Rush Bootlegs That Sound As Good As Live Albums... Or Close

DirtyMidnighter

Here's a Hemispheres question:

If they could play the entire song in concert, why couldn't they do that to record it? Didn't they have to record it in four parts, or am I thinking of another old epic song?

I think they DID play it through while recording it, but had some issues getting the whole way through correctly and committing it to tape.... As far as live, I guess they just learned it..... I also think they had some problems with LaVilla if I'm not mistaken...

• Like 1

I just found a pretty good one from the Permanent Waves tour.

The Three Magicians 2/2/80

There's another version of this one called Timeless Wavelength (remastered version) that's a lot better quality floating around.

The Spirit of St. Louis (2/14/80) show is pretty good, but incomplete. I think it was broadcast on the radio or something, and there's also a pre-broadcast version floating around. Not sure what they have that one listed as...

There's another version of this one called Timeless Wavelength (remastered version) that's a lot better quality floating around.

The Spirit of St. Louis (2/14/80) show is pretty good, but incomplete. I think it was broadcast on the radio or something, and there's also a pre-broadcast version floating around. Not sure what they have that one listed as...

There are several versions of it, but I thought (to my ears at least) The Three Magicians sounded better than Timeless Wavelength. Not sure why I thought that, but I did. :LOL:

Too bad they didn't have the electronics available back then like they do today. But they did pretty good with what they did have, and I am so grateful to them.

There are several versions of it, but I thought (to my ears at least) The Three Magicians sounded better than Timeless Wavelength. Not sure why I thought that, but I did. :LOL:

Too bad they didn't have the electronics available back then like they do today. But they did pretty good with what they did have, and I am so grateful to them.

All depends...I also have two different TW's, and one's significantly better (IIRC, one has a spot where the tape eats a little, then gets better) I think 3 magicians was the original album bootleg, redone on CD, then the TW versions were taken from different generations... I'm so out of it with this stuff anymore. Ok...went to the DRE..no use trying to remember.... 3 Magicians was the original, TW was a version that came out on CDr...and then the remastered version was taken directly from the maser cassette! (and what's funny is I have a review on the original Timeless Wavelength version on that site) (used to trade with Dan, the guy that started it way way back)

• Like 1

Can't praise this T4E tour bootleg enough. It gets four **** stars.

Just so you know it's not me, here is a comment from the Text Document with the boot:

If I had to take just one Rush show with me on a desert island - this would be the one. Yes, it's that good. Thanks to the DR guys for this great release.
Edited by Lorraine

This is a pretty amazing thing - just 6 hours of bootleg recordings. Super rad.

I'm sure it's amazing.(I have a pretty good idea by just looking quickly where most of these version come from) but whoever did this should know that Rush didn't tour in 1993 (Tour started in January 1994) and Vital Signs and The Trees weren't added to the Roll The Bones set until 1992.

What's a good Test For Echo tour bootleg?

Edit: Never mind. Found Great Woods & Summer Skies. :)

Again, 100% agree.

The sound is phenomenal. :) I heard things in songs from the guitar and bass on that bootleg I never heard before.

It is such a crisp and clear recording.

Again, 100% agree.

The sound is phenomenal. :) I heard things in songs from the guitar and bass on that bootleg I never heard before.

Part of this was on Different Stages. At least a few songs, I forget which ones.

Edited by EagleMoon

Again, 100% agree.

Part of this was on Different Stages. At least a few songs, I forget which ones.

2112 if I recall correctly.

Again, 100% agree.

2112 if I recall correctly.

Yeah that was one. I know there was at least one other.