The Official "THE FORCE AWAKENS" Thread: May The Force Of JJ Abrams Be With You! SPOILER ALERT!

RUSHHEAD666

I like all these new, young characters. Finn grounds this movie like Han did in the first one. No, I'm not saying he's as good as Ford or anything like that. But he seems like he provides that sense of cowboy with humor.

Finn's role in this story is a mystery. Does he have Force potential, or is he just the new version of Solo? We know that even though he was born and bred to be a killer, his innner character is Good. That's similar to Solo's smuggler-killer with a heart of gold. Regardless, Finn is an excellent character. He shows great fear, but shows courage when he needs it the most.

Well, since the force is everywhere and in all of us and all that, then yeah Finn has potential with it. And he's all those things you said here too. Most important, the actor (whoever he is) does a good job. All the actors in this AT LEAST do okay but many do very well (I'm thinking Rey & Finn specifically).

Oh, I hope in the next flick they don't pull some shit out of their ass and say that Finn is Lando Calrissian's son or nephew or (god please no) clone. It'd be awful like in the last Star Trek film when Benedict Cumberbatch revealed, "I am Khan." f**k you, no you're not. You're Benedict Cumberbatch!

Now that I've seen this, Star Wars movies are 4-3. Star Trek stands at 4-8.

Which are your 4 for SW? I think I prefer episode 3 to episode 7 personally so I am curious.

Original 3 + this one.

In another thread I graded the prequels like this...

Phantom: F

Clones: D

Revenge: C

None of those had any humor, took itself too seriously at times, was loaded with cheesedick scenes, and had some actors and characters I hated.

If you're curious, the only Trek movies I liked were Khan, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and the first reboot (though that seemed like a good homage but not Trek). The whale one had some good stuff but I never liked the saving humpback whales to save themselves idea. I didn't see the humanitarian bit that it was trying to pass itself off as. I saw the survivalist bit.

• Like 2

I like all these new, young characters. Finn grounds this movie like Han did in the first one. No, I'm not saying he's as good as Ford or anything like that. But he seems like he provides that sense of cowboy with humor.

Finn's role in this story is a mystery. Does he have Force potential, or is he just the new version of Solo? We know that even though he was born and bred to be a killer, his innner character is Good. That's similar to Solo's smuggler-killer with a heart of gold. Regardless, Finn is an excellent character. He shows great fear, but shows courage when he needs it the most.

Well, since the force is everywhere and in all of us and all that, then yeah Finn has potential with it. And he's all those things you said here too. Most important, the actor (whoever he is) does a good job. All the actors in this AT LEAST do okay but many do very well (I'm thinking Rey & Finn specifically).

Oh, I hope in the next flick they don't pull some shit out of their ass and say that Finn is Lando Calrissian's son or nephew or (god please no) clone. It'd be awful like in the last Star Trek film when Benedict Cumberbatch revealed, "I am Khan." f**k you, no you're not. You're Benedict Cumberbatch!

Which are your 4 for SW? I think I prefer episode 3 to episode 7 personally so I am curious.

Original 3 + this one.

None of those had any humor, took itself too seriously at times, was loaded with cheesedick scenes, and had some actors and characters I hated.

If you're curious, the only Trek movies I liked were Khan, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and the first reboot (though that seemed like a good homage but not Trek). The whale one had some good stuff but I never liked the saving humpback whales to save themselves idea. I didn't see the humanitarian bit that it was trying to pass itself off as. I saw the survivalist bit.

Hmmm. I would have to think about trek a bit to get it together. What did you think of insurrection? I enjoyed it. Unique story and twists. I enjoyed the idea of slowing down time as a metaphor for smelling the roses as it were. As far as Star Wars I give episode 1 a C, episode 2 an F (a really terrible movie) and episode 3 a B+. Ian mcdiarmid was amazing. I liked a lot of the story but need a stronger motivation to become a mass murderer than "I'm afraid my wife will die like in that dream I had."

Original 3 + this one.

Hmmm. I would have to think about trek a bit to get it together. What did you think of insurrection? I enjoyed it. Unique story and twists. I enjoyed the idea of slowing down time as a metaphor for smelling the roses as it were. As far as Star Wars I give episode 1 a C, episode 2 an F (a really terrible movie) and episode 3 a B+. Ian mcdiarmid was amazing. I liked a lot of the story but need a stronger motivation to become a mass murderer than "I'm afraid my wife will die like in that dream I had."

I vaguely remember Insurrection. But I remember at the time being disappointed but not as badly as I was with the Kirk Generations one.

Another thing I didn't like that I forgot about: Kylo Ren is set up as a dangerous dark side user that can stop blaster shots in mid air. He has a difficult time defeating 2 people who have no light saber experience in hand to hand combat.

Yes, this is one grievance I have.

We can spin it this way:

Finn is a Stormtrooper, and was trained since childhood to fight. As an "orphan" on Jaaku, Rey learned to defend herself quite well. She had to fight off rival scavangers and other nasty beings. She whipped those two goons from the junk dealer with ease. The two of them are no strangers to fighting.

Also, Kylo Ren may have mastered some elements of the Force, but he still has much to learn. He's not nearly as powerful or as sure of himself as Darth Vader was when he was at his peak. Vader would have killed Finn and Rey rather quickly.

• Like 1

Another thing I didn't like that I forgot about: Kylo Ren is set up as a dangerous dark side user that can stop blaster shots in mid air. He has a difficult time defeating 2 people who have no light saber experience in hand to hand combat.

We can spin it this way:

Finn is a Stormtrooper, and was trained since childhood to fight. As an "orphan" on Jaaku, Rey learned to defend herself quite well. She had to fight off rival scavangers and other nasty beings. She whipped those two goons from the junk dealer with ease. The two of them are no strangers to fighting.

Also, Kylo Ren may have mastered some elements of the Force, but he still has much to learn. He's not nearly as powerful or as sure of himself as Darth Vader was when he was at his peak. Vader would have killed Finn and Rey rather quickly.

We can assume a lot. What we know is that Finn was a janitor.

• Like 2

As far as Star Wars I give episode 1 a C, episode 2 an F (a really terrible movie) and episode 3 a B+. Ian mcdiarmid was amazing. I liked a lot of the story but need a stronger motivation to become a mass murderer than "I'm afraid my wife will die like in that dream I had."

Anakin's biggest dysfunction, IMO, was that he blamed the Jedi for everything that went wrong in his life (especially his mother's death). That anger caused him to become a mass-murderer.

As a teenager, he became so arrogant about his powers that he started blaming the Jedi for "holding him back". He thought he could become all-powerful, so when his mother died in his arms, he transferred his anger towards the Jedi (specifically Obi-Wan). Palpatine magnified that anger and distrust so much that he had Anakin believing everything he said about the Jedi. Padme's death just made it all worse. Anakin had no problem slaying the Jedi, as the only other choice was to blame himself for all his losses.

• Like 2

I'd pay 20 bucks to watch Daisey Ridley water her damn plants for two hours

Awww...that's so sweet....!!

http://intouch.wunderweib.de/assets/field/image/daisy-ridley.jpg

;) ;)

;) ;)

Hope she's got a good personality because she's a bit homely.

;) ;)

You're joking, right? I think she's gorgeous..... :wub: :wub:

• Like 3

;) ;)

Not really. I wasn't being mean, but she looks kind of goofy to me.

;) ;)

Wow. "Goofy" or "homely" aren't words I would've thought. I think "cute" or "pretty". And I wouldn't disagree with "gorgeous"

;) ;)

Wow. "Goofy" or "homely" aren't words I would've thought. I think "cute" or "pretty". And I wouldn't disagree with "gorgeous"

Well, each to their own. :)

She's adorable!

My God the acting in this film is top notch!

I love that British accent in Star Wars films!

The prequels suck but I still like them.

Darth Maul was the best thing from those CGI disasters.

Episode VII is A New Hope on steroids.

Blaze!

You were right again!

All of my bulkshit talk was a waste of time.

I think Ren is weak and a waste of time and I can't wait for Luke's daughter to fuckking slaughter Leia's son.

Hell I already thought she was going to destroy that wimp Ren Solo.

I also must say that I am not impressed with that lame ass evil CGI troll Harry Potter Stool Sample.

So 9/10

I was "Flying High Again" last night after I saw it

I'm too tired to read all of your comments but I caught yours Presto.

Amazing post.

Epic.

Just like Episode VII

Watching Empire tonight.

Yet another masterpiece.

I love Return also minus the Ewoks.

Oh well.

Budgets.

"I've got a bad feeling about this" is in IV and V too!

Star Wars and Rush forever!!

I am a nerd!

Who gives s fukk!

• Like 1

I didn't like it and I'm hesitant to post why here even though it says spoilers. I can't find instructions on how to post the spoiler text.

AW

You are breaking my little Jawa heart.

I think even the greatest cynics in Star Wars Land I mean Disneyland would at least enjoy this nostalgic ride into destiny.

Then again what do I know???

I'm just I hyperspeed freak on meth, booze, pills mushrooms and The Force.

I don't know anything.

I'm an idiot.

A loser.

A nerd.

I will never get laid again.

Thank Jabba The Slut!!!!

Boba Regert!

Carbonite Chamber Cupcakes!

I'm Comfortably Numb.

Signed

Pink Annoyed

Writing is an art form

I'm not too hard to figure out.

If you think I take drugs because you don't get my wit.

Well then

I really don't give a shit.

Episode VII is beyond a brilliant film.

Of course no Oscars.

Just Oscar the Fish

Admiral Ackbar

• Like 1

Who is going to kill Ren in Episode VIII?

1. General Leia

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Rey Skywalker

4. That stupid CGI Bald Harry Potter Villian in a big chair

I Think I'm Going Bald!!!

That stupid First Order creature feature is just pathetic.

Is Abrams sabataging the Star Wars Franchise by making the evil characters weak and cheesy?

Now I know why Star Trek sucks.

Well Abrams made that franchise better too.

Fukk

I'm "LOST"

Lol

One of my favorite Y&T songs too.

I bet you Prog Princes and Princesses have no clue to what I am typing about.

Good

I have The Force

Do you?

• Like 1

I didn't like it and I'm hesitant to post why here even though it says spoilers. I can't find instructions on how to post the spoiler text.

Try this: closed brackets [] [/], the word Spoiler in each bracket, write between them. Like this:

this is a spoiler

Who is going to kill Ren in Episode VIII?

1. General Leia

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Rey Skywalker

4. That stupid CGI Bald Harry Potter Villian in a big chair

I Think I'm Going Bald!!!

That stupid First Order creature feature is just pathetic.

Is Abrams sabataging the Star Wars Franchise by making the evil characters weak and cheesy?

Now I know why Star Trek sucks.

Well Abrams made that franchise better too.

Fukk

I'm "LOST"

Lol

One of my favorite Y&T songs too.

I bet you Prog Princes and Princesses have no clue to what I am typing about.

Good

I have The Force

Do you?

I have the fire

I have the force

I have the power

To make my evil take its course

• Like 1

AW

You are breaking my little Jawa heart.

I think even the greatest cynics in Star Wars Land I mean Disneyland would at least enjoy this nostalgic ride into destiny.

Then again what do I know???

I'm just I hyperspeed freak on meth, booze, pills mushrooms and The Force.

I don't know anything.

I'm an idiot.

A loser.

A nerd.

I will never get laid again.

Thank Jabba The Slut!!!!

Boba Regert!

Carbonite Chamber Cupcakes!

I'm Comfortably Numb.

Signed

Pink Annoyed

Writing is an art form

I'm not too hard to figure out.

If you think I take drugs because you don't get my wit.

Well then

I really don't give a shit.

Episode VII is beyond a brilliant film.

Of course no Oscars.

Just Oscar the Fish

Admiral Ackbar

I assumed I was going to like it going in. I'm definitely not a hater. I liked elements of it. It was the story rehash and certain plot points that go against what has been established in 6 previous movies that bother me. They promised a return to the original trilogy in attitude and look not a return to the original trilogy plot which is basically what we got.

We can spin it this way:

You're right: Rey "whipped two GOONS". GOONS. She IS strong with the force but has never been trained.

- Finn refused to gun down civilians in his first battle. Prior to that he was a janitor. Besides, since when has a Stormtrooper been worth a shit (until now)?! They might be able to hit the side of the Millennium Falcon but I wouldn't trust any of them to take on someone trained in the force for anything longer than a split second.

- Kylo Ren is strong with the force, has received some training without a doubt, can stop blasters in mid motion for several minutes then have them resume speed, AND took out ALL of Luke's apprentice Jedis BEFORE these events. Yet he had trouble (and was defeated) by Finn & Rey?...yeah, that's at least a little hard to swallow.

- Really though, I can't find any other things to nitpick (unless you count Adam Driver reminding me of David Schwimmer who I dislike...but Driver isn't bad) so this one gets at least a "B+" from me, likely an "A-".

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

She's adorable!

My God the acting in this film is top notch!

I love that British accent in Star Wars films!

The prequels suck but I still like them.

Darth Maul was the best thing from those CGI disasters.

Episode VII is A New Hope on steroids.

Blaze!

You were right again!

All of my bulkshit talk was a waste of time.

I think Ren is weak and a waste of time and I can't wait for Luke's daughter to fuckking slaughter Leia's son.

Hell I already thought she was going to destroy that wimp Ren Solo.

I also must say that I am not impressed with that lame ass evil CGI troll Harry Potter Stool Sample.

So 9/10

I was "Flying High Again" last night after I saw it

I'm too tired to read all of your comments but I caught yours Presto.

Amazing post.

Epic.

Just like Episode VII

Watching Empire tonight.

Yet another masterpiece.

I love Return also minus the Ewoks.

Oh well.

Budgets.

"I've got a bad feeling about this" is in IV and V too!

Star Wars and Rush forever!!

I am a nerd!

Who gives s fukk!

Who gives a f**k? You do Earl ! I do! Everyone reading this! That's why we're here! We give a f**k! Well, at least a little.

Onwards...

That's the refreshing part about Kylo Ren. He's not some broad shouldered, dark lord with an intimidating James Earl Jones voice OR some acrobatic, horned warrior with a double ended light saber. Much of the time Ren doesn't get what he wants, throws a tantrum then destroys the room like some aggressive teen with some power but little discipline. That's great! He was way more interesting than the hop skip and jumping red-faced toad Ray Parks. None of the original films needed athletes to create dramatic light saber duels. Phantom Menace got their athlete but it didn't matter. The movie was a sweaty, swampy, sack of balls. Just thinking about it makes mine a little swampy and itchy! I can forget that Adam Driver reminds me of the crappy David Schwimmer because the character Ren is interesting AND Driver does a decent job.

"I've got a bad feeling about this"...quite the opposite. I've got a good feeling about this. A really good feeling. :blaze:

• Like 1