Peart Talks Retirement in New Drumhead Magazine Interview

Jag2112

I would love to post my actual opinion on Fraroc and these idiotic comments but I dint want to create work for 73.

Sometimes I think he might be the first TRF Baptist Church street team ambassador!

• Like 1

There is a difference between confirming your retirement and saying goodbye with one finger in the air.

Tell me where you're read anything that gives that impression? Just because the other two want to tour and he doesn't isn't anything new. Neil has been saying goodbye to touring since the 90's. It's not exactly something new. Except this time he has a child he wants to stay home with. The other two don't.

• Like 5

There is a difference between confirming your retirement and saying goodbye with one finger in the air.

Tell me where you're read anything that gives that impression? Just because the other two want to tour and he doesn't isn't anything new. Neil has been saying goodbye to touring since the 90's. It's not exactly something new. Except this time he has a child he wants to stay home with. The other two don't.

Oh but he did!

HE DID! HE DID! HE DID!

Oh but he did!

HE DID! HE DID! HE DID!

Oh yeah?????? ;)

• Like 1

Oh but he did!

HE DID! HE DID! HE DID!

Oh yeah?????? ;)

HE LEFT ME ALONE WHEN I WANTED TO PLAY AT THE GIG!

NEIL LEFT ME MAMA!

Seriously Neil, get away from the crazy fans as fast as you can!

Oh but he did!

HE DID! HE DID! HE DID!

Oh yeah?????? ;)

HE LEFT ME ALONE WHEN I WANTED TO PLAY AT THE GIG!

NEIL LEFT ME MAMA!

Seriously Neil, get away from the crazy fans as fast as you can!

No kidding. I'd be zooming out of there on my BMW too if I were him.

• Like 2

I didn't read the article but anyway - Neil, I wish you happiness and thank you! :notworthy: :cheers: :heart:

It was only a couple of lines out of of the article. The whole thing isn't posted yet.

Just wait for some of the more sensitive cats on the forum to start criticizing Peart's young daughter for introducing her dad as a "retired drummer." It's all her fault!!

I didn't read the article but anyway - Neil, I wish you happiness and thank you! :notworthy: :cheers: :heart:

It was only a couple of lines out of of the article. The whole thing isn't posted yet.

It could be the funniest thing if the quotes were taken completely out of context!

• Like 2

Just wait for some of the more sensitive cats on the forum to start criticizing Peart's young daughter for introducing her dad as a "retired drummer." It's all her fault!!

It's disgusting enough that some think Neil shallow enough to view his art above his family, never mind this!

But I sadly would not be surprised if it comes to this.

It's disgusting enough that some think Neil shallow enough to view his art above his family, never mind this!

But I sadly would not be surprised if it comes to this.

I don't think most of the fans feel that way unless they're letting their emotions rule over their common sense.

• Like 1

You're not a stupid person but your interpretation of things ACTUALLY said and done can be especially stupid sometimes.

My dad retired at the exact same age as Peart. He didn't wave any middle fingers at anyone. He only said, "Ohhh, finally it's over. Now I can enjoy myself." And he's been enjoying himself these last 14 years. It's the happiest I've seen my dad. I sincerely hope Neil can be that happy too.

He's old. He's tired. He's satisfied with ending on his terms. He wants to be with his family. What don't you get?

• Like 9

I'm ok with Neil calling it a day. He's earned it. I'm just a little disappointed that he's chosen to not make any sort of formal goodbye announcement, personally thanking all the fans who allowed him to have a 40-year career. I know the whole band released a statement of thanks after R40, but that wasn't a retirement declaration (at least not an explicit one).

This is my issue with it. It's even more frustrating because he keeps posting blogs with nary a mention of the elephant in the room.

Of course there is. Peart confirmed his retirement. He didn't have to do that, so look at it as him being charitable and find something else to give your life meaning.

• Like 2

Don't go giving him kidnapping ideas, now. ;)

Don't go giving him kidnapping ideas, now. ;)

Egads

• Like 1

I just don't know when retiring became a sin. Fraroc is really ok.....i just never understood the inexplicable unfounded neil hate. Especially from someone who recently admited to not knowing half of Rush's discography

Mick

• Like 3

I haven't read a single post on this thread except yours Mick. Never knew Fraroc was a Neil Hater. Nor do I care.

I'm happy for Neil. I hope he never plays in Rush again.

Perhaps it's you younger generation Fanboi Rush Fanatics that are pissed off at the Legend.

Well to be honest I really don't give a FUKK.

I was blessed enough to see Rush in the early Eighties to THE END.

Does it bother me I missed the first decade of Rush live?

FUCKK YES!

But I'm a big boy and I am fine with that.

NEIL RULES!!

LEAVE HIM THE FUKK ALONE!

• Like 2

I haven't read a single post on this thread except yours Mick. Never knew Fraroc was a Neil Hater. Nor do I care.

I'm happy for Neil. I hope he never plays in Rush again.

Perhaps it's you younger generation Fanboi Rush Fanatics that are pissed off at the Legend.

Well to be honest I really don't give a FUKK.

I was blessed enough to see Rush in the early Eighties to THE END.

Does it bother me I missed the first decade of Rush live?

FUCKK YES!

But I'm a big boy and I am fine with that.

NEIL RULES!!

LEAVE HIM THE FUKK ALONE!

fraroc just needs to start thinking rationally before he poststs and I need to start posting soberly

• Like 1