone knows that you can't contain a star without a thermal oscillator! Duh!

So, I'll just tell him that evil is stupid? OK.

Rey was great.

Pretty much. :LOL:

I also like that Ren is undisciplined because of youth and inexperience and look forward to seeing what training is like on the dark side.

My biggest gripe is dipping into the Death Star well again, this time with an immobile planet. I was able to forgive Battlestar Galactica for the same silliness in 1978 but JJ should be smarter in 2015.

Doing something like the death star again makes perfect sense actually. Kylo wants so much to be like Vader, why wouldn't he create his own version of the death star.

But it doesn't. Being built on an immobile planet how may worlds are really threatened? It seems pretty easy to defend against.

My 9yo son would like to know why anyone would essentially recreate a design that was easily destroyed twice already by small craft. I have no answer for him.

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ford-pinto.jpg

There were over 3 million Ford Pintos produced over a ten year run.

It performed within the mission parameters set for it marvelously. This immobile Death Star Planet not so much.

A Pinto didn't blow up every single time. Just occasionally.

Ford Pinto Design Team > Evil Empire Design Team

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ford-pinto.jpg

There were over 3 million Ford Pintos produced over a ten year run.

It performed within the mission parameters set for it marvelously. This immobile Death Star Planet not so much.

A Pinto didn't blow up every single time. Just occasionally.

Ford Pinto Design Team > Evil Empire Design Team

They kept producing that piece of shit. That's the point. A car "occasionally" blowing up is awful.

The second one wasn't defeated by a design flaw, and the people from the first 2 aren't the same as for this one, which they thought would have the first strike capability to destroy the Resistance fleet (and they were largely right). Also, the 3rd's "flaw" was a necessity due to the nature of the weapon: everyone knows that you can't contain a star without a thermal oscillator! Duh!

So, I'll just tell him that evil is stupid? OK.

Try this: The Emperor and the Empire's greatest weakness was their overconfidence (Luke said so). The First Order, which is the remnant of the Empire, didn't learn a thing from their past mistakes. The commanders of the first Death Star boasted that it was the "ultimate" in weaponry. They firmly believed that bigger is always better.

Well, they haven't changed a bit.....They're still arrogant, overconfident, and doomed to failure.

Edited by Principled Man

I just got home from seeing the movie. A few thoughts...

The Death Stars need guard rails. Why are there no/not enough guard rails?

Kylo Ren looks like the son of Keanu Reeves, not Han Solo.

The first Death Star sunk into the swamp. The second Death Star sunk into the swamp. The third Death Star caught on fire, fell over, and sunk into the swamp. Maybe they should consider building something else.

Why is Luke living on an island with no fresh water or resources? What is he eating?

Mark Hammill has a very high movie billing to minutes on screen ratio. I wonder how much he got paid considering he had no dialogue.

• Like 2

I just so the film and i enjoyed it Way More then any of the Prequels. it was a re-hash of A new Hope. Down to the rhythems of it. and i called lots of it, lol. But i felt the new Charaters were so well done and had Chemistry. aand Kylo Ren.........my new fav Antagonist. I so sympathised with him WAY more then Anakin/Vadar.

All in all

B+ from me.

Mick

• Like 4

http://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/Adam-Driver_CLAIMA20140227_0094_4.jpg

I was thinking David Schwimmer.

http://image.funscrape.com/images/d/david_schwimmer-10355.jpg

But I can see Keanu too.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Keanu-Reeves.jpg

• Like 1

Loved it. Saw it twice. Loved it both times. It's a great movie that makes up for every one of its possible shortcomings with a landslide of greatness. Totally reinvigorated my inner Star Wars nerd.
  • Like 3

http://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/Adam-Driver_CLAIMA20140227_0094_4.jpg

I was thinking David Schwimmer.

http://image.funscrape.com/images/d/david_schwimmer-10355.jpg

But I can see Keanu too.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Keanu-Reeves.jpg

He's the bastard child of David and Keanu!

• Like 3