Z vs Zed

fraroc

:laughing guy: Classic, Earl! :laughing guy:

Thank you my good friend! It's hard to stay original on a redundant broken record forum!!!!

Thank the Stars I have a personality!

Thank Goodness I majored in English so I know how to write!

Thank God I run a business with my father so I can be a successful turd! LOL!

!!!!NO HSUR

!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAH

Actually, I thought Zed was the freaky, leather-masked BDSM dude in Pulp Fiction. :huh:

This is Zed:

http://www.morethings.com/fan/quentin_tarantino/pulp_fiction/pulp_fiction3780.jpg

The Gimp in leather was another character.

Is that pronounced "Jimp"?

The G is silent every other Monday but only in leap years that are odd-numbered years.

• Like 1

Actually, I thought Zed was the freaky, leather-masked BDSM dude in Pulp Fiction. :huh:

This is Zed:

http://www.morethings.com/fan/quentin_tarantino/pulp_fiction/pulp_fiction3780.jpg

The G is silent every other Monday but only in leap years that are odd-numbered years.

So Gimp or Imp.

We have both.

http://www.vocalook.com/site/uploads/2014/05/gimp-ee54e5b3c86ab254c06b88b8c67b46dda440b433-s6-c30.jpg

http://i.giphy.com/ffxIKYwEwwhjy.gif

Edited by grep

This is Zed:

So Gimp or Imp.

We have both.

http://www.vocalook.com/site/uploads/2014/05/gimp-ee54e5b3c86ab254c06b88b8c67b46dda440b433-s6-c30.jpg

http://i.giphy.com/ffxIKYwEwwhjy.gif

Exactly. A Gimp always pays his debts. I mean, "i" before "e" except after "c". No, that's not a solid rule...wait, I'm confused.

FUKK IT that zebra sleeps with a chainsaw!! Lol

HAHAHAHA!! MM!!! CLASSIC!!!

FUKK IT!!!! That's what I would say!! FUKK THIS FUKKING PATHETIC LAME ASS THREAD!!!

I met a beautiful 29 year old last night and she was totally into me. I asked what her name was, she said "it's WENDY."

I wanted to die. I am totally cursed.

MM, Wendy is now my EX WIFE.

I froze in horror. Why am I telling you this?

Well my life is fukked up just like this redundant thread.

I finally meet a girl and her name is Wendy.

YYZ is my favorite instrumental and it's a repeat.

I hope you get me. I am not drunk. I don't do drugs. I am not crazy.

I am tired of being challenged in my fuckking life.

I want to be happy and free. I want to have peace of mind.

How do I find this?????

Not in some fuckking bar where a cover band called ROSES N GUNS is playing. UGH! YOU CAN'T FIND LOVE IN A BAR!!!

But this chick was 29! I'm 47!

I have so many issues! But I'm good!

Speaking about ZEBRA! Time for the "LA LA SONG!" Because I'm rambling on and on and on. RAMBLE ON! Randy Jackson loves Zed Leppelin too!!!

I'm fukked!

I should probably delete this post but at this point I just don't care.

I hope you guys just ignore this banter.

I'm ok. Just frustrated.

Love,

"The 47 Year Old Zed Virgin"

Dude I could've written most of that! I'm ready to give up finding a decent lady.. The world's fukked but I'm sitting here watching with my headphones on.

Have a little Krokus on me bud!

• Like 1

I call it YY (ZEE)

I call him Neil PERT, like the shampoo.

Doesn't mean they're not awesome or anything, I just can't change the way I've been saying these for like 25 years that's all :D

This is tangentially related to the Zee vs. Zed thing, so here goes...

Can someone tell me why we, in the English-speaking world at least, call certain countries by something other than their name? For example, there is a country called Deutschland. Why do we call it "Germany" when that is not it's name? Why do we need to Anglicize things?

I've always wondered about that, too.

Don't Germans refer to the country as Germany when speaking English??? If they want it known as Deutschland they should use that name only, it would catch on.

Like "Why why zed" has caught on stateside...Like "kah-rah-tey" [karate]...

Many state side pronounce it correctly. This example YYZ is a bit different, the song title is letters so you'll pronounce the letters as you do in your home version of English. Although I doubt Treeduck refers to the Camaro Z28 as the Zed 28.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why we, in the English-speaking world at least, call certain countries by something other than their name? For example, there is a country called Deutschland. Why do we call it "Germany" when that is not it's name? Why do we need to Anglicize things?

Don't Germans refer to the country as Germany when speaking English??? If they want it known as Deutschland they should use that name only, it would catch on.

Many state side pronounce it correctly. This example YYZ is a bit different, the song title is letters so you'll pronounce the letters as you do in your home version of English. Although I doubt Treeduck refers to the Camaro Z28 as the Zed 28.

dAtsun 280-zed? (not dAHtsun)

dAtsun 280-zed? (not dAHtsun)

You silly goose
  • Like 1

This is Zed:

I sit corrected!

I always called it YYZee. Still do.

To me it's always been (and always will be) YYZ(ee). I know it doesn't make sense to say it like that but it never occurred to me to call it YYZ(ed) before I joined this forum.

I find this interesting, since you guys are from Zed countries. May I ask why you don't say 'Zed'?

I can't speak for LittleRushmonkey, but for me, I just naturally assumed it was pronounced as YYZee - I didn't know it was pronounced any other way. Even so, it's become a habit.

I think it sounds better and my dad has always said zee so I've always said zee.

I've said Zee since 1981 so it's hard to change. I also think it sounds better

Exactly - it's a habit, and difficult to change.

• Like 1