The Genesis Thread

Bigbobby10

Well, another band thread, this time it is Genesis, recently I've been listening to them more and more, and I have been loving it.

It is hard to say who I like more though, Phil or Peter.

I think Phil is better though in the long run, but a great band, not really a lot i dislike from them so far.

Opinions?

• Like 1

No question they are awesome. Mostly i still listen to the post gabriel stuff. Duke , wind & wuthering , abacab , trick of the tail and the self titled are my favorites
  • Like 3

Genesis seem to have divided opinions on this forum over the last few months.

Which period of the band do you prefer,The Gabriel Years or The Collins Years?

I don't have a problem with that particular question as i like both eras.

Favourite albums include Trespass, Selling England by the Pound,The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway,Wind and Wuthering,and Duke.

Will be interesting to see that now PC has come out of retirement,will Genesis become active in the next few years and tour again!

I suppose it all depends if Phil can drum again and will be able to tour with his own band first.

I was never able to get into these guys. Too much keyboard and pop, not enough guitars and rock.

I suppose Trick of the Tail has some good stuff on it.

Listen to Foxtrot, if you haven't already.

I was never able to get into these guys. Too much keyboard and pop, not enough guitars and rock.

I suppose Trick of the Tail has some good stuff on it.

Listen to Foxtrot, if you haven't already.

I've heard Watcher of the Skies about a thousand times over. That one they did really good with.

• Like 1

I love pretty much everything that Genesis did. Some of it more than other but none of it is bad. My favorite era is still Phil Collins. They quit being quite as pretentious and started writing more melodic songs after Peter Gabriel left. Edited by EagleMoon

I grew up listening to this band. It's still among my favorites and always will be because it introduced me to rock 'n roll. How can I forget Tony Banks' keyboards in Firth of Fifth?? - It's such an indredible sound.

I used to appreciate Peter Gabriel, but perceived Phil Collins made an excellent work. I can't choose between them too.

Tresspass, Nursery Crime, Foxtrot, A Trick of the Tail, Wind and Wuthering, Abacab, Genesis and We Can't Dance are my favorite albums.

Edited by rhyv

Well, another band thread, this time it is Genesis, recently I've been listening to them more and more, and I have been loving it.

I think Phil is better though in the long run, but a great band, not really a lot i dislike from them so far.

Opinions?

Everyone is gonna debate Phil vs Peter (YAAAAWWWWN) but I am most certainly not. There was is good and bad with both eras. You either love or hate one or both. Who cares. Genesis is one of my favorite bands of all time.

• Like 6

Opinions?

Everyone is gonna debate Phil vs Peter (YAAAAWWWWN) but I am most certainly not. There was is good and bad with both eras. You either love or hate one or both. Who cares. Genesis is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Great response, I do love both era's no doubt.

• Like 1

Right now listening to "The Cinema Show" from Selling England by the Pound, which is my favorite Gabriel era album. Their sound really came together on this one I think. More polished. Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 1

Opinions?

You are correct. There is no right or wrong, only preference.

http://worldofgenesis.com/_borders/Genesis-banner19.jpg

• Like 2

I actually like their very first effort: "From Genesis to Revelation" from 1969. Definitely a late 60s pop vibe on it. I really like this particular tune "A Place to Call My own"

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 1

hard to say what my top 5 are.

Foxtrot

Selling England...

Wind and Wuthering

Trick of the Tail

...and then there were three.

• Like 1

I only listen to Peter Gabriel Genesis. I did follow Genesis post-PG but only to Wind and Wuthering. I tried but just could not get into Genesis without Peter.

My last Genesis show.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_7662_zpscpcmimxb.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5

Opinions?

You are correct. There is no right or wrong, only preference.

http://worldofgenesis.com/_borders/Genesis-banner19.jpg

Your World Of Genesis Pic Banner is AMAZING!!!

• Like 1