Black Forest on CD

YYZumbi

Holy shit I bet it's MP3 sourced. Lolololol. How much does anyone wanna bet that it's MP3 sourced? Anyone? Any Takers?

C'mon I can go all night. I've got a $100 right here.

What does it mean if it is? I'm not very savvy about stuff like this, that's why I'm asking.

Bad Cat Records

Does that say United Russian Federation under it?

Yep, and the address on the right reads St. Petersburg.

So these are bootlegs that are being marketed out of Russia for a profit?

I think so, looks like you got nailed Zumbi.

Just compared the artwork to the original one from Bumblebee. Pretty obvious that it's a Russian fake.

I really enjoy it, and I love it. So I don´t care.

But you already had it.

Not on CD

But you could have burnt it onto CD and have a product just as good as what you paid all that money for.

You guys will never understand this....

I am a collector!!!

I understand it, and you certainly have a right to buy whatever merchandise you want to, without getting any grief from your fellows here on TRF.

I was the same way about purchasing things like that, when I was your age. :codger:

Admittedly, that was before the internet age, and I'm perfectly happy now to just burn a CD from the digital files on my computer.

But as long as you enjoy having it, that's the only thing that should matter.

It's a brilliant gig, and a wonderful recording!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Wow, what a waste of money and he is even proud of it (or just doesn't wanna admit the fail?). Someone has too much money, I guess. If I were him, I would report it to Amazon and try to get my money back quickly. After all it's illegal to sell bootlegs and Amazon has buyer protection. 30 bucks is expensive even if it was factory pressed and lossless sourced, which it most likely is not. Not even worth 5 bucks.
  • Like 4

Wow, what a waste of money and he is even proud of it (or just doesn't wanna admit the fail?). Someone has too much money, I guess. If I were him, I would report it to Amazon and try to get my money back quickly. After all it's illegal to sell bootlegs and Amazon has buyer protection. 30 bucks is expensive even if it was factory pressed and lossless sourced, which it most likely is not. Not even worth 5 bucks.

I'm sure the seller is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

At least you understand.

How could anyone read this thread and think we are just getting down on him? Why we are upset is

1) he was ripped off royally. Maybe he doesn't care. Maybe he is independently wealthy. Who knows?

2) whoever is doing this has a lot of nerve making money off of something on which it is explicitly stated, several times, that it is solely for free trade and not for sale or profit.

• Like 2

Even if you are lazy or incapable to burn a cd and print covers yourself, there are sites that can do it for you, like this one: https://www.discmakers.com For only 5 bucks/cd! And I'm betting the quality is better than from the Russians too.

@Lorraine: Yeah, I rather find it sad. Not only to get so ripped off, but also to support Russian criminals and don't even care but actually be happy about it!....

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

At least you understand.

How could anyone read this thread and think we are just getting down on him? Why we are upset is

1) he was ripped off royally. Maybe he doesn't care. Maybe he is independently wealthy. Who knows?

2) whoever is doing this has a lot of nerve making money off of something on which it is explicitly stated, several times, that it is solely for free trade and not for sale or profit.

I understand the "not to be sold" requests on all these roio's but we as consumers and producers of freely traded shows have no moral high ground. We are doing something that many artists do not like and copyright owners absolutely detest.

I can see spending a few bucks on a silver pressed cd as cds are superior to cd-r's, but no more than say $10-$15 for a double disc.

Pre-internet torrenting I purchased silver cd boots, but no more, but that's my choice.

I remember a time, some hundred moons ago, when I bought really everything that had a Rush stamp on it. Maybe I was that same age as Zumbi is now, and therefore I can't blame him.

He's a Rush maniac, through and through.

:cheers: Zumbi

• Like 3

Interestingly, the amazon page now says "Currently Unavailable"

Apparently, this was put out by Tachika Records ( Japan ) and the description states "Japanese pressing silver 2 CD-R set that comes packaged in a mini LP gatefold sleeve."

I looked up Tachika Records, and it is, obviously, a bootleg label

The issue I would have with this is similar to the issue I have with any music in which the artist is not compensated - the difference here is that the fan is actually paying money for this, albeit to someone other than the artist ..

I would like to hear a side by side comparison between the Black Forest silver CD and a CD burned from, say, you tube ..

Ultimately, Rush should just put all this out officially

Artist's rights and compensation is the only issue I have here, but they should put these things out with the best quality possible ...

I am sure that if Rush officially released this show, Zumbi would be the first to buy it - and by no means is that a bad thing, he's a fantastic fan, and any band would kill to have all their fans as dedicated as Zumbi

If Rush can put out garbage like Bobbleheads and ugly leather jackets and ridiculously expensive books of the crappy album covers, they should be able to put out what the fans REALLY want - more music

Some of these shows are definitely good enough to consider putting out ... Esp that 1980 Manchester Apollo show we know they recorded

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Bad Cat Records

Does that say United Russian Federation under it?

Yep, and the address on the right reads St. Petersburg.

So these are bootlegs that are being marketed out of Russia for a profit?

I think so, looks like you got nailed Zumbi.

Just compared the artwork to the original one from Bumblebee. Pretty obvious that it's a Russian fake.

I really enjoy it, and I love it. So I don´t care.

But you already had it.

Not on CD

But you could have burnt it onto CD and have a product just as good as what you paid all that money for.

You guys will never understand this....

I am a collector!!!

I understand it, and you certainly have a right to buy whatever merchandise you want to, without getting any grief from your fellows here on TRF.

I was the same way about purchasing things like that, when I was your age. :codger:

Admittedly, that was before the internet age, and I'm perfectly happy now to just burn a CD from the digital files on my computer.

But as long as you enjoy having it, that's the only thing that should matter.

It's a brilliant gig, and a wonderful recording!

Thank you!

Du ar valkommen! :)

Edited by Blue J

I'm not trying to take a high moral ground at all.

He got ripped off.

I agree he got ripped off but if someone wants a hard copy of a readily and freely available show - well it's a free country.

that's the part that sounded a bit self righteous. No insult intended . It's just those "Made for Fans by Fans - Never to Be Sold" statements are a bit much. I agree with the sentiment, it's just that they aren't in a position to make demands, regardless of their high-minded intentions.

He got ripped off.

I agree he got ripped off but if someone wants a hard copy of a readily and freely available show - well it's a free country.

that's the part that sounded a bit self righteous. No insult intended . It's just those "Made for Fans by Fans - Never to Be Sold" statements are a bit much. I agree with the sentiment, it's just that they aren't in a position to make demands, regardless of their high-minded intentions.

Take it up with them, not me. I didn't write the script.

I remember a time, some hundred moons ago, when I bought really everything that had a Rush stamp on it. Maybe I was that same age as Zumbi is now, and therefore I can't blame him.

He's a Rush maniac, through and through.

:cheers: Zumbi

Thank you! What can I say? I love Rush, and there is no official Hemispheres live albums.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

Interestingly, the amazon page now says "Currently Unavailable"

Apparently, this was put out by Tachika Records ( Japan ) and the description states "Japanese pressing silver 2 CD-R set that comes packaged in a mini LP gatefold sleeve."

I looked up Tachika Records, and it is, obviously, a bootleg label

The issue I would have with this is similar to the issue I have with any music in which the artist is not compensated - the difference here is that the fan is actually paying money for this, albeit to someone other than the artist ..

I would like to hear a side by side comparison between the Black Forest silver CD and a CD burned from, say, you tube ..

Ultimately, Rush should just put all this out officially

Artist's rights and compensation is the only issue I have here, but they should put these things out with the best quality possible ...

I am sure that if Rush officially released this show, Zumbi would be the first to buy it - and by no means is that a bad thing, he's a fantastic fan, and any band would kill to have all their fans as dedicated as Zumbi

If Rush can put out garbage like Bobbleheads and ugly leather jackets and ridiculously expensive books of the crappy album covers, they should be able to put out what the fans REALLY want - more music

Some of these shows are definitely good enough to consider putting out ... Esp that 1980 Manchester Apollo show we know they recorded

That is true, if Rush released a official live album, even the same one as this bootleg, then I would buy it again! Right away!

• Like 1

He got ripped off.

well you were the one "upset" I was just rying to explain to you why perhaps you shouldn't be upset. Anyway this is now a retarded topic, I'm out

He got ripped off.

well you were the one "upset" I was just rying to explain to you why perhaps you shouldn't be upset. Anyway this is now a retarded topic, I'm out

Stay classy.

• Like 1

I ordered this Rush bootleg a few weeks ago. And today I finally got it! The famous Hemispheres bootleg Black Forest!

Does it not look great? :)

http://i.imgur.com/Rn4wfHf.jpg

(oh, and you can also see a bit of my R40 Live box set there :P )

Where did you order this from? Do you think you could give me a link for that?

I ordered this Rush bootleg a few weeks ago. And today I finally got it! The famous Hemispheres bootleg Black Forest!

I found it on Amazon.com. But it was only one. It said out of stock for months and I looked time to time, and then finally there was one in stock, so I bought it right away! :)

I found it on Amazon.com. But it was only one. It said out of stock for months and I looked time to time, and then finally there was one in stock, so I bought it right away! :)

Thanks, but they don,t have it-------Oh well

Shouldn't the art be available at Digital Rush Experience? I think it used to be, but that was a very long time ago.

(IF these were wav files pressed on a silver CD with full glossy art AND I didn't already have it, I'd pay $25 or $30 for it)