Z vs Zed

fraroc

Quite.

I have heard Geddy say Zee, sorry.

Seemed OK to argue about nothing in 2007...

Lol, you actually took a sarcastic off the cuff comment I made and searched for a post I made years ago to show a contradiction. You are in desperate need of a life you sad, silly little man.

Who's motorcycle is this?

It's a chopper.

Who's chopper is this?

It's Zed's baby.

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

Let's express our unhappiness in the apparent retirement of our favorite band by arguing about nothing on the Internet.

Discussing stuff on an Internet Forum. How novel!

What is it about the title "therushforum.com" you do not understand? If this discussion of trivia is upsetting you try going to your safe place, stick your thumb in your mouth and wear a fresh pair of diapers.

http://fishwrecked.com/files/images/DSC05680sm.preview.JPG

Quite.

I have heard Geddy say Zee, sorry.

Seemed OK to argue about nothing in 2007...

Lol, you actually took a sarcastic off the cuff comment I made and searched for a post I made years ago to show a contradiction. You are in desperate need of a life you sad, silly little man.

Err no. The next post after me had a link to that previous thread from 2007 you twonk.

This is tangentially related to the Zee vs. Zed thing, so here goes...

Can someone tell me why we, in the English-speaking world at least, call certain countries by something other than their name? For example, there is a country called Deutschland. Why do we call it "Germany" when that is not it's name? Why do we need to Anglicize things?

I've always wondered about that, too.

I don't think the guys in the band would expect anyone to deviate from the norm (yes, I went there) when it comes to pronouncing something in the manner which they are accustomed. Didn't Six Flags used to have a ride called Z-Force? If I heard Canadians say "Zed Force" it would not bother me, that's the way they pronounce it. Not a big deal unless people make it that way. Which they do, unfortunately.

Can someone tell me why we, in the English-speaking world at least, call certain countries by something other than their name? For example, there is a country called Deutschland. Why do we call it "Germany" when that is not it's name? Why do we need to Anglicize things?

Don't Germans refer to the country as Germany when speaking English??? If they want it known as Deutschland they should use that name only, it would catch on.

Don't Germans refer to the country as Germany when speaking English??? If they want it known as Deutschland they should use that name only, it would catch on.

Like "Why why zed" has caught on stateside? Like "RomA" and "Firenze" have caught on? Like "kah-rah-tey" [karate] NOT "kah-raw-tee" has?

Maybe because you don't have Ä,Ü,Ö,SCH...in your language. :huh:

Maybe because you don't have Ä,Ü,Ö,SCH...in your language. :huh:

But we do have ae, ue, oe... :D

• Like 1

Thread title makes no sense eh.. Z and zed are the same.

Oh really?

So the name of this animal can be zebra or zedbra?

http://dailysun.bowdoin.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Zebra.jpg

it's a zebra and it's spelled with a z which is pronounced "zed".. like don't be such a hoser eh.. ;)

I see. So if a part of another word, it's zee. If standing alone, it's zed. Makes perfect sense.

I know that's how I learned my ABC's in school. Then again, I attended 1st through 12th grade and not grade 1 through grade 12. :crazy:

Wow dude its really not that hard. Canadians pronounce the letter z, "zed".. so to a Canadian the thread title is essentially "zed vs zed". This is NO reflection on how the letter is used in a word so relax.. it'll always be a zebra!

I'm just having a little fun any way hence the "ice chucker talk" ;)

FUKK IT that zebra sleeps with a chainsaw!! Lol
  • Like 1

Thread title makes no sense eh.. Z and zed are the same.

Oh really?

So the name of this animal can be zebra or zedbra?

http://dailysun.bowdoin.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Zebra.jpg

it's a zebra and it's spelled with a z which is pronounced "zed".. like don't be such a hoser eh.. ;)

I see. So if a part of another word, it's zee. If standing alone, it's zed. Makes perfect sense.

I know that's how I learned my ABC's in school. Then again, I attended 1st through 12th grade and not grade 1 through grade 12. :crazy:

Wow dude its really not that hard. Canadians pronounce the letter z, "zed".. so to a Canadian the thread title is essentially "zed vs zed". This is NO reflection on how the letter is used in a word so relax.. it'll always be a zebra!

"zee-bra" or "zeh-bra"?

Actually, I thought Zed was the freaky, leather-masked BDSM dude in Pulp Fiction. :huh:

This is Zed:

http://www.morethings.com/fan/quentin_tarantino/pulp_fiction/pulp_fiction3780.jpg

The Gimp in leather was another character.

Is that pronounced "Jimp"?

FUKK IT that zebra sleeps with a chainsaw!! Lol

HAHAHAHA!! MM!!! CLASSIC!!!

FUKK IT!!!! That's what I would say!! FUKK THIS FUKKING PATHETIC LAME ASS THREAD!!!

I met a beautiful 29 year old last night and she was totally into me. I asked what her name was, she said "it's WENDY."

I wanted to die. I am totally cursed.

MM, Wendy is now my EX WIFE.

I froze in horror. Why am I telling you this?

Well my life is fukked up just like this redundant thread.

I finally meet a girl and her name is Wendy.

YYZ is my favorite instrumental and it's a repeat.

I hope you get me. I am not drunk. I don't do drugs. I am not crazy.

I am tired of being challenged in my fuckking life.

I want to be happy and free. I want to have peace of mind.

How do I find this?????

Not in some fuckking bar where a cover band called ROSES N GUNS is playing. UGH! YOU CAN'T FIND LOVE IN A BAR!!!

But this chick was 29! I'm 47!

I have so many issues! But I'm good!

Speaking about ZEBRA! Time for the "LA LA SONG!" Because I'm rambling on and on and on. RAMBLE ON! Randy Jackson loves Zed Leppelin too!!!

I'm fukked!

I should probably delete this post but at this point I just don't care.

I hope you guys just ignore this banter.

I'm ok. Just frustrated.

Love,

"The 47 Year Old Zed Virgin"

• Like 5