Ged And Alex Start A New Project.....Who Do You Want As Singer And Drummer?

presto123

This seems to be the best idea being that Neil pretty much announced his retirement. This is the perfect time to start a supergroup side project and let Geddy just play and not have to sing anymore. So let this thread be all about the candidates for this band. Choose your singer and drummer. Matt Cameron seems like a logical choice as he played drums on Geddy's solo project. Dean Castronovo(who got fired from Journey) would also be a good fit as he played on the Rush tribute record back in the day.

As far as singers, I need to give it more thought. Don't know the status of Soundgarden, but Chris Cornell might be an option. I'm sure there are tons of singers that would jump at the chance as Lee/ Lifeson would guarantee a certain number of ticket sales. How about some thoughts.......

This thread is ridiculous.

Round and round we go.

Same drummers same bullshit!

The whole thing is a Cheap Trick!!

Bun E Carlos is the new drummer!!

It is confirmed on Rush.com!

I just saw it!!

All of you east coasters are in bed right now dreaming of a Rush reunion!

That ship has sailed!

The new band is called: BLUSH

Never Surrender Rush fruit loops!

I Want You To Want The Trees!

• Like 1

As suggested by some when this topic has come up, if Geddy and Alex do anything together it should be an all instrumental project. As to who should play drums? Well, i'm not sure if Geddy and Alex jam with anyone on their off time. It needs to be someone who they obviously have musical chemistry with. Dave Grohl and Mike Portnoy would certainly be up for it. Maybe they can just have a handful of guest drummers.

My guess is that we'll have a Geddy solo album before anything else.

• Like 1

New project? I'm going off the board and picking two people: Stewart Copeland and....Rik Emmett.

Rik & Alex have jammed together before AND Rik would be able to share vocal duties with Geddy. That'd be one way to preserve Geddy's voice and to have other vocals besides Alex faking it or have the chorus of Geddys. Share the job. After all, Emmett did share vocal responsibilities in his Triumph days. The Lifeson & Emmett double guitar fantasy going on would be something magical. They're not used to another guitarist being there which would make it even that more interesting. What would they come up with? I'd like to find out.

Copeland...how many rock percussionists are out there that rival Peart AND who wouldn't be in awe of Lee & Lifeson? Very few. I keep thinking Stewart Copeland.

This fantasy will never happen. I know.

I'm of the camp that believes Geddy will make new music with or without Lifeson...but with a fair chance of the two making new music together with others.

ged & Al in a new band with a new singer and drummer sounds amazing to me, could be just what these guys need to inspire greater stuff for another few years i say go for it pleease Neil's obviously a loss but it is what it is use as a positive for a whole new direction, we could yet see some of the best stuff these two fellas done. so far as a singer goes, anybody not from american idol will do.

yeah, let Neil go boys that sh*t's over, let's have another half dozen years of Lee & Lifeson kickin ass

This seems to be the best idea being that Neil pretty much announced his retirement. This is the perfect time to start a supergroup side project and let Geddy just play and not have to sing anymore. So let this thread be all about the candidates for this band. Choose your singer and drummer. Matt Cameron seems like a logical choice as he played drums on Geddy's solo project. Dean Castronovo(who got fired from Journey) would also be a good fit as he played on the Rush tribute record back in the day.

As far as singers, I need to give it more thought. Don't know the status of Soundgarden, but Chris Cornell might be an option. I'm sure there are tons of singers that would jump at the chance as Lee/ Lifeson would guarantee a certain number of ticket sales. How about some thoughts.......

Loves me some Soundgarden but Matt is also busy with Pearl Jam. And I think Chris is busy with SG and his solo endeavers so I don't see that happening.

I wanna see this band:

Alex as guitar-player

Geddy as bass player

Geddy as singer

Neil as drummer

These kind of posts or so counterproductive and pointless.

Life goes on, embrace change.

For those of you that said Copeland as drummer, not sure he would be a good choice. Don't get me wrong, I like his playing, but he is such a unique drummer style wise. I've heard it said that his style is hard to replicate because it's off the wall, but Stewart would have a very hard time playing Neil material like fans would want to hear it.(assuming the band did any Rush material)

I wouldn't mind a new drummer but Geddy still sounds fine in the studio.

I agree, but I'm assuming this band would tour. I think I would rather just hear that Rush sound with some different sounding vocals on top. That way the new project wouldn't sound TOO much like the old project. Plus, I'm downright curious to hear Rush like material with different vocals.