Black Forest on CD

YYZumbi

Maybe it's one of the original CD bootlegs that was in circulation before the internet?

What did you pay for it, Zumbi?

I payed 30 dollars + shipping

30 dollars?????????????????????????????

He lives in Sweden...everything is extortionately expensive there.

I bought it on amazon.com

It just doesn't seem right paying for a bootleg.

In this day and age, I agree- but to each his own.

If you want a physical copy, with the artwork and all, that's fine- but it will cost a decent amount. And then there's the principle of the whole transaction, which is what we're all talking about.

I worked in record shops in the early '90s, before the internet age, and the bootlegs we sold were usually $25 for a single disc- $50 for a two-disc set. Some of the three-disc sets were a veritable bargain, at $60! :P

• Like 2

Zumbi, please don't take this the wrong way. I know you love Rush and want to own everything offered concerning them, but I really think you got ripped off. I doubt that what you spent a lot of money on is any better or different than what many of us have on a hard drive or burned to a cd.
  • Like 3

This is from the notes for that particular bootleg. Apparently, the person who is trying to make money off of this bootleg neglected to read this:

As with all Digital Reproductions recordings, they are available for free-trade or blank media trades only. If someone tries to sell it to you, you are being ripped off as any one of many Rush traders will gladly do it for free.

And this:

Despite all the controversy over the setlist, this is a great show, period! The venue info has been updated to be Stadhalle in Offenbach, a small town just outside of Frankfurt. Geddy greets Frankfurt, but it's like calling Auburn Hills, Michigan...Detroit. The only negative point about this show is Geddy's vocals is shifted to the left channel. The origin of this show is quite convoluted and probably cannot be confirmed...nor denied. Enjoy this wonderful Rush. Do NOT pay money for a copy of this show, it is available via free trade. Contact the Webmaster for my email and I will personally see that you get a copy via a trade. (2000-03-01)
  • Like 2

Zumbi, please don't take this the wrong way. I know you love Rush and want to own everything offered concerning them, but I really think you got ripped off. I doubt that what you spent a lot of money on is any better or different than what many of us have on a hard drive or burned to a cd.

Plus I got the download of this show from Zumbi, last year
  • Like 3

Plus I got the download of this show from Zumbi, last year

I know he already has them all because he got the bootleg hard drive earlier this year.

The only thing I can think is that he thought this was a special cd being offered for sale.

Question for the OP, is this a factory pressed cd ( a silver) or cdr? Reason I ask is that originally I think this was a Digital Reproductions set, so I'm curious to know if someone made a pressing, and is it recent or made a few years back?

Questions questions questions

I dont know.... :wtf:

you don't know if it's a silver cd or a cdr? wtf indeed

well if you're in the market for live Rush cd-r's I can sell you a whole truckload

Edited by taurus
  • Like 1

My point in posting all of that is that the person who did it had to know what he/she was doing was wrong.

I agree. Anyone that sells a bootleg knows that they're doing something wrong whether it's printed on it somewhere or not. The bands music is theirs, it doesn't belong to someone who records it or rips it off of the Internet and sells it.

• Like 1

Zumbi, if you have a chance, could you post the setlist that is on your CD ?

Disc one:

1. Anthem

2. A Passage To Bangkok

3. By-Tor And The Snow Dog

4. Xanadu

5. Something For Nothing

6. The Trees

7. Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage

8. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

9. Closer To The Heart

Disc Two:

1. A Farewell To Kings

2. La Villa Strangiato

3. 2112

4. Working Man

5. Bastille Day

6. In The Mood

7. Drum Solo

• Like 1

Bad Cat Records

Does that say United Russian Federation under it?

Yep, and the address on the right reads St. Petersburg.