Jump to content

Segue Myles
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

I heard the one single. Crazy how much he sounds like him. Probably the only time I have ever been interested in something Sinatra related though. We never got their North American tour from 2020 rescheduled. It was among the first tours postponed then cancelled because of covid. It's funny to see them headline over Halestorm because over here that would be the opposite.

AB seem to have made a home for themselves in England haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, J2112YYZ said:

It's funny to see them headline over Halestorm because over here that would be the opposite.

I think it's great because Halestorm are totally overrated garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fridge said:

I think it's great because Halestorm are totally overrated garbage.

I agree tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I think it's great because Halestorm are totally overrated garbage.

 

I like some of their stuff. I get why they're popular. Lizzy Hale has a really strong voice. She can definitely sing. The band tours like crazy too, so they're constantly out there letting people know who they are. The music isn't the greatest but they work very hard and it has payed off for them. I'm glad that in Europe Alter Bridge is more popular though. Here they usually headline venues that fit a couple thousand people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking back in this thread. Gosh my gushing over The Last Hero.

 

that's my least fav AB album now. EASILY.  i remember i loved TLH at first.

 

it took like maybe a month for it to sink like a turd,

 

Mick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I was looking back in this thread. Gosh my gushing over The Last Hero.

 

that's my least fav AB album now. EASILY.  i remember i loved TLH at first.

 

it took like maybe a month for it to sink like a turd,

 

Mick

 

Same with me. You still watch wrestling? Edge is using The Other Side as his entrance music now instead of Metalingus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Same with me. You still watch wrestling? Edge is using The Other Side as his entrance music now instead of Metalingus.

Yes!!!!! it really works too as he's a heel now.

 

i've been waiting for another edge heel run.  he's a way better baddie IMO.

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yes!!!!! it really works too as he's a heel now.

 

i've been waiting for another edge heel run.  he's a way better baddie IMO.

 

Mick

 

Yep, one of the only things in WWE worth watching. I love how the commentators act all shocked that Edge is a bad guy again. Um, that's how he made his name as a top guy in the first place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

 

Yep, one of the only things in WWE worth watching. I love how the commentators act all shocked that Edge is a bad guy again. Um, that's how he made his name as a top guy in the first place.

 

 

it's like do they forget how evil he truly was, lol

 

People forget it's cool to like heels now.  but back then people legit hated edge.

 

i have to say though i have LOVED roman's work as a heel.  he's getting a tad stale.  bur IMO he made 2020 bearable. and paul hayman.  he's the GOAT as a manager.

 

we totatally made this a wrestling thread, lol

 

iol

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I think The Last Hero is a terrific album, and I don't hear anything remotely shameful or bad on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Personally I think The Last Hero is a terrific album, and I don't hear anything remotely shameful or bad on it.

 

It's not a bad album it's just a band going through the motions. Kind of like Blow Up Your Video from AC/DC. There's nothing wrong with the album overall, there's just nothing special going on either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

It's not a bad album it's just a band going through the motions. Kind of like Blow Up Your Video from AC/DC. There's nothing wrong with the album overall, there's just nothing special going on either.

I love the album but for me, it's where the plateaud as a band. It continues the consistency of the AB discography, but in no way improves upon anything that came before. Every album before this I feel in some way expanded upon what came before, and the album before this, Fortress, is spotless. TLH does a lot right, but doesn't offer anything new to the band's sound.

 

But taken in isolation of everything else they have done, I adore this record. It's in my top three from this band, with ABIII and Fortress.

 

Walk The Sky initially impressed me, but I actually find it a very bland album these days. 

 

I'm far more excited by what Tremonti is doing with his own band these days than I am AB.

 

Still, I hope this album is great.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if i ever i heard heard a band going through the motions it's AB on TLH.  It's like they got a checklist.

 

big hook "check"

Mark harmonizing nicely "check"

Monster solos "check"

Doublet tracked chorus of Myles "YAWWWWWWN......check"

 

and i know mark was holding back cause.......well.....A Dying Machine.bent TLH over and made it it's bitch.

 

Mick

 

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

if i ever i heard heard a band going through the motions it's AB on TLH.  It's like they got a checklist.

 

big hook "check"

Mark harmonizing nicely "check"

Monster solos "check"

Doublet tracked chorus of Myles "YAWWWWWWN......check"

 

and i know mark was holding back cause.......well.....A Dying Machine.bent TLH over and made it it's bitch.

 

Mick

 

I mean I guess I can agree on some points, but all the songs on TLH are fantastic. For me the downside is the production. And I don't play ADM anywhere near as much as TLH. I know it's overwrought at times, but that record I found to be such a rewarding listen, and I'm incredibly fond of it.

 

But yeah...the production is excessive, but I feel that about all of AB's albums.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I mean I guess I can agree on some points, but all the songs on TLH are fantastic. For me the downside is the production. And I don't play ADM anywhere near as much as TLH. I know it's overwrought at times, but that record I found to be such a rewarding listen, and I'm incredibly fond of it.

 

But yeah...the production is excessive, but I feel that about all of AB's albums.

 

we'll never see eye to eye on this one bud, lol

 

it's cool They followed it up with WTS  a mass improvement for me it'ss all good.

 

and i know you don't like WTS as much.

 

for too huge music buffs we rarely line up:biggrin:

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

we'll never see eye to eye on this one bud, lol

 

it's cool They followed it up with WTS  a mass improvement for me it'ss all good.

 

and i know you don't like WTS as much.

 

for too huge music buffs we rarely line up:biggrin:

 

Mick

I'm actually really fond of WTS. I just remember all the hype beforehand that they were taking risks and what did we get?

 

A standard AB album.

 

AB are nothing is not consistent in the quality of their output, but for all the praise I can give the last two albums, the last time they sounded exciting was in 2013 with Fortress. That's nearly ten years ago.

 

I still feel it they tried more dual vocals they would really add to their sound. Fans always beg for more Tremonti and Kennedy colabs vocally, the two singers are in my opinion the best in the game right now, but instead we just get a lot of impressive, but unfortunately soulless, Kennedy vocals. 

 

He is a remarkable singer but I feel he sounds really predictable now. I miss the more emotive singing of the early days, when it sounded more honest and less showing off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm actually really fond of WTS. I just remember all the hype beforehand that they were taking risks and what did we get?

 

A standard AB album.

 

AB are nothing is not consistent in the quality of their output, but for all the praise I can give the last two albums, the last time they sounded exciting was in 2013 with Fortress. That's nearly ten years ago.

 

I still feel it they tried more dual vocals they would really add to their sound. Fans always beg for more Tremonti and Kennedy colabs vocally, the two singers are in my opinion the best in the game right now, but instead we just get a lot of impressive, but unfortunately soulless, Kennedy vocals. 

 

He is a remarkable singer but I feel he sounds really predictable now. I miss the more emotive singing of the early days, when it sounded more honest and less showing off.

 

 

you right there you kinda (inadvertantly? lol) proved my point about about TLH.

 

It's predictable cookie cutter.

 

 I felt WTS ay least had some life too it.  the songs are punchier they get to the point quicker.  it's an hour but it feels 45 minutes to me.

 

having said that....it ain't a patch on anything Tremonti does.

 

 

Mick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

you right there you kinda (inadvertantly? lol) proved my point about about TLH.

 

It's predictable cookie cutter.

 

 I felt WTS ay least had some life too it.  the songs are punchier they get to the point quicker.  it's an hour but it feels 45 minutes to me.

 

having said that....it ain't a patch on anything Tremonti does.

 

 

Mick

I feel we both have a favourite of the last two albums, but neither are really anything new for the band.

 

WTS has better production than TLH, but I felt the material was even more by the numbers. TLH was full throttle and I definitely get that's a flaw for some. I both love TLH a lot and find myself wishing it was better. 

 

But hey, sometimes we love the underdog albums 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I feel we both have a favourite of the last two albums, but neither are really anything new for the band.

 

WTS has better production than TLH, but I felt the material was even more by the numbers. TLH was full throttle and I definitely get that's a flaw for some. I both love TLH a lot and find myself wishing it was better. 

 

But hey, sometimes we love the underdog albums 😂

 

yup i just read that i was like flip everything in that statement around for me,:icon_really_happy_guy:

 

i love our music chats.

 

Mick

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2022 at 11:29 AM, Segue Myles said:

Oh that would be amazing!!!

 

Have you heard Tremonti's Sinatra project? I am loving it!

eagerly awaiting my (blue) vinyl!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...