The Official "THE FORCE AWAKENS" Thread: May The Force Of JJ Abrams Be With You! SPOILER ALERT!

RUSHHEAD666

Could Rey be the granddaughter of Obi Wan?

Or the illegitimate child of Han?

Rey did seem to have an instant connection with both Han and Leia, that's for sure. I've read about the Obi-Wan's granddaughter and I like that idea actually. How old is Rey in the story? Maybe 20? Which means she was born ten years after the events in Jedi. Does the math add up there? Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure that out.

Obi-Wan would had to have a relationship with someone while hidden away on Tatooine when he was watching Luke in secret. I suppose that's possible but that doesn't really seem like something he would do. Old Ben was too dedicated to the Jedi and their old ways to impregnate someone. Perhaps he had a kid through some artificial means?

Perhaps conceived like Anakin. No sperm donor needed.

I hope not. None of the shitty prequel ideas need repeating.

Those prequels really stink now that the Force Franchise is back on track! I want to watch Attack Of The Clones tonight but I'm not sure I want to waste my time.

The prequels were shit two weeks ago. They were shit 16 years ago. They'll always be shit! Force Awakens didn't change their shittiness in any way.

Blaze! You are so full of SHIT!!!! LOL!

They are all horrible at the end of the day. Only a few quality moments in each film.

I really hated how "Sith" ended with Vader acting like fukking Frankenstein. Tarkin stood up there with nothing to say. Just awful.

The lava scene was so fake and over the top fake.

I honestly can't remember "Attack Of The Clones" except for Jango Fett. I mean Jango Regret.

:LOL:

Oh man I hated that Darth scene where he's screaming "Nooooooo...." I swear it was like a Bugs Bunny episode without the intended comedy or fun.

• Like 1

Could Rey be the granddaughter of Obi Wan?

Or the illegitimate child of Han?

Rey did seem to have an instant connection with both Han and Leia, that's for sure. I've read about the Obi-Wan's granddaughter and I like that idea actually. How old is Rey in the story? Maybe 20? Which means she was born ten years after the events in Jedi. Does the math add up there? Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure that out.

Obi-Wan would had to have a relationship with someone while hidden away on Tatooine when he was watching Luke in secret. I suppose that's possible but that doesn't really seem like something he would do. Old Ben was too dedicated to the Jedi and their old ways to impregnate someone. Perhaps he had a kid through some artificial means?

Perhaps conceived like Anakin. No sperm donor needed.

I hope not. None of the shitty prequel ideas need repeating.

Those prequels really stink now that the Force Franchise is back on track! I want to watch Attack Of The Clones tonight but I'm not sure I want to waste my time.

The prequels were shit two weeks ago. They were shit 16 years ago. They'll always be shit! Force Awakens didn't change their shittiness in any way.

Blaze! You are so full of SHIT!!!! LOL!

They are all horrible at the end of the day. Only a few quality moments in each film.

I really hated how "Sith" ended with Vader acting like fukking Frankenstein. Tarkin stood up there with nothing to say. Just awful.

The lava scene was so fake and over the top fake.

I honestly can't remember "Attack Of The Clones" except for Jango Fett. I mean Jango Regret.

:LOL:

Oh man I hated that Darth scene where he's screaming "Nooooooo...." I swear it was like a Bugs Bunny episode without the intended comedy or fun.

HAHAHAHA!!!! I totally agree! OMG!!! It was so stupid. Yosemite Sam Vader.

The only bit I really disliked in the film was the whole sequence with the Rathtars - I felt it was irrelevant and could've been dropped. They could have used that running time to have some flashbacks to Ren's earlier life to give him greater context, maybe - I felt the character needed that once his lineage was revealed.

Apart from that, loved it. I just hope Ep VIII does something completely new with the story, rather than echo old storylines (seems to be a habit that JJ's getting into, what with this and Star Trek Into Darkness).

JJ Abrams is a talented hack. He is eager to please and for the most part he delivers. I haven't seen The Force Awakens and it concerns me that it seems to be a loose remake of Star Wars. But a lot of people I trust seem to sincerely love it. Anyway, Star Trek Into Darkness is a turd of a movie. It might be a good idea that JJ Abrams is not directing the next Star Wars movie.

• Like 1

The only bit I really disliked in the film was the whole sequence with the Rathtars - I felt it was irrelevant and could've been dropped. They could have used that running time to have some flashbacks to Ren's earlier life to give him greater context, maybe - I felt the character needed that once his lineage was revealed.

Apart from that, loved it. I just hope Ep VIII does something completely new with the story, rather than echo old storylines (seems to be a habit that JJ's getting into, what with this and Star Trek Into Darkness).

JJ Abrams is a talented hack. He is eager to please and for the most part he delivers. I haven't seen The Force Awakens and it concerns me that it seems to be a loose remake of Star Wars. But a lot of people I trust seem to sincerely love it. Anyway, Star Trek Into Darkness is a turd of a movie. It might be a good idea that JJ Abrams is not directing the next Star Wars movie.

Hahahaha! Well my friend I hope you still trust me!! Love you man!

Signed,

LADY GAGA

A HACK!

LOL!

AW!!!

I know!!

See my original post!!

It's "A New Hope 2.0!!"

I decided to watch Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes!

I mean Attack Of The Clones!

It's cheesy.

The acting is simply horrific.

But I adore it.

Again.

I'm a junkie.

I've been shooting Star Wars into my veins since 1977.

I mean even Rush has a few bad albums but they will be my number one band until I die.

AW!!!

I know!!

See my original post!!

It's "A New Hope 2.0!!"

I decided to watch Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes!

I mean Attack Of The Clones!

It's cheesy.

The acting is simply horrific.

But I adore it.

Again.

I'm a junkie.

I've been shooting Star Wars into my veins since 1977.

I mean even Rush has a few bad albums but they will be my number one band until I die.

I only seem to remember two things about Clones: Obi Wan on some water planet & Yoda doing somersaults in battle. Mainly, I was bored.

If you want to check out the Jango Fett actor doing something really good, check this out:

http://www.nzvideos.org/oncedvd.jpg

Raw. Tense. Tragic. Check it.

That looks bad ass buddy!! Thanks!!!

I don't know man.

I think the first 40 minutes of Menace is crapand then it's awesome!

The first 40 minutes of Clones is crap!!

But after that cool as a cloned cucumber!!

The romance scences with Anakin and Amidala are excellent!

Interesting how the whole idea of "disconnection" from emotional attachments is key in service, or blind service. It's like making someone an emotional eunuch. This is considered a prime trait in these endeavors, which in the end, are spiritual in nature.

IMO, the Jedi opposed selfish emotional attachments, such as marriage. The Jedi had no problems with emotional bonds, such as the brotherly relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Yoda and Obi-Wan were also quite fond of Padme. Any relationships that tempted the dark emotions - jealousy in particular - were deemed as dangerous, and rightfully so! The Jedi philosophy is very Buddhist in nature. Your selfish desires are the prime source of any pain and suffering you may experience.....or inflict on others.

• Like 1

Interesting how the whole idea of "disconnection" from emotional attachments is key in service, or blind service. It's like making someone an emotional eunuch. This is considered a prime trait in these endeavors, which in the end, are spiritual in nature.

IMO, the Jedi opposed selfish emotional attachments, such as marriage. The Jedi had no problems with emotional bonds, such as the brotherly relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Yoda and Obi-Wan were also quite fond of Padme. Any relationships that tempted the dark emotions - jealousy in particular - were deemed as dangerous, and rightfully so! The Jedi philosophy is very Buddhist in nature. Your selfish desires are the prime source of any pain and suffering you may experience.....or inflict on others.

Well, Lucas was strongly influenced by Kurosawa so the idea of Buddhism playing at least some part in the Star Wars mentality is highly likely.

http://www.openculture.com/2014/05/how-star-wars-borrowed-from-akira-kurosawas-great-samurai-films.html

• Like 1

I think Hayden is perfect.

Okay now you're really just stirring shit up.

Since you revisited these prequels, NOW what do you think of...

(1) annoying elementary school age Anakin?

(2) amphibian JarJar?

(3) red faced piece of thug meat Maul?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I also like that Ren is undisciplined because of youth and inexperience and look forward to seeing what training is like on the dark side.

My biggest gripe is dipping into the Death Star well again, this time with an immobile planet. I was able to forgive Battlestar Galactica for the same silliness in 1978 but JJ should be smarter in 2015.

Doing something like the death star again makes perfect sense actually. Kylo wants so much to be like Vader, why wouldn't he create his own version of the death star.

Redoing the death star doesn't bother me as much as using up the f***ing star!?! So now that hey used up their only source of light, they won't wither away and die in the cold vacuum of space? Plus, why did they need the entire star to destroy one planet? But other than that, I have no complaints

I also like that Ren is undisciplined because of youth and inexperience and look forward to seeing what training is like on the dark side.

My biggest gripe is dipping into the Death Star well again, this time with an immobile planet. I was able to forgive Battlestar Galactica for the same silliness in 1978 but JJ should be smarter in 2015.

Doing something like the death star again makes perfect sense actually. Kylo wants so much to be like Vader, why wouldn't he create his own version of the death star.

Redoing the death star doesn't bother me as much as using up the f***ing star!?! So now that hey used up their only source of light, they won't wither away and die in the cold vacuum of space? Plus, why did they need the entire star to destroy one planet? But other than that, I have no complaints

A simple change in dialogue would have fixed that. The Starkiller base draws energy from the star, but could never use up the entire star, which is million times as large and several million times as dense.

• Like 1

A simple change in dialogue would have fixed that. The Starkiller base draws energy from the star, but could never use up the entire star, which is million times as large and several million times as dense.

But in the movie, it literally sucked up the whole star, with the sky going dark and everything

Yeah...that's a fantastic point. This is Star Wars though. Remember Lando complaining about being a "sitting duck"? It doesn't have to make sense to be awesome in this universe.

Yeah...that's a fantastic point. This is Star Wars though. Remember Lando complaining about being a "sitting duck"? It doesn't have to make sense to be awesome in this universe.

I overlooked a lot but the "starsucker" kinda sucked me out for a moment. Still a solid 9/10, worth every penny and had me grinning from ear to ear throughout

• Like 1

Just saw it an hour ago. I enjoyed it. I'm gonna have to get over the scene between Kylo and Han...

Rey's character is very cool.

Rey was great.

I honestly think that bringing Ford and Fisher back was a mistake. It would have worked better for me yo have had new actors play those characters...perhaps make them a generation older. Really was a distraction for me.