The Official "THE FORCE AWAKENS" Thread: May The Force Of JJ Abrams Be With You! SPOILER ALERT!

RUSHHEAD666

I've seen it 4 times so far, it really gets better the more you watch it. Remember, it's been 10 years. It's a lot harder to just jump into something with wild abandon. It was like this when TPM came out in 99 too. Unfortuantely The Prequels pretty much fell on everything, where this does not. There's a reason it's gonna knock Titanic and Avatar off, because it's good.

That, plus tickets cost 3 times a much nowadays.

Virtually the same price now as when Avatar came out.

Haha, this guy's review basically mirrors my thoughts in the movie (NSFW profanity)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmj1y7boXnY

I don't play video games because it's a waste of time and rots your fukking brain.

I would rather walk 6 miles while listening Rush then play a fukking video game.

I am sure "Battlefront" is shite.

Alas I will never grow up. I can't wait for VIII.

Video game rot your brain but movies are ok? I think you may be suffering some brain rot.

Haha, this guy's review basically mirrors my thoughts in the movie (NSFW profanity)...

I just watched the first 2 minutes or so, but the guy has no idea what he's talking about. His points:

1. No one likes Star Wars Battlefront.

Firstly, who cares?

Secondly, every reviewer either gave the game a mixed or a positive review. If you're going to make a non-sequitur, try not to make it the opposite of the truth.

2. The comedy is for kids.

No, the comedy in episodes I, II, III were to kids...and not bright ones either. The comedy in VII was for all ages. If this naked, swearing imbecile weren't too afraid to go out in public, he would have heard the entire theater laughing at certain jokes, something that I don't remember happening once in the prequel trilogy.

3. It ruined what was Star Wars.

No, this was a return to the Star Wars of the original trilogy. If Lucas were in charge we'd have had more CGI, more cartoonishly bad dialogue, more fart jokes (and other jokes stolen from Full House), and no sense that the world of Episode VII was even related to the world of the original trilogy.

• Like 3

I just watched the first 2 minutes or so, but the guy has no idea what he's talking about. His points:

1. No one likes Star Wars Battlefront.

Firstly, who cares?

Secondly, every reviewer either gave the game a mixed or a positive review. If you're going to make a non-sequitur, try not to make it the opposite of the truth.

2. The comedy is for kids.

No, the comedy in episodes I, II, III were to kids...and not bright ones either. The comedy in VII was for all ages. If this naked, swearing imbecile weren't too afraid to go out in public, he would have heard the entire theater laughing at certain jokes, something that I don't remember happening once in the prequel trilogy.

3. It ruined what was Star Wars.

No, this was a return to the Star Wars of the original trilogy. If Lucas were in charge we'd have had more CGI, more cartoonishly bad dialogue, more fart jokes (and other jokes stolen from Full House), and no sense that the world of Episode VII was even related to the world of the original trilogy.

BOOM!

I don't play video games because it's a waste of time and rots your fukking brain.

I would rather walk 6 miles while listening Rush then play a fukking video game.

I am sure "Battlefront" is shite.

Alas I will never grow up. I can't wait for VIII.

Video game rot your brain but movies are ok? I think you may be suffering some brain rot.

Yep. I'm a movie addict. When I was born my IQ was at a stellar 141. Today as I type this mumbo jumbo it's at 72. Sucks being nimble minded. I don't even love Rush anymore. Their music is too complex for my brain.

Just came back from seeing it for the first time, and I loved every second, from the crawl to the look on Skywalker's face at the end. The director has taken every single thing that Lucas f***ed about Star Wars and has completely unfucked it.

The movie was pure fun - great action, great lines and great delivery, and everything that was visually feast-y and different about the 70s movies (I consider Empire to be a 70s movie . . .)

Some favorite moments:

- sloppy take off of the Falcon

- Han greasing a stormtrooper without even looking at him

- just about every Chewbacca moment, especially when he's getting tended to by the nurse on the resistance base

- great, vicious, powerful lightsabre fights without all the goddamned flips and somersaults

• Like 2

Just came back from seeing it for the first time, and I loved every second, from the crawl to the look on Skywalker's face at the end. The director has taken every single thing that Lucas f***ed about Star Wars and has completely unfucked it.

The movie was pure fun - great action, great lines and great delivery, and everything that was visually feast-y and different about the 70s movies (I consider Empire to be a 70s movie . . .)

Some favorite moments:

- just about every Chewbacca moment, especially when he's getting tended to by the nurse on the resistance base

- great, vicious, powerful lightsabre fights without all the goddamned flips and somersaults

F an A, yeah!

• Like 2

Some favorite moments:

F an A, yeah!

:yes:

Some favorite moments:

BB-8 giving Finn the "OK" sign....with his mini-torch......:LOL:

Finn: "How did you get those things on board?"

Solo: "I used to have a bigger crew."

:ebert: :ebert:

• Like 2

I've watched the official trailers before I went to see it in the theatres. Edited by Derek19