Peart Talks Retirement in New Drumhead Magazine Interview

Jag2112

I haven't read a single post on this thread except yours Mick. Never knew Fraroc was a Neil Hater. Nor do I care.

I'm happy for Neil. I hope he never plays in Rush again.

Perhaps it's you younger generation Fanboi Rush Fanatics that are pissed off at the Legend.

Well to be honest I really don't give a FUKK.

I was blessed enough to see Rush in the early Eighties to THE END.

Does it bother me I missed the first decade of Rush live?

FUCKK YES!

But I'm a big boy and I am fine with that.

NEIL RULES!!

LEAVE HIM THE FUKK ALONE!

fraroc just needs to start thinking rationally before he poststs and I need to start posting soberly

Hahaha! I'm irrational. I post sober and when I've had some brewskis in my tummy! I will never change!

NEIL RULES!

HATERS MUST LOVE PHIL RUDD!

There is a difference between confirming your retirement and saying goodbye with one finger in the air.

Tell me where you're read anything that gives that impression? Just because the other two want to tour and he doesn't isn't anything new. Neil has been saying goodbye to touring since the 90's. It's not exactly something new. Except this time he has a child he wants to stay home with. The other two don't.

Don't go giving him kidnapping ideas, now. ;)

Egads

People don't use the word egads enough anymore. In fact, my iPad tried to change it.

• Like 2

I haven't read a single post on this thread except yours Mick. Never knew Fraroc was a Neil Hater. Nor do I care.

I'm happy for Neil. I hope he never plays in Rush again.

Perhaps it's you younger generation Fanboi Rush Fanatics that are pissed off at the Legend.

Well to be honest I really don't give a FUKK.

I was blessed enough to see Rush in the early Eighties to THE END.

Does it bother me I missed the first decade of Rush live?

FUCKK YES!

But I'm a big boy and I am fine with that.

NEIL RULES!!

LEAVE HIM THE FUKK ALONE!

You need to read the other posts. Don't you go believing it's the younger generation that's pissed off at Peart. Nearly everyone here, regardless of age, has wished good things for Peart or at least has said he deserves to enjoy his life.

READ more posts you LOUD, SCREAMING bastard! :blaze:

• Like 1

I just don't know when retiring became a sin. Fraroc is really ok.....i just never understood the inexplicable unfounded neil hate. Especially from someone who recently admited to not knowing half of Rush's discography

Mick

It's not the matter of what happened, it's how it happened.

I just don't know when retiring became a sin. Fraroc is really ok.....i just never understood the inexplicable unfounded neil hate. Especially from someone who recently admited to not knowing half of Rush's discography

Mick

Buddy, you are a nutjob.

(Love ya but ya nuts)

Mick

But how YOU said it happened isn't HOW it ACTUALLY happened.

Peart says he's retired = fraroc says Peart gave us the finger.

Honestly, how does that work?

Please explain the intricacies of "how it happened". I'd like to know how Peart f***ed me over.

• Like 2

Those of us who are sports fans get what Peart is saying. Brett Farve's last season with the Jets was sad to watch as it happened. So many of us NFL fans don't want to see Peyton Manning come back to play. Why??? We believe his body can't do it anymore, we don't want Brett Farve's last season.

So why won't many people cut Peart some slack? I'd argue most of those people are not drummers, that most of those people don't believe he can't physically do it at a high level. They believe he selfishly wants to sleep in and make PB&J sandwiches for his daughter instead of touring.

Why can't you people get it? Why can't I get it?

Favre ended his career with the Vikings two years later.

Yeah, I was going to say...and got them to the NFC Championship game with the Vikings, too.

Mick

OK, so shame on Neil for not running his ideas by you first.

• Like 2

Oh well, they were a huge influence on my life for 39 years and I hit a milestone of 60 Rush shows at the last Forum gig. I'm not complaining.

but why do I feel he may eventually be up for making another album, especially if the other two agree to record in L.A.?

• Like 1

Oh well, they were a huge influence on my life for 39 years and I hit a milestone of 60 Rush shows at the last Forum gig. I'm not complaining.

but why do I feel he may eventually be up for making another album, especially if the other two agree to record in L.A.?

Neil wanted to 'retire' from touring many moons ago but he felt the obligation for a musician to perform the material they create. Given that I think he's either all in or all out. Creating albums is more a creative outlet than a money maker these days so I fail to see why they would just create an album for the heck of it.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

I know I can't force Neil to play more if he honestly doesn't want to, I'm just unhappy with how everything is going down right now. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Geddy and Alex want to keep the door open and it does upset me that Neil doesn't even tell Geddy, Alex and the Rush fans "I'm sorry, but I'm done. I can't do it anymore"

It's more like. "You want more Rush shows? Yeah well kiss my ass, I'm retired now."

Yes....I'm picking up on this as well. There seems to be a big disconnect, and it's almost as if the band is speaking to each other via the press.

Neil wanted to 'retire' from touring many moons ago but he felt the obligation for a musician to perform the material they create. Given that I think he's either all in or all out. Creating albums is more a creative outlet than a money maker these days so I fail to see why they would just create an album for the heck of it.

So Fraroc can shut up about this being a hurried decision, he carried on with and for the other lads for roughly two decades!

Fraroc is honestly one of those fanboys who believes artists owe their fans everything they demand.

Nope.

I can't imagine Leonardo da Vinci giving in to every request and whinge that the peasants demanded.

• Like 1

Actually. i'd LOVE another Ged Solo album. MFH was Awesome.

Mick

It was just a warm up for Vapor Trails.

• Like 1

It sucks that this is happening if the other guys still want to play BUT

You know if Alex's hands were never able to play again Neil probably wouldn't start campaigning for a new guitarist or start crying about it in interviews, right?

If it's not Geddy, Alex, and Neil it's not RUSH.

He deserves the rest, good for Neil!

And thank you for being the greatest rock drummer in history!!

• Like 3

I know I can't force Neil to play more if he honestly doesn't want to, I'm just unhappy with how everything is going down right now. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Geddy and Alex want to keep the door open and it does upset me that Neil doesn't even tell Geddy, Alex and the Rush fans "I'm sorry, but I'm done. I can't do it anymore"

It's more like. "You want more Rush shows? Yeah well kiss my ass, I'm retired now."

Yes....I'm picking up on this as well. There seems to be a big disconnect, and it's almost as if the band is speaking to each other via the press.

Well, this is going to be a difficult time for them! Forty years is a long time, and a quitting member is going to hurt somewhat, but sooner or later Rush will end for good, and Neil wants to quit now, so they are all facing reality in their own way.

Give them time to comprehend the changes (if they do feel hurt that is) and it will all make sense.

But if they were ordinary day job men, retiring would not be frowned upon at all.

Fraroc has not worked a day in his life, so to comprehend forty years of being a member of a majorly successful and hardworking rock band is going to be impossible. But all good things must end! And Neil wants out now to enjoy the best part of his life: his family, and other interests.

Fans who think they should have a say are deluded.

And if Neil felt like he had to carry on for the sake of Geddy and Alex, under their control, would only imply that they are the selfish ones.

Obviously this is amicable, with a possibility of some emotional fallout that time will heal.

• Like 4

Actually. i'd LOVE another Ged Solo album. MFH was Awesome.

Mick

It was just a warm up for Vapor Trails.

you keep telling yourself that buddy

Mick

I only wanted to stir tee hee!

• Like 1