Peart Talks Retirement in New Drumhead Magazine Interview

Jag2112

I just can't believe he's willing to throw what he created away so quickly.

I know, four decades.

It's been too soon for fraroc, not for Neil.

For me, either. Hell, I've been wanting Captain Soupuss to resign for at least a decade.

• Like 1

If he really has no regrets about killing Rush, then whatever. He can go live his life and never pick up another set of drumsticks ever again for the rest of his life for all I give a f**k. He better NOT bitch if Geddy and Alex disapprove, because any frustrations that those two might have with Neil are 100% justified.

You need to just be quiet before you dig yourself in deeper. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't even bother to comment on the subject.

Geeze Louise.

No! Let Louise dig!

He might find the troll kingdom...

http://www.ocpaddler.com/files/troll_2.jpg

• Like 1

I know, four decades.

It's been too soon for fraroc, not for Neil.

For me, either. Hell, I've been wanting Captain Soupuss to resign for at least a decade.

Captain Sourpuss

I better not laugh at that. :ph34r:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

If he really has no regrets about killing Rush, then whatever. He can go live his life and never pick up another set of drumsticks ever again for the rest of his life for all I give a f**k. He better NOT bitch if Geddy and Alex disapprove, because any frustrations that those two might have with Neil are 100% justified.

You need to just be quiet before you dig yourself in deeper. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't even bother to comment on the subject.

Geeze Louise.

No! Let Louise dig!

It's just sad when the comments in a thread change from being a positive thing to being all about one of the posters and their childish opinions.

Textbook definition of a TROLL.

• Like 1

Geeze Louise.

No! Let Louise dig!

http://www.ocpaddler.com/files/troll_2.jpg

Louise has such beautiful eyes!

• Like 2

Congratulations Neil, you just pissed away the best thing you've ever had.

It just proves blood is indeed thicker than water.

Correct. His blood in his daughter. Sorry, bro, she matters a whole lot more to him than you or any of us. As it should be.

Incorrect. Rush is not the best thing he ever had. I don't think you have children. I hope one day you do. It will make sense then.

• Like 2

So quickly? The man lost his first child and wife nearly 20 years ago. We have had nearly 15 years of time with the band since. How is that a "quick decision."

Also, let's not forget he has created a marriage... a child... a life... those creations matter, too.

I hope he gets fat and blissfully stupid enjoying every minute with Carrie and Olivia. I hope he never looks back with regret for choosing his family over the rock star life.

• Like 2

LOL, this kid is funny,.

Killing Rush?

Seriously, do you have any clue as to how many bands get a 40 year run?

Do you have any idea how much it hurts to play the drums with tendonitis?

Man, fanboys who lack any reasonable amount of empathy are pathetic.

Maybe one day when the guys who are whining about Neil retiring will have a bunch of people harangue the shit out of them for wanting to retire after 40 years of not nearly as successful a life.
  • Like 1

Also, you never know. After a few years of driving Olivia to sleepovers and Build A Bear, Neil may be on the phone begging Geddy and Alex to do a few days artist in residence thing at MSG or Massey Hall !! :D :D

What I would give to relive those moments with my kids. I would absolutely cherish the rowdy sleepovers.... the trips to kitschy stores in the mall.... even the trip to Disney World.

For all his pain, Neil has the opportunity to relive those moments... and to really know how powerful and important they are.

I wish him the absolute best. I am happy for him... and for Carrie... and especially for Olivia.

• Like 2

Also, you never know. After a few years of driving Olivia to sleepovers and Build A Bear, Neil may be on the phone begging Geddy and Alex to do a few days artist in residence thing at MSG or Massey Hall !! :D :D

What I would give to relive those moments with my kids. I would absolutely cherish the rowdy sleepovers.... the trips to kitschy stores in the mall.... even the trip to Disney World.

For all his pain, Neil has the opportunity to relive those moments... and to really know how powerful and important they are.

I wish him the absolute best. I am happy for him... and for Carrie... and especially for Olivia.

Agreed. Of course, he is 63. By the time she wants her friends more than dad he will be in his 70s. Too late to come back.

This is the kind of crap I cannot understand ... Look I've been a fan of NP since 1980... I was already playing drums for awhile by then and for the next few years he was a big influence...Glad I saw them every tour from 1982 on ...some more than once...but...I also respect the guy enough to realize it's his call to retire... And people slamming him I gotta believe are only thinking of themselves...don't understand being a working touring musician and don't appreciate the fact that it's entirely his call ...Just as it would be if he said a month later he wants to record again...

Another thing...after what he went through in 97... & BTW we have no idea if he held regrets for being away from his first family while building the success of Rush all those years ago when they ran ridiculous schedules?....someone would have to be a real asshole to judge him...

Edited by JBsDWdrums
  • Like 2

For sure! It goes by in a flash and you don't always realize the time is passing. . . . I enjoy reading Neil's blog when he writes about Olivia and I wish them many happy times together.

• Like 1

Me as well, for sure! It goes by in a flash and you don't always realize the time is passing. . . . I enjoy reading Neil's blog when he writes about Olivia and I wish them many happy times together.

This is the kind of crap I cannot understand ... Look I've been a fan of NP since 1980... I was already playing drums for awhile by then and for the next few years he was a big influence...Glad I saw them every tour from 1982 on ...some more than once...but...I also respect the guy enough to realize it's his call to retire... And people slamming him I gotta believe are only thinking of themselves...don't understand being a working touring musician and don't appreciate the fact that it's entirely his call ...Just as it would be if he said a month later he wants to record again...

Another thing...after what he went through in 97... & BTW we have no idea if he held regrets for being away from his first family while building the success of Rush all those years ago when they ran ridiculous schedules?....someone would have to be a real asshole to judge him...

No no, you got it wrong. fraroc is actually a standup comedian. Good show.

What's so, well...weird...is this oblique way to talk about being retired without coming out and stating clearly that he's retired. It seems so contrary to what we know of his personality. The way Alex & Ged have talked in the recent interviews they see at least a hope of playing again as Rush but Peart says now he's retired. I would have expected those three to be upfront with each other and clear about where they stand. Otherwise I would expect those two to just say that Neil is done unless they can't for some reason. I dunno. Weird how they're seemingly talking to each other via interviews. Comes across as very un-Rush to me.
  • Like 1

Eh, can't blame him really, it was a good run. Congrats Neil and all the best!

The five stages of grief in one minute. I'm impressed.

that just pisses me off. I need time. Lots of time
  • Like 1

I was going to post something about the subject, but this thread is ridiculous. Shame.

RIP Rush.

Agreed! Stupid. Please PM your thoughts Presto. I would love to know what you were going to type.

But I respect your privacy.

You should know my take on this subject by now.

Eh, can't blame him really, it was a good run. Congrats Neil and all the best!

The five stages of grief in one minute. I'm impressed.

that just pisses me off. I need time. Lots of time

Hahahhaha!

Sorry! But I must say, my wife and I are over after 20 years and in the same year my band retires.

2016 is going to be one hell of a year!

I'm 47 going on 1.

I don't want to start over!

Thank God I still have Rush music!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I don't know what to think. For some reason it doesn't feel real. :(

I'm sorry Jamie, as one of the biggest Neil Peart guys on the planet I knew it at Inglewood.

I was in the third row but snuck up to the front for the final three songs.

I was very lucky.

A moment I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Once Neil ran up to the front of the stage I knew he was done.

So therefore I am not in shock.

I am not shedding a tear.

I did that in LA.

I'm done.

Get the new Modern Drummer Magazine pronto!

I don't know what to think. For some reason it doesn't feel real. :(

I'm sorry Jamie, as one of the biggest Neil Peart guys on the planet I knew it at Inglewood.

I was in the third row but snuck up to the front for the final three songs.

I was very lucky.

A moment I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Once Neil ran up to the front of the stage I knew he was done.

So therefore I am not in shock.

I am not shedding a tear.

I did that in LA.

I'm done.

Get the new Modern Drummer Magazine pronto!

That's very true, I sorta got that vibe when I saw the pictures of them waving goodbye. I just didn't think he would retire so soon. And what are they gonna do now? Is the band itself over for good???