Yet another Geddy interview--on Noisey

x1yyz

Here's another interview with Geddy, and it contains a little bit of different stuff than many of the others I've read recently.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/rush-geddy-lee-interview

Some fun bits:

Noisey: Are you sick of talking about R40 Live yet?

Geddy Lee: [Laughs] Getting there.

Have you noticed how many more women are coming to the shows in the last ten years, though? It really seems like something’s changed.

Yeah, I have noticed. And in fact a friend of mine told me at one of our shows this year that there was an actual line-up at the women's washroom, which is crazy. Breaking new boundaries!

• Like 4

This shit blew my mind--TM

I heard a rumor that you were asked to help produce Metallica's Master of Puppets. Is that true?

It’s sort of true. There was some discussion with Lars, back in the day, about working with them. This was before Master of Puppets came out, I think? There was talk, you know. I was friends with their management and I met Lars back in England. I remember going to see them here in Toronto when they played at the Masonic Temple. That’s when the original bass player was still happening. You know, before that tragedy. And, you know, we talked about it and I liked their band a lot at that time. But it just never came together.

• Like 7

I think at the time that we wrote those songs, we felt they were very complex in one way or another. But in context of the modern era songs, they’re actually freer in some ways, and not as densely layered. And in comparison and in context with those songs, they come off much heavier as a result.

Yes, exactly.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Here's another interview with Geddy, and it contains a little bit of different stuff than many of the others I've read recently.

http://noisey.vice.c...y-lee-interview

Some fun bits:

Noisey: Are you sick of talking about R40 Live yet?

Geddy Lee: [Laughs] Getting there.

Have you noticed how many more women are coming to the shows in the last ten years, though? It really seems like something’s changed.

Yeah, I have noticed. And in fact a friend of mine told me at one of our shows this year that there was an actual line-up at the women's washroom, which is crazy. Breaking new boundaries!

There's a different direction on this interview. Very cool! Thanks for sharing. :)