I'll get slammed for this. alexs bad hairpiece?

JohnRogers

I often use to wonder, how important alexs hair was to him, seems like alex had the best chick hair. Then alex did the Flock of seagulls thing. Sometime after test for echoed people mentioned a bad hairpiece but that didn't make sense. Alex always looked so good and with all his money he could probably afford william shatners guy. Who does excellent work. Still alexs hair looks to natural to be a rug. Are some people just jealous of alex and want to tear him down by claiming it's a topé?
  • Like 3

It certainly looks a hell of a lot better than Donald Trump's :laughing guy:

Since Donald Trump onced owned a sports franchise ESPN should do a 30 for 30 on Trump's hair.

*no politics in this thread we want Narps back.

• Like 7

Since Donald Trump onced owned a sports franchise ESPN should do a 30 for 30 on Trump's hair.

BC is such a clown

BC is such a clown

:moon:

• Like 3

BC is such a clown

BC is such a loosa that I'm gonna put a wall around Iowa
  • Like 2

BC is such a clown

BC is such a loosa that I'm gonna put a wall around Iowa

And Cutler be damned if I'm gonna pay for it!

*no more of this in the main forum

• Like 2

He had transplants years ago. 90's/2000's. They didn't stick. He still had a bald spot and you could see the man made line of hair on top. Looks like he's been wearing a piece for a good while now.

I heard from a guy that has met Alex that he's had a hair transplant. So it's not a toupee.

I hope that they improved their technique. I knew a man in 1974 that had one of those. Looked really gross. But I'm sure back in those days hair transplants had yet to be perfected. The man that I am talking about in 1974 was no light-weight either - he could afford to go to the best so the fact that it looked so repulsive had nothing to do with not being able to afford the best at the time to do it.

I heard from a guy that has met Alex that he's had a hair transplant. So it's not a toupee.

I hope that they improved their technique. I knew a man in 1974 that had one of those. Looked really gross. But I'm sure back in those days hair transplants had yet to be perfected. The man that I am talking about in 1974 was no light-weight either - he could afford to go to the best so the fact that it looked so repulsive had nothing to do with not being able to afford the best at the time to do it.

Certainly after that amount of time a lot of things have improved.

Yes, the hairline looks like a transplant (and a pretty good one, as those go). But he apparently uses a piece for the top of his dome, since whether there's hair there or not in recent years seems to vary from film clip to film clip.

Geddy said in one interview that Alex was very concerned about hair loss when he was young, and they used to rib him about it because he had a full head of hair, but later when he really was losing hair it didn't bother him so much.

I remember seeing a CNN interview with Alex filmed hours before one of their Atlanta Time Machine shows (circa 2011), and when he looked straight at the camera he appeared to have a full head of hair, due to the transplanted bangs. But when he'd occasionally look down momentarily it was clear the top of his head was hairless ala Friar Tuck.

But later in concert (which I was at) the top of his head was covered with hair.

So it appears he has had some work done in the front (the bangs) but uses a wig for the top of his head when performing.

Niel's dashiki appears to be an alternate solution to concealing hair loss.

Geddy appears however to have maintained a natural full head of hair, proving that the best solution to male pattern baldness is simply to not lose your hair in the first place.

Edited by rftag

Yes, the hairline looks like a transplant. But he apparently uses a piece for the top of his dome, since whether there's hair there or not seems to vary from film clip to film clip.

Geddy said in one interview that Alex was very concerned about hair loss when he was young, and they used to rib him about it because he had a full head of hair, but later when he really was losing hair it didn't bother him so much.

I remember seeing a CNN interview with Alex filmed hours before one of their Atlanta Time Machine shows (circa 2011), and when he looked straight at the camera he appeared to have a full head of hair, due to the transplanted bangs. But when he'd occasionally look down momentarily it was clear the top of his head was hairless ala Friar Tuck.

But later in concert (which I was at) 8th top of his head was covered with hair.

So it appears he has had some work done in the front (the bangs) but uses a wig for the top of his head when performing.

Niel's dashiki appears to be an alternate solution to concealing hair loss.

Geddy appears however to have maintained a natural full head of hair, proving that the best solution to male pattern baldness is simply to not lose your hair in the first place.

Geddy has been losing hair from the front of his head for quite a while so it's not as noticeable.

Geddy has been losing hair from the front of his head for quite a while so it's not as noticeable.

Yeah, so long as a guy's still got most of his hair - maybe just receding in the front a little - keeping it long like Geddy does also tends to mask the receding/thinning.

Yeah, so long as a guy's still got most of his hair - maybe just receding in the front a little - keeping it long like Geddy does also tends to mask the receding/thinning.

I'm just glad he never cut his hair short.

• Like 2

I'm just glad he never cut his hair short.

I can't even imagine...