Segue Myles

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I heard the one single. Crazy how much he sounds like him. Probably the only time I have ever been interested in something Sinatra related though. We never got their North American tour from 2020 rescheduled. It was among the first tours postponed then cancelled because of covid. It's funny to see them headline over Halestorm because over here that would be the opposite.

AB seem to have made a home for themselves in England haha

On 4/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, J2112YYZ said:

It's funny to see them headline over Halestorm because over here that would be the opposite.

I think it's great because Halestorm are totally overrated garbage.

Just now, Fridge said:

I agree tbh

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I like some of their stuff. I get why they're popular. Lizzy Hale has a really strong voice. She can definitely sing. The band tours like crazy too, so they're constantly out there letting people know who they are. The music isn't the greatest but they work very hard and it has payed off for them. I'm glad that in Europe Alter Bridge is more popular though. Here they usually headline venues that fit a couple thousand people.

• Like 1

I was looking back in this thread. Gosh my gushing over The Last Hero.

that's my least fav AB album now. EASILY.  i remember i loved TLH at first.

it took like maybe a month for it to sink like a turd,

Mick

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I was looking back in this thread. Gosh my gushing over The Last Hero.

that's my least fav AB album now. EASILY.  i remember i loved TLH at first.

it took like maybe a month for it to sink like a turd,

Mick

Same with me. You still watch wrestling? Edge is using The Other Side as his entrance music now instead of Metalingus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Same with me. You still watch wrestling? Edge is using The Other Side as his entrance music now instead of Metalingus.

Yes!!!!! it really works too as he's a heel now.

i've been waiting for another edge heel run.  he's a way better baddie IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yes!!!!! it really works too as he's a heel now.

i've been waiting for another edge heel run.  he's a way better baddie IMO.

Mick

Yep, one of the only things in WWE worth watching. I love how the commentators act all shocked that Edge is a bad guy again. Um, that's how he made his name as a top guy in the first place.

• Like 1

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Yep, one of the only things in WWE worth watching. I love how the commentators act all shocked that Edge is a bad guy again. Um, that's how he made his name as a top guy in the first place.

it's like do they forget how evil he truly was, lol

People forget it's cool to like heels now.  but back then people legit hated edge.

i have to say though i have LOVED roman's work as a heel.  he's getting a tad stale.  bur IMO he made 2020 bearable. and paul hayman.  he's the GOAT as a manager.

we totatally made this a wrestling thread, lol

iol

Personally I think The Last Hero is a terrific album, and I don't hear anything remotely shameful or bad on it.

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Personally I think The Last Hero is a terrific album, and I don't hear anything remotely shameful or bad on it.

It's not a bad album it's just a band going through the motions. Kind of like Blow Up Your Video from AC/DC. There's nothing wrong with the album overall, there's just nothing special going on either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's not a bad album it's just a band going through the motions. Kind of like Blow Up Your Video from AC/DC. There's nothing wrong with the album overall, there's just nothing special going on either.

I love the album but for me, it's where the plateaud as a band. It continues the consistency of the AB discography, but in no way improves upon anything that came before. Every album before this I feel in some way expanded upon what came before, and the album before this, Fortress, is spotless. TLH does a lot right, but doesn't offer anything new to the band's sound.

But taken in isolation of everything else they have done, I adore this record. It's in my top three from this band, with ABIII and Fortress.

Walk The Sky initially impressed me, but I actually find it a very bland album these days. 

I'm far more excited by what Tremonti is doing with his own band these days than I am AB.

Still, I hope this album is great.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

if i ever i heard heard a band going through the motions it's AB on TLH.  It's like they got a checklist.

big hook "check"

Mark harmonizing nicely "check"

Monster solos "check"

Doublet tracked chorus of Myles "YAWWWWWWN......check"

and i know mark was holding back cause.......well.....A Dying Machine.bent TLH over and made it it's bitch.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

if i ever i heard heard a band going through the motions it's AB on TLH.  It's like they got a checklist.

big hook "check"

Mark harmonizing nicely "check"

Monster solos "check"

Doublet tracked chorus of Myles "YAWWWWWWN......check"

and i know mark was holding back cause.......well.....A Dying Machine.bent TLH over and made it it's bitch.

Mick

I mean I guess I can agree on some points, but all the songs on TLH are fantastic. For me the downside is the production. And I don't play ADM anywhere near as much as TLH. I know it's overwrought at times, but that record I found to be such a rewarding listen, and I'm incredibly fond of it.

But yeah...the production is excessive, but I feel that about all of AB's albums.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I mean I guess I can agree on some points, but all the songs on TLH are fantastic. For me the downside is the production. And I don't play ADM anywhere near as much as TLH. I know it's overwrought at times, but that record I found to be such a rewarding listen, and I'm incredibly fond of it.

But yeah...the production is excessive, but I feel that about all of AB's albums.

we'll never see eye to eye on this one bud, lol

it's cool They followed it up with WTS  a mass improvement for me it'ss all good.

and i know you don't like WTS as much.

for too huge music buffs we rarely line up:biggrin:

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

we'll never see eye to eye on this one bud, lol

it's cool They followed it up with WTS  a mass improvement for me it'ss all good.

and i know you don't like WTS as much.

for too huge music buffs we rarely line up:biggrin:

Mick

I'm actually really fond of WTS. I just remember all the hype beforehand that they were taking risks and what did we get?

A standard AB album.

AB are nothing is not consistent in the quality of their output, but for all the praise I can give the last two albums, the last time they sounded exciting was in 2013 with Fortress. That's nearly ten years ago.

I still feel it they tried more dual vocals they would really add to their sound. Fans always beg for more Tremonti and Kennedy colabs vocally, the two singers are in my opinion the best in the game right now, but instead we just get a lot of impressive, but unfortunately soulless, Kennedy vocals. 

He is a remarkable singer but I feel he sounds really predictable now. I miss the more emotive singing of the early days, when it sounded more honest and less showing off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm actually really fond of WTS. I just remember all the hype beforehand that they were taking risks and what did we get?

A standard AB album.

AB are nothing is not consistent in the quality of their output, but for all the praise I can give the last two albums, the last time they sounded exciting was in 2013 with Fortress. That's nearly ten years ago.

I still feel it they tried more dual vocals they would really add to their sound. Fans always beg for more Tremonti and Kennedy colabs vocally, the two singers are in my opinion the best in the game right now, but instead we just get a lot of impressive, but unfortunately soulless, Kennedy vocals. 

He is a remarkable singer but I feel he sounds really predictable now. I miss the more emotive singing of the early days, when it sounded more honest and less showing off.

you right there you kinda (inadvertantly? lol) proved my point about about TLH.

It's predictable cookie cutter.

I felt WTS ay least had some life too it.  the songs are punchier they get to the point quicker.  it's an hour but it feels 45 minutes to me.

having said that....it ain't a patch on anything Tremonti does.

Mick

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

you right there you kinda (inadvertantly? lol) proved my point about about TLH.

It's predictable cookie cutter.

I felt WTS ay least had some life too it.  the songs are punchier they get to the point quicker.  it's an hour but it feels 45 minutes to me.

having said that....it ain't a patch on anything Tremonti does.

Mick

I feel we both have a favourite of the last two albums, but neither are really anything new for the band.

WTS has better production than TLH, but I felt the material was even more by the numbers. TLH was full throttle and I definitely get that's a flaw for some. I both love TLH a lot and find myself wishing it was better. 

But hey, sometimes we love the underdog albums 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I feel we both have a favourite of the last two albums, but neither are really anything new for the band.

WTS has better production than TLH, but I felt the material was even more by the numbers. TLH was full throttle and I definitely get that's a flaw for some. I both love TLH a lot and find myself wishing it was better. 

But hey, sometimes we love the underdog albums 😂

yup i just read that i was like flip everything in that statement around for me,:icon_really_happy_guy:

i love our music chats.

Mick

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 11:29 AM, Segue Myles said:

Oh that would be amazing!!!

Have you heard Tremonti's Sinatra project? I am loving it!

eagerly awaiting my (blue) vinyl!

• Like 1

They announced another US leg of the tour and opening night will be here! The last time they were supposed to come here the original covid lockdown cancelled that. I was hoping they would try to come here again. Outdoor summer concert on the shore of lake Erie. Very cool spot for a show. I have no clue why more bands don't play there. I've seen Alice Cooper and Guns N Roses at the same location.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

They announced another US leg of the tour and opening night will be here! The last time they were supposed to come here the original covid lockdown cancelled that. I was hoping they would try to come here again. Outdoor summer concert on the shore of lake Erie. Very cool spot for a show. I have no clue why more bands don't play there. I've seen Alice Cooper and Guns N Roses at the same location.

I might see you there if you're going.

Edited by Union 5-3992

I saw them the other night for the first time since the AB III tour. Very good show at a nice outdoor concert stage set up near Lake Erie here in Buffalo. The parking situation was a bit of a bitch and the location of the stage is buried behind a bunch of trees and shit so you can't even see from the road where the stage is. Poor signage didn't help and the only reason anyone knew something was going on was by seeing all the cars parked along the main road outside of the location. It was probably about a mile walk from where I parked to where the stage was. They really buried that thing back there. Nice setup for summer concerts but there are definitely some things they need to work on. Especially for those like me who weren't aware that they changed the location of where the stage used to be. The older location was easier to find.

I missed Mammoth WVH due to me not knowing where the hell I was going at first. I've lived in this city my whole life. Why the f**k can't I find this stage?😄

Sevendust was the other opener. They were good and they have been around for a while and did have some popular songs 20 something years ago. So I'm familiar with some of their stuff but there's never been anything I've heard from them that really hooked me.

Alter Bridge put on a very good show. Something seemed off on the sound during the first few songs. Myles had to switch mics during Broken Wings and everything ran smoothly after. Maybe he couldn't hear himself well enough during the first three songs and that was the problem. This was the first show of this leg of the tour so I wasn't surprised that there was a technical issue or two. Still everything sounded great overall. I was hoping for another song or two from the new album. They only did three. I thought they were playing This Is War during this tour but they didn't play it here. Letting the crowd sing the chorus of Broken Wings is a great show highlight. I recorded clips of a few songs on my phone and except for my out of tune voice singing over everything they turned out good. I don't normally do much video/photo stuff during concerts so I'm no expert in using my phone for that kind of thing. I guess people who record/stream shows don't sing along? Thanks for being so boring that you can keep silent during a concert so the rest of us can enjoy it 😹

So, this doesn't happen to me too often at concerts but I did get misty eyed when they did In Loving Memory. Mark wrote that about losing his mom. I lost my mom to cancer a few years before that song was released so it has always hit me deeper than a lot of songs do. Blackbird is always a highlight but Myles isn't even trying to hold that long note at the end anymore. I get it. He's in his 50s now and that would probably kill his voice to do that at every show still. Mark's solo is the main event in that song and he nailed it. Pawns and Kings went over really well. It made me think that if they did more off it the crowd would be very receptive to the songs. The only thing I would change is that I would make Metalingus the show closer and Rise Today as the main set closer. It would have the show end with more of a bang. Plus, Metalingus has always had a this is it, finale kind of feel to me. Still I would highly recommend going to see them. They still bring it live. I didn't really have any problems with Myles voice like Segue had mentioned recently. He does do the nasal thing a lot now but I didn't notice him belting anything.

The set for anyone who cares.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bridge/2023/buffalo-outer-harbor-buffalo-ny-23a430d7.html

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1