Geddy Solo Tour Setlist/Basses

Starman2113

As we all know Geddy recently said he'd like to do another solo album. He's also talked about how he likes to tour and wants to do more touring. So with both of those facts in mind, lets guess what songs (Rush songs anyway) he'd perform in a solo tour, and on top of that which basses do you think he'd use on each song?

If Geddy does do another solo album then tour, i kind of hope he does very very few or zero Rush songs. "Solo" is just that. Not Rush. At most, I'd hope for maybe just 1-2 songs at the end OR as part of the encore. I think YYZ wouldn't be out of the question though...or any Rush tune that was solely Geddy written.
  • Like 1

It is time to bring out a very special guest .. Some of you might recognize him, as this is not the first time we have shared the stage ... Ladies and gentlemen, Mister Alex Lifeson .......

. . this is a song called Different Strings . . .

Edited by Lucas

I was always curious to find out what a Geddy solo tour setlist would be like. With just one album under his belt he would have to bring out one or two Rush tunes and cover songs (The Who? The Beatles? Hendrix?). If another album is released now, he´ll have 20-odd songs to choose from, so I imagine there will be less room for covers.

It is time to bring out a very special guest .. Some of you might recognize him, as this is not the first time we have shared the stage ... Ladies and gentlemen, Mister Alex Lifeson .......

. . this is a song called Different Strings . . .

I can imagine that in the encore/towards the end but it's hard to imagine Lifeson sitting around watching Geddy until it's time for him to play 1-3 songs.

I very much doubt if Geddy did a solo tour, it would be the same 3 hour productions we are used too with Rush. I'd guess it'd be more likely 1.5hrs and likely be smaller theatres and/or big clubs rather than arenas - because Geddy on his own isn't going to have the same budget as a full blown Rush production.

Bearing that in mind, I would say that the touring bass collection would be reasonable small, and that the Rush content would be fairly minimal, perhaps limited to a song or two. I can't see him wheeling Lerxst out for one or two songs - Alex would be playing guitar for the entire show, or not playing it at all, most likely the latter.

What wouldn't surprise me is if Geddy and Alex were to play a few tunes occasionally at Lerxst's bar in Toronto. I believe that The Orbit Room frequently has live music...

• Like 1

I very much doubt if Geddy did a solo tour, it would be the same 3 hour productions we are used too with Rush. I'd guess it'd be more likely 1.5hrs and likely be smaller theatres and/or big clubs rather than arenas - because Geddy on his own isn't going to have the same budget as a full blown Rush production.

Bearing that in mind, I would say that the touring bass collection would be reasonable small, and that the Rush content would be fairly minimal, perhaps limited to a song or two. I can't see him wheeling Lerxst out for one or two songs - Alex would be playing guitar for the entire show, or not playing it at all, most likely the latter.

What wouldn't surprise me is if Geddy and Alex were to play a few tunes occasionally at Lerxst's bar in Toronto. I believe that The Orbit Room frequently has live music...

Yup. That's where my thoughts are too. A search on the nets would find Geddy & Alex playing at the Orbit Room for some birthday/anniversary maybe 4-6 years ago (?). Can't remember exactly. A couple of Rush tunes can be found.

• Like 1

Yup. That's where my thoughts are too. A search on the nets would find Geddy & Alex playing at the Orbit Room for some birthday/anniversary maybe 4-6 years ago (?). Can't remember exactly. A couple of Rush tunes can be found.

I found videos of Alex playing some Rush & The Who about 5 years ago.

This picture is from about 1999

4894a39f1e2981fc7eaf7815f4c14a06.jpg

• Like 1

I found videos of Alex playing some Rush & The Who about 5 years ago.

This picture is from about 1999

4894a39f1e2981fc7eaf7815f4c14a06.jpg

Cool. Never saw that pic.

I think a Geddy solo tour (if it happens at all) would be just that. No Alex. Can't imagine Alex following Geddy around North America for Geddy's 1.5-2 hour set JUST to play for 15 minutes.

A Geddy/Alex tour is another matter. In THAT case I can imagine 2-3 Rush tunes being played + a mix of MFH & Victor tunes + a mix of whatever new tunes they might've concocted by then. But I STILL wouldn't want too many Rush tunes being played without Peart.