The Official "THE FORCE AWAKENS" Thread: May The Force Of JJ Abrams Be With You! SPOILER ALERT!

RUSHHEAD666

Just saw it for the 2nd time. It was GREAT AGAIN!! Daisy Ridley impressed me even more with her spectacular performance.

Waiting not-so-patiently for the Blu-ray to be released.....

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Second time around you see more shtuff...the detail is phenomenal.

I listened closely for the voices in Rey's first Force vision, but I could barely make out anything. My hearing is not as good as it used to be. I did hear Alec Guinness' voice, though.

All the technical criticisms that have been debated here were non-existent to me. The Starkiller Base was more plausible to me this time. It could have used singularity or warp field technology to consume an entire star's energy and hold it in its core......and then fire upon a planet via hyperspace. This is science FICTION, as we all know..... :)

Kylo Ren was wounded and emotionally spent when he fought Finn and Rey. It made perfect sense, at least to me, that he had a bit of trouble fighting Finn. He was pounding on himself to stay focused; I missed this subtle little part the first time. Rey was brilliant as she intinctively used the Jedi tactic of calming herself and focusing her new power - against the Stormtrooper guard and especially when fighting Ren.

The periods of silence were more profound this time as well. The non-verbal interactions between Rey and Ren, Leia and Han, Han and Ren, Leia and Rey, and finally betweeen Luke and Rey. It's definitely a change from the talky films of the original triolgy. A GOOD change!

Wow!

You nailed it.

Just saw it for the 2nd time. It was GREAT AGAIN!! Daisy Ridley impressed me even more with her spectacular performance.

He shoots...he scores!

Excellent observations my man.

I listened closely for the voices in Rey's first Force vision, but I could barely make out anything. My hearing is not as good as it used to be. I did hear Alec Guinness' voice, though.

All the technical criticisms that have been debated here were non-existent to me. The Starkiller Base was more plausible to me this time. It could have used singularity or warp field technology to consume an entire star's energy and hold it in its core......and then fire upon a planet via hyperspace. This is science FICTION, as we all know..... :)

Kylo Ren was wounded and emotionally spent when he fought Finn and Rey. It made perfect sense, at least to me, that he had a bit of trouble fighting Finn. He was pounding on himself to stay focused; I missed this subtle little part the first time. Rey was brilliant as she intinctively used the Jedi tactic of calming herself and focusing her new power - against the Stormtrooper guard and especially when fighting Ren.

The periods of silence were more profound this time as well. The non-verbal interactions between Rey and Ren, Leia and Han, Han and Ren, Leia and Rey, and finally betweeen Luke and Rey. It's definitely a change from the talky films of the original triolgy. A GOOD change!

Excellent observations my man. Snailed it!
  • Like 1

A good summary of Lucas being a bitch:

http://io9.gizmodo.c...-abo-1750464055

One of Lucas' comments presciently describes the big flaw with the film:

"I never got to be blown away by the big ship coming over the thing, or anything. But this time I’m going to be, because I have no idea what they’re doing."

Sorry George, the first scene was identical to ANH, with a big ship coming over the thing.

Were you hoping for a pre-teen driving a convertible off a cliff with background music provided by the Beasties? I was kind of thinking it was going to happen but I'm glad it didn't.

No....

Actually, yes! That would have been pretty cool.

So I suppose the license plate on that convertible would be THX 138?

Signed,

"Physical Graffiti"

And in the passenger seat would be Howard the Duck.

Hahahaha! One of the biggest flops in the galaxy.

That being said:

George Lucas Says Marvel May ‘Redo’ ‘Howard the Duck’ Movie

And in that article he states, "The thing about art is that it's based on technology." That's where his mind is. And that's why his prequels were dick.

Howard the Duck in a movie...again? Well, put him in a post-credits Guardians of the Galaxy scene again...this time in a short 1-2 minute humorous clip with Rocket Raccoon & Groot. I'd be okay with that.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

He shoots...he scores!

Excellent observations my man.

Excellent observations my man. Snailed it!

Hahahahaha!!!

"I never got to be blown away by the big ship coming over the thing, or anything. But this time I’m going to be, because I have no idea what they’re doing."

Sorry George, the first scene was identical to ANH, with a big ship coming over the thing.

Were you hoping for a pre-teen driving a convertible off a cliff with background music provided by the Beasties? I was kind of thinking it was going to happen but I'm glad it didn't.

No....

Signed,

"Physical Graffiti"

That being said:

And in that article he states, "The thing about art is that it's based on technology." That's where his mind is. And that's why his prequels were dick.

Howard the Duck in a movie...again? Well, put him in a post-credits Guardians of the Galaxy flick again...this time in a short 1-2 minute humorous clip with Rocket Raccoon & Groot. I'd be okay with that.

II liked Guardians!!

Especially the soundtrack!

• Like 1

No....

Signed,

"Physical Graffiti"

That being said:

Howard the Duck in a movie...again? Well, put him in a post-credits Guardians of the Galaxy flick again...this time in a short 1-2 minute humorous clip with Rocket Raccoon & Groot. I'd be okay with that.

II liked Guardians!!

I had some problems with the film adaptations of some of the characters but otherwise I liked it too. Yeah, the soundtrack was fitting and good.

• Like 1

Howard the Duck in a movie...again? Well, put him in a post-credits Guardians of the Galaxy scene again...this time in a short 1-2 minute humorous clip with Rocket Raccoon & Groot. I'd be okay with that.

I'd pay full theater fees to watch Rocket and Drax KILL AND EAT Howard........:yes:

• Like 1

No....

Signed,

"Physical Graffiti"

That being said:

II liked Guardians!!

I had some problems with the film adaptations of some of the characters but otherwise I liked it too. Yeah, the soundtrack was fitting and good.

I agree with you on the film adaptations. Heck yes! The soundtrack RAWKS!!

I'd pay full theater fees to watch Rocket and Drax KILL AND EAT Howard........:yes:

THAT in itself would be a doable gag. That is, eating A duck and Howard walking in on it.

When it comes down to it I'd rather have NO Howard. But if he were to reappear I'd likely only be able to tolerate a short sketch with 1 or 2 other Marvel characters...and preferably Rocket.

THAT in itself would be a doable gag. That is, eating A duck and Howard walking in on it.

When it comes down to it I'd rather have NO Howard. But if he were to reappear I'd likely only be able to tolerate a short sketch with 1 or 2 other Marvel characters...and preferably Rocket.

I'd rather have Daffy Duck starring as "Duck Dodgers in the 24 & 1/2 Century" than Howard the Duck..... :LOL:

• Like 1

I'd pay full theater fees to watch Rocket and Drax KILL AND EAT Howard........ :yes:

I'd rather have Daffy Duck starring as "Duck Dodgers in the 24 & 1/2 Century" than Howard the Duck..... :LOL:

Now that is "DUCKING" FUNNY!

• Like 1

I'd pay full theater fees to watch Rocket and Drax KILL AND EAT Howard........ :yes:

I just googled Howard The Duck Remake!

Ron Howard is going to direct the picture!

Haha, this guy's review basically mirrors my thoughts in the movie (NSFW profanity)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmj1y7boXnY

Hahaha! That guy is hilarious and makes many good points but he is like a broken record!! FUKK!

I thought I had a swearing problem!!!!

The last Indian Jones was ruined!!!!!!

I don't agree with Episode VII being a failure. I will stand by my comments. I love the film and even I thought it was going to be destroyed by Disney.

"The Force Awakens" toys are pure JUNK! Chinese SHITE!

Disney is putting in STAR WARS LAND in all of their parks! It is a STAR WHORES PARADE!

My 18 year old daughter HATES KYLO REN! She does have a point. So does the funny lunatic above.

I don't play video games because it's a waste of time and rots your fukking brain.

I would rather walk 6 miles while listening Rush then play a fukking video game.

I am sure "Battlefront" is shite.

Alas I will never grow up. I can't wait for VIII.

My suspension of disbelief was shattered when the son of Han and Leia looked like Marilyn Manson. :LOL: Sorry but there's no way in any kind of real life scenario he would look like that.

My suspension of disbelief was shattered when the son of Han and Leia looked like Marilyn Manson. :LOL: Sorry but there's no way in any kind of real life scenario he would look like that.

What should he have looked like? :huh:

I just googled Howard The Duck Remake!

Ron Howard is going to direct the picture!

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

If not, then this is a big time rumor that you read. With movies and shows, Marvel has their plate full through 2019. Howard directing Howard...yeah, I'm thinking it's not only a rumor but also a joke. At the very least, he doesn't even fit stylistically.

http://www.celebritycd.com/harrisonford/harrison17.jpg

25773_Carrie-Fisher-movie-actress.jpg

http://fsi.imeg.cz/img/37881.jpg

Yeah, I'm not saying he looks like either one, but there are friends & acquaintances I know that look nothing like their parents. And much more dissimilar than what you see here.

Star Wars mailman? Maybe...but it's not like the casting directing was saying Finn was the natural born son of Han & Leia. ;)

.....but it's not like the casting directing was saying Finn was the natural born son of Han & Leia. ;)

Obviously, Finn is the bastard son of Leia and LANDO. Why do you think Chewbacca was so hostile towards him at first?

Kylo Ren looks like the son of Keanu Reeves, not Han Solo.

http://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/Adam-Driver_CLAIMA20140227_0094_4.jpg

I was thinking David Schwimmer.

http://image.funscrape.com/images/d/david_schwimmer-10355.jpg

But I can see Keanu too.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Keanu-Reeves.jpg

Kylo Ren not looking anything like his parents was one of the big things I did not like about the movie.

• Like 1

Kylo Ren looks like the son of Keanu Reeves, not Han Solo.

http://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/Adam-Driver_CLAIMA20140227_0094_4.jpg

I was thinking David Schwimmer.

http://image.funscrape.com/images/d/david_schwimmer-10355.jpg

But I can see Keanu too.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Keanu-Reeves.jpg

Kylo Ren not looking anything like his parents was one of the big things I did not like about the movie.

So if Keanu had been Han it would've been alright, yeah? "Whoa, Chewie" and all that. ;)

I've seen it 4 times so far, it really gets better the more you watch it. Remember, it's been 10 years. It's a lot harder to just jump into something with wild abandon. It was like this when TPM came out in 99 too. Unfortuantely The Prequels pretty much fell on everything, where this does not. There's a reason it's gonna knock Titanic and Avatar off, because it's good.

That, plus tickets cost 3 times a much nowadays.

http://www.celebritycd.com/harrisonford/harrison17.jpg

25773_Carrie-Fisher-movie-actress.jpg

http://fsi.imeg.cz/img/37881.jpg

Yeah, I'm not saying he looks like either one, but there are friends & acquaintances I know that look nothing like their parents. And much more dissimilar than what you see here.

Star Wars mailman? Maybe...but it's not like the casting directing was saying Finn was the natural born son of Han & Leia. ;)

Maybe Han beat him as a child, thus disfiguring his face. Would explain a lot.

• Like 1

More like the two of them. Brown hair, shorter and less Italian. He just wasn't believable as their son.