Geddy Responds to Peart "Retirement" Article

Ron2112

I don't see why Geddy and Alex can't just tour without Neil. They don't even need to replace him. Half of their show is already triggered, what's one more step on the pedal?

So you want them to program Neil's drum parts with a drum machine......haha.....the machine would probably explode and come back with a "cannot compute" error message. This post is just dumb trying to downplay Neil's contribution to the band.

• Like 3

I don't see why Geddy and Alex can't just tour without Neil. They don't even need to replace him. Half of their show is already triggered, what's one more step on the pedal?

So you want them to program Neil's drum parts with a drum machine......haha.....the machine would probably explode and come back with a "cannot compute" error message. This post is just dumb trying to downplay Neil's contribution to the band.

What contribution? Drummers are like roaches. There's always more where they came from. It's us bass players that rule the world.

• Like 3

Neil should just donate Doofus and Dingus, I'm sure between the two of them it can be pulled off

• Like 1

What contribution? Drummers are like roaches. There's always more where they came from. It's us bass players that rule the world.

BASS PLAYERS! :laughing guy:

Alex Lifeson was asked today of his opinion on the recent deveopments , his response was ....

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

• Like 3

But not as dumb as missing a joke when it's right in front of your eyes. ;)

• Like 2

It is strange to me to think that either Alex or Geddy would be anything but happy for Neil. If that's the case, it isn't Neil that is the selfish prick.

I don't think it's right for us to judge ANY of them in this situation since we're not privy to the conversations they've had between each other.

I seriously doubt Ged or Al would be pissed simply because Neil wants to retire.

It may well be though that Neil had initially agreed that after the tour ended, he'd discuss it with the other guys first before actually deciding and talking to the press about it. He might have since forgotten about that agreement OR perhaps Geddy misunderstood and *thought* that was the plan, whereas Neil assumed that imminent retirement was understood all along. Again, we don't know enough of the internal dialogue to know what the real cause of any friction may be.

• Like 2

It is strange to me to think that either Alex or Geddy would be anything but happy for Neil. If that's the case, it isn't Neil that is the selfish prick.

I wasn't expecting Geddy or Alex to be mad at Neil for retiring at all actually. I just thought that it could be possible that the two of them were dissapointed in the fact that Neil was not up-front about it from the beginning and confirmed it was the last tour. Instead, he kept them and all of us in limbo and only recently as a passing comment said "Oh by the way I'm considering myself retired".

Ged tries the "Jedi mind trick"

Neil: I'm retired

Ged: No you're not

Neil: Maybe I'm not???

Let the man have his day without trying to put words in his mouth...

000ba7af02f7f89c9c55216f769dc644.jpg

• Like 6

Just get Earl to replace Neil.

He doesn't have to learn forty years of music since he already knows it.

It would be a win/win for all involved, and we would have a star within our midst.

You are so sweet! I am flattered!

Could you imagine drummer tryouts for Rush?

There are so many better drummers in the world than me!

That being said I better hit my drum room!!

Time for some Hemispheres in your honor!! :)

• Like 1

BASS PLAYERS! :laughing guy:

Absolutely we rule the world. Without us, the drummers wouldn't be able to keep time. :)

• Like 1

Just get Earl to replace Neil.

He doesn't have to learn forty years of music since he already knows it.

It would be a win/win for all involved, and we would have a star within our midst.

You are so sweet! I am flattered!

Could you imagine drummer tryouts for Rush?

There are so many better drummers in the world than me!

That being said I better hit my drum room!!

Time for some Hemispheres in your honor!! :)

So yes mission accomplished. Strangely enough I must have some "bad wood" or your motivation made me hit the skins harder! I broke a NP 747 on "Book 2" and then cracked the other one in half on "La Villa!" RUSH ON!

• Like 1