RUSH original tribute (gear list for those who might be interested) "YYNOT"

B1gtr

I posted this song before on other threads, a few people asked about the gear used on the above track so here it is for anyone interested:

Guitars:

Aria Pro semi-hollowbody (90's)

Fender Strat (modified) 82'

Amp:

'87 Marshall Jubilee 50watt head, 4X12 cabinet

Effects:

deluxe electric misstress, Boss ce-2 chorus, mxr phase 90, Morley volume pedal (no overdrive pedals used)

Bass:

71' Rickenbacker 4001

Keyboards:

various 'Moog like' soft synths

Drums:

20 x 24 DW KICK DRUM

14 x 16 DW FLOOR TOM

12 x 14 DW FLOOR TOM

11 x 13 DW RACK TOM

10 x 12 DW RACK TOM

8 x 10 DW RACK TOM

5 1/2 x 14 Slingerland 1962 maple Snare

22" Paiste Dark Ride

17" Paiste Dark Crash

20" Paiste Reflector Crash

19" Paiste 2002 Crash

8" and 10" Paiste Signature splash

15" Paiste Dimensions Power Hats

DW 9000 Double Pedals

Pro tools was the recording software.

Thanks. Do you might telling me which version you have? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade mine.

• Like 1

Thanks. Do you might telling me which version you have? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade mine.

I think one of the best things to update (at least for me) would be the A/D converter.

I think one of the best things to update (at least for me) would be the A/D converter.

Yeah I agree. I have 7.4 so I'm not much better off than you. :LOL: I'd like to upgrade to 12 but I don't see that happening for a while.

Yeah I agree. I have 7.4 so I'm not much better off than you. :LOL: I'd like to upgrade to 12 but I don't see that happening for a while.

it's not the gear, it's what you do with what you got. I've produced records, placed stuff in movies and tv all with that 6.9 and no one ever seems to complain :)
  • Like 1

it's not the gear, it's what you do with what you got. I've produced records, placed stuff in movies and tv all with that 6.9 and no one ever seems to complain :)

I have two DW drum kits. One at work to reduced stress and my bigger kit at home in my garage to really play hard.

I'm an idiot.

I am an excellent drummer.

Not bragging or being an egoist. I should be. I've been playing for 35 years.

I just play alone.

I never had any luck over the decades. I've even done the Craigslist thing. Every band I tried out for wanted me but I was bored.

I think I'm cursed.

Playing to Rush albums for three decades has ruined me.

Just saying.

• Like 1

I have two DW drum kits. One at work to reduced stress and my bigger kit at home in my garage to really play hard.

I'm an idiot.

I just play alone.

I never had any luck over the decades. I've even done the Craigslist thing. Every band I tried out for wanted me but I was bored.

I think I'm cursed.

Just saying.

I understand that. Unless you're playing in a Rush cover band and it's a band that plays out, you're kind of stuck doing covers unless you can find a really good originals band but those are few and far between.

• Like 1

I'm an idiot.

I just play alone.

I think I'm cursed.

Just saying.

I understand that. Unless you're playing in a Rush cover band and it's a band that plays out, you're kind of stuck doing covers unless you can find a really good originals band but those are few and far between.

Thanks Moon! I really don't want to play in a Rush cover band. I play to Rush albums because it's fun and it makes me feel so happy.

I could easily join any cover band in the Bay Area but that is not my true aim.

I may sound like a Neil Peart clone but I am not. I play to hundreds of different albums.

Ironically I would die to find an original band.

I have the gear and the talent. I just can't find the right guys.

It's the same thing with dating now that I am single. (I honestly have no interest) but alas maybe some year.

Anyway, my point is trying to find a great band is just as hard as trying to find a great woman.

I had one but we grew apart.

I enjoy playing the drums by myself and I enjoy being alone. But in a selfish way I would prefer to love being in a real band and in love with a beautiful woman!

Not trying to be mushy, I am what I am.

I'm an orca whale..

I'm not some Lady And The Tramp.

Hope that makes sense.

Ugh.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I'm an idiot.

I just play alone.

I think I'm cursed.

Just saying.

I feel ya man. It's tough to find like-minded/ talented people. Even in L.A.!

Yep! Right on cue. I'm jealous. Love the sound.

I wish I could find something like this.

KILLER!

thanks man. Yeah I just felt like doing it after seeing R40 as a tribute and to kinda document their influence on me early on as a kid. It was fun :)

I'm an idiot.

I just play alone.

I think I'm cursed.

Just saying.

Luckily on this tune my buddy was already set up with his rig and drums already mic'd up. But it did require me to write the thing, play everything else and then mix.