How Many Of You Have Seen A Show At Noblesville, IN.?

presto123

Just wondering as it is my hometown:) How was the show and how did you like the venue/area? The old amphitheater was called Deer Creek and now it's called Klipsch Music Center. I have been to Tinley Park many times for those of you weighing in from Chicago area.
  • Like 3

I saw quite a few shows at Deer Creek!

Grateful Dead, 1992, '93, and '94

HORDE Tour, 1995

Allman Brothers Band, 1995

Dave Matthews Band, 1996 (that was the only time I ever saw them- mainly I went to see the opening act- Ben Harper!)

Furthur Tour, 1996, '97, and '98

Black Crowes and Oasis, Brotherly Love Tour, 2001

I love the setting, out there in the fields of central Indiana.

I also lived in Indy in 1995 and '96- I lived just south of Carmel, in Nora, around 93rd and College Ave., and then later on I moved down into the city, in short north- very close to 38th and Meridian, on North Penn.

Saw a bunch of shows at the Vogue and the Patio, both, in Broad Ripple.

Always enjoyed it there!

• Like 2

I saw quite a few shows at Deer Creek!

Grateful Dead, 1992, '93, and '94

HORDE Tour, 1995

Allman Brothers Band, 1995

Dave Matthews Band, 1996 (that was the only time I ever saw them- mainly I went to see the opening act- Ben Harper!)

Furthur Tour, 1996, '97, and '98

Black Crowes and Oasis, Brotherly Love Tour, 2001

I love the setting, out there in the fields of central Indiana.

I also lived in Indy in 1995 and '96- I lived just south of Carmel, in Nora, around 93rd and College Ave., and then later on I moved down into the city, in short north- very close to 38th and Meridian, on North Penn.

Saw a bunch of shows at the Vogue and the Patio, both, in Broad Ripple.

Always enjoyed it there!

I've played many a local show right next to the Vogue at Peppers. Small world!

• Like 1

I saw Roger Waters there in 2006. The place was PACKED, and getting in/out of the place was awful.

They slightly remedied that now with two lanes each direction going out to interstate. You are right. It used to be a two lane country road getting out of there.

I saw Roger Waters there in 2006. The place was PACKED, and getting in/out of the place was awful.

They slightly remedied that now with two lanes each direction going out to interstate. You are right. It used to be a two lane country road getting out of there.

It is good for the locals that this was fixed. My buddy and I drove about 500 miles one way to catch that, and I do not see any act catching my ear enough for me to make that drive again for that venue.

It is good for the locals that this was fixed. My buddy and I drove about 500 miles one way to catch that, and I do not see any act catching my ear enough for me to make that drive again for that venue.

Where did you come from?

Just wondering as it is my hometown:) How was the show and how did you like the venue/area? The old amphitheater was called Deer Creek and now it's called Klipsch Music Center. I have been to Tinley Park many times for those of you weighing in from Chicago area.

I have never been there, but clearly if you have been to Tinley Park then you know all about what a pain in the ass getting out of there after a concert can be. ;)

• Like 1

Oh, I remember going there once, very well. The last show of the Snakes and Arrows Live tour was supposed to be at Atlanta, but as I recall, Denver got rained out, and the only rescheduling they could do for Denver was on the date that Noblesville was scheduled, so to accommodate Red Rocks, they kicked the Indy date to until the very end of the tour, and those who paid extra for Atlanta as the last show got screwed. As of 10 PM the night before, I didn't have a ticket to the Indy show, even though I live in Chi and could easily make it there. At about 10:30 PM, a great single ticket showed up on line (Ticketbastard or Stubhub, not sure). I scooped it up, got a quick hotel room reservation, and drove down the next afternoon. A pretty good seat, which I thought was 11th row, but turned out, because the seats sort of fanned around the stage rather than be arranged in a straight line, it was about the equivalent of fifth row in front of Geddy's keyboards. It was one of the most fun preparties I ever attended, capped off by a picture of my friend Christine (who sat with me for the Last Show Ever in LA) and I standing in front of some urinals. That tour opened with Limelight, and as the iconic opening riff blared out, I literally willed myself to always, always remember that moment, to remember the serendipity of finding a last minute ticket so close to the stage, of having so many friends that I saw before and during the show, and of having a band that could so thoroughly whisk me back to high school with a few chords. Needless to say, I haven't forgotten that emotion, and I often think of that show when I hear Limelight on the radio. So yes, to answer your original question, I remember Noblesville very well.
  • Like 1

Where did you come from?

KC.

Where did you come from?

KC.

I've driven to St. Louis for a couple shows. What's the name of the shed that is there? I remember getting a hotel room because we were too tired to drive all the way back to Indy. haha...

.. was just on the main page here, and this thread title was cut off - all I could see was:

How Many Of You Have Seen A . . . . .

I thought we were going to be talking about UFOs, or grown men naked, or ghosts

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I believe it is currently Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone Amphitheater.

Did a little digging and it was probably called UMB Bank Pavilion when I was there. I remember crossing the Mississippi River on the way in(for the first time) and I couldn't believe a river could be so wide...LOL!

Oh, I remember going there once, very well. The last show of the Snakes and Arrows Live tour was supposed to be at Atlanta, but as I recall, Denver got rained out, and the only rescheduling they could do for Denver was on the date that Noblesville was scheduled, so to accommodate Red Rocks, they kicked the Indy date to until the very end of the tour, and those who paid extra for Atlanta as the last show got screwed. As of 10 PM the night before, I didn't have a ticket to the Indy show, even though I live in Chi and could easily make it there. At about 10:30 PM, a great single ticket showed up on line (Ticketbastard or Stubhub, not sure). I scooped it up, got a quick hotel room reservation, and drove down the next afternoon. A pretty good seat, which I thought was 11th row, but turned out, because the seats sort of fanned around the stage rather than be arranged in a straight line, it was about the equivalent of fifth row in front of Geddy's keyboards. It was one of the most fun preparties I ever attended, capped off by a picture of my friend Christine (who sat with me for the Last Show Ever in LA) and I standing in front of some urinals. That tour opened with Limelight, and as the iconic opening riff blared out, I literally willed myself to always, always remember that moment, to remember the serendipity of finding a last minute ticket so close to the stage, of having so many friends that I saw before and during the show, and of having a band that could so thoroughly whisk me back to high school with a few chords. Needless to say, I haven't forgotten that emotion, and I often think of that show when I hear Limelight on the radio. So yes, to answer your original question, I remember Noblesville very well.

Awesome post. I recall many of my out of State trips very fondly as well. I've always enjoyed making a journey out of a Rush show. I found the venue in Milwaukee for Time Machine(I think it was) just awesome. It was that annual Summerfest thing they have up there. Also been to Tinley Park and the small Chicago amphitheater by the lake many times too.