Scott Weiland Has Passed Away :(

The Cat 3

It was only a matter of time. RIP.

Exactly!

Hey thanks to having the first two Alice In Chains albums on iTunes I was able to pick up "Core" for free. I was also able to get "Bad Motorfinger" too!

BM BLOWS AWAY CORE!

Signed,

"Jesus Fukking Christ Pose"

One of the best songs ever made!

:haz:

I've heard that he was sober for a number of years but a recent live video shows him clearly under influence. I liked STP for the first couple of albums...then, meh. HIghly derivitive grunge band and Scott sounded alot like Eddie Vedder. He was a good frontman but I gotta admit he really didn't do anything notable. Cliche Rock-N-Roll death.

Great band with a ton of excellent songs. I never got the Pearl Jam comparison myself. I thought he sounded nothing like Vedder, and their tunes had great, interesting and often very unique parts and arrangements.

As for whether it was expected . . . my wife asked me if I was surprised and I said "no" without hesitation. But it's still very sad news.

The tune "Maver" from the last album is awesome.

• Like 1

RIP, Scott. Such a tortured soul. :rose:

Husband and I won tickets and backstage passes for Velvet Revolver in 2004; one of the kids got sick as we were going out the door and we couldn't go. With most artists you figure you will get the chance to see them again, but with Scott you always felt that perhaps his days were numbered; born under the wrong star or something. I always loved his vocals, very unique.

• Like 1

:rose: Scott, so talented, such good music - please Rest in Peace.

Unfortunate ending for another one. I am both sad and angry. :rose: An unnecessary shame.

• Like 2

One of the best bands from the 90's era. They were more than 2 albums like many think.

Tiny Music and Shangri- La Dee Da were also outstanding records. Contra Band with Velvet Revolver was an incredible rock album filled with urgency and at the time I thought it might be a savior for true guitar driven rock music. But Scott just could no overcome his drug addiction.

They (STP) were not grunge. They were in your face rock and also had another unique mellow side to them. Great arrangements, riffs, guitar solos.

They were the anti grunge IMO. Very Zeppelin influenced. Scott was a true rock star front man with a great persona on stage.

The man battled drug addiction for so long. Drugs won.

RIP to a guy that was one of my peers. A Gen X rock star has burned out. 48 years old. He will be missed.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3

Can't say I was/am a huge Scott Weiland/STP fan, but I thought Core and Purple were great albums and from the live videos I've seen of Scott back in his heyday, he had a stage presence that was one of a kind. Given that it's been a long time since I made a conscious decision to listen to those two albums, it was quite worth taking my time to rediscover those two albums today. A lot of those songs are re-clicking with me. I know there's a lot of fans of his around the world, and while I don't share the same depths of sadness as his fans, friends, and family are having right now, my thoughts are with them.

RIP Scott Weiland :rose:

Edited by PolarizeMe

Sadly,

It appears Scott Weiland has passed away.

He was found dead on his tour bus.

While people will focus on his drug addiction, I choose to focus on his music.

What a loss...

...rest in peace Scott.

Sad news. I always will appreciated his work in Stone Temple Pilots, one of the best American bands ever.

I wish him to find some peace now. :rose:

• Like 1

Breathing is the hardest thing to do.

With all I've said and

all that's dead for you

You lied-Goodbye.

:rose:

I got this album the day it came out. After my first listen to this song I said "wow, that song is gonna be f***in huge"

Edited by J2112YYZ