Geddy Lee and the Dirkettes

JohnRogers

Since this topic has not been covered I thought I'd ask. At the Denver R40 show Geddy's vocals were great. Tulsa not so much and listening to R40 on Pandora clearly Toronto was not perfect either. What aboot lady backup vocalists. Three gals to fill in and help in spots where he is out of range, the Dirkettes.

Yay or nay???

• Like 4

I just listened to quite a few boots from this tour just to listen to the difference, since people kept saying he sounded better some nights than others, and honestly I couldn't tell much difference from the official release. His voice broke pretty much the same places every night.

Since this topic has not been covered I thought I'd ask. At the Denver R40 show Geddy's vocals were great. Tulsa not so much and listening to R40 on Pandora clearly Toronto was not perfect either. What aboot lady backup vocalists. Three gals to fill in and help in spots where he is out of range, the Dirkettes.

Yay or nay???

John Rogers, leave it to you to come up with yet another brainstorm! I think that's a good idea. Kind of like the little trio of gals The Police had on their Synchronicity tour. :cool:

;) ;)

I'm pretty sure Alex is already filling this role with his guitar..

I swear I remember times in the last decade or so when Geddy reaches for a high note Al will ring out a high note at the same time to kinda help him out. Can't think of any examples so I hope I'm not imagining this! Lol

I'm pretty sure Alex is already filling this role with his guitar..

I swear I remember times in the last decade or so when Geddy reaches for a high note Al will ring out a high note at the same time to kinda help him out. Can't think of any examples so I hope I'm not imagining this! Lol

I never noticed this, I'll have to re-watch some live tapes.