What About The Voice Of Geddy Lee?

Eel Yddeg

I listened to My Favorite Headache for the first time recently. There are some really great vocal moments on all the songs from the album!

I agree.

Vocally, I think they're at least as good or better than anything he's done that's followed.

• Like 1

Here's a concert that really surprised me!

Despite being from February 1980, by which point his vocal power had mostly disappeared, he still manages to bring back some of his old power!

I think when his vocal style changed in the 80s it was a deliberate decision to sing rather than scream.
  • Like 1

I don't think so. I've listened to lots of Rush bootlegs, and I have noticed a large drop in power on the Hemispheres Tour. His voice sounds a lot weaker up high, and he struggled to sing songs like "2112" and "Cygnus X-1" that he nailed night after night on the Kings tour. By the Waves tour, he actually sounded like Donald Duck on helium, and spoke his way through "Bastille Day" and "Anthem". Edited by Eel Yddeg

I don't think so. I've listened to lots of Rush bootlegs, and I have noticed a large drop in power on the Hemispheres Tour. His voice sounds a lot weaker up high, and he struggled to sing songs like "2112" and "Cygnus X-1" that he nailed night after night on the Kings tour. By the Waves tour, he actually sounded like Donald Duck on helium, and spoke his way through "Bastille Day" and "Anthem".

I remember reading at the time that it had been a conscious choice, but who knows?