Segue Myles

ok being honest. the past couple tracks have lost me a TAD.

Twilight

Island of fools

But it's fine. still a class A album

Mick

It's a long album...I need several listens to make a judgement.

I remember with Fortress I didn't like three songs initially.

It's why i'm not really huge on albums over the say 50 min mark.

it can be done brilliantly but you need a GREAT batch of songs.

Mick

Overall first listen

8/10

i can't go perfect......it's not. damn those 2 songs.

but it was still my fav. AB listen

We'll see what repeated plays does.

Mick

It's probably not gonna touch me like ABIII but...first listen it's the most I've enjoyed a new release this year

• Like 1

Oh shit, the album has leaked already?

Is it 2007 again? They never leak this early anymore.

Not surprised it happened though considering there's already been listening partys and reviews.

Want the link?

Oh shit, the album has leaked already?

Is it 2007 again? They never leak this early anymore.

Not surprised it happened though considering there's already been listening partys and reviews.

Want the link?

Nah, I got it covered.

Will be listening to it soon.

• Like 1

OK played it again...it's not my favourite. ABIII and Fortress still hold the top two!

But I can't really choose between the last three. With AB it's all loved to death by me...so it's in tied third position as of now, which is absolutely incredible to me!

I've replayed it twice more.......while still amazing. it falls off big time on the back end of it for me.

they could have easily shaved a bit off the record and it would have been much tighter.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Very much enjoyed my first listen. Can't say I like it better than their other albums yet though. Don't think they'll ever beat AB III.

I find it funny that Mick is now just realising what a great player Tremonti is. His playing has always been what makes this band great for me.

• Like 2

Very much enjoyed my first listen. Can't say I like it better than their other albums yet though. Don't think they'll ever beat AB III.

I find it funny that Mick is now just realising what a great player Tremonti is. His playing has always been what makes this band great for me.

Tremonti is a god to me

I've replayed it twice more.......while still amazing. it falls off big time on the back end of it for me.

they could have easily shaved a bit off the record and it would have been much tighter.

Mick

Funny although I agree...I actually really like the second half.

It's just the album feels so long it loses impact.

But I'm not sure I've ever been 100% satisfied with the flow of an AB album.

• Like 1

it's like i told Segue. his playing never jumped out at me on the previous albums. it was fine for what they were doing. but mind blowing........no.

since his solo projects he's really blossomed. Culminating in this new recored.

Mick

• Like 1

Tremonti and Myles together is magic.

I sorta don't feel that vibe as much on this album but you know what, after absolutely adoring Dust this year, I am eased to have more top notch Tremonti!

• Like 1

I sorta don't feel that vibe as much on this album but you know what, after absolutely adoring Dust this year, I am eased to have more top notch Tremonti!

it's what i pointed out......i think the new Album is tremonti FEATURING AB.

Myles is overshadowed a whole lot on this record. after 4 listens i still can't focus on his voice.

Mick

it's what i pointed out......i think the new Album is tremonti FEATURING AB.

Myles is overshadowed a whole lot on this record. after 4 listens i still can't focus on his voice.

Mick

Dunno...he stepped up but this is still very much an Alter Bridge album to me. Like...through and through...I'm not someone who ever overlooked Tremonti...he's always been my favourite part of this band.

• Like 1

I've listened to this recored about six times well absored in me already.

So my rankings

1. AB III

2. The Last Hero

3. Fortress

4. One Day Remains

5. Blackbird.

It was extremely easy to get a handle on the new album Cause their a pretty Straight forward band.

Mick

I've listened to this recored about six times well absored in me already.

So my rankings

1. AB III

2. The Last Hero

3. Fortress

4. One Day Remains

5. Blackbird.

It was extremely easy to get a handle on the new album Cause their a pretty Straight forward band.

Mick

Yeah without being bland...I love how they blend complexity with simplicity. It's like they are showing off AND teaching mainstream rock bands a thing or two about real music.

The new album is top three for me. I'm not sure it has any highs I enjoy as much as the best of Fortress.

• Like 1

The new album is starting to overtake my life...Myles voice is really impressive, I think this is vocally his best work yet whilst the guitar interplay is off the scale.

Still my vote for best rock band of our era!

I think the Last Hero title track is a masterpiece. Best song on the album. Island Of Fools, You Will Be Remembered and Crows On A Wire....all fab!

The second half of this album is my favourite section of this album!

I think the Last Hero title track is a masterpiece. Best song on the album. Island Of Fools, You Will Be Remembered and Crows On A Wire....all fab!

The second half of this album is my favourite section of this album!

me.......flip that opinion, lol.

i know shocker Right, lol

Mick