Favourite Rock Instrument

x1yyz

Favourite Rock Instrument  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite rock musical instrument?

I voted Bass. To me it's the foundation. I listen to the bass above all else. There is nothing like going to a live concert and feeling the bass penetrate the inside of ones body, haha.

so....'fat bottom end'....'penetrate'....me thinks there's some other type of attraction going on.
  • Like 1

I voted Bass. To me it's the foundation. I listen to the bass above all else. There is nothing like going to a live concert and feeling the bass penetrate the inside of ones body, haha.

so....'fat bottom end'....'penetrate'....me thinks there's some other type of attraction going on.

:blush: :LOL:

I think you're the one fascinated by phallic symbolism. ;)

Those weren't my words, just my interpretation of them. :coy:

Those weren't my words, just my interpretation of them. :coy:

Ah, so you're channeling the phallic god? ;)

I noticed the same choice of words, but I wasn't gonna say anything about it. ;)

Guitar.

But for many bands, its the voice.

And the voice is an instrument if you are Jon Anderson, Cristina Scabbia, Anekke Van Giersbergen or Mike Patton.

Mike Patton... Nice choice.

Bass for me, but I'm a bass player, so I'm biased as Hell. :fury:

• Like 4

Love all sorts of instrumentals and jams. Picked keyboards. Nothing beats somebody working a Hammond B-3 for all it's worth. Loves me some synthesizers and Mellotrons, too.

"Ever wonder why a guitar is shaped the way it is" is an old guitarist's joke. Right up there with "I'd like to play an old Chinese melody called Tu Ning."

My fave is definitely the bass! You gotta love that nice, fat bottom end.

Treeduck, you got a picture for us ?

Oh no, please don't encourage him!

...talk about mudflaps, my girl's got em

:LOL: Classic!

As a drummer who plays a lot of bass and guitar and a bit of keyboards I have to go with guitars because they are the difference maker. Rock and Roll is all about the guitar. There are whole video game franchises based around guitars. There are chain stores built around selling guitars. Sure they sell basses, drums and keyboards too but the place is called Guitar Center. Sure it began as a keyboard place but once the Beatles showed up they became Guitar Center. The Beatles set the standard with 2 guitars, bass and drums.

Guitars above all else are the root of rock and roll.