Best part of the R40 DVD / Blu-ray / CD...

ALifeson85

CLEARLY is the mid-section of the 2nd set...Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres, Cygnus X-1, CTTH, and Xanadu. :yes:

Ok - well the entire 2nd set was pretty much epic - but that particular section of the...KILLER! Just MY opinion... ;)

• Like 11

2nd set is glorious. Between The Wheels, Losing it and Subdivisions.

And Eugene Levy (Wow.......wow).

That is all.

Edited by Todem

Well, that second set and in particular Jacob's Ladder through Xanadu was the best part of R40 Live for me as well! But how 'bout that Losing It?

The one with Ben Mink that is...cause just my opinion, that performance was better captured than the one with Jonathan Dinklage (that one was a tad rough performance and production wise for my tastes but the Dink totally nailed that solo and made it his own though!)

Oh, and also Alex with his now infamous "F**k you puppet!" line. :yes:

Main Monkey Business is a bit of an underrated track. I know it puts some folks to sleep but Neil's drumming is interesting and Alex has a good solo in the middle of it

The way they performed it live all summer gave me a new fondness for it; I really enjoyed Alex's work in it as well. :)

• Like 1

Main Monkey Business is a bit of an underrated track. I know it puts some folks to sleep but Neil's drumming is interesting and Alex has a good solo in the middle of it

The way they performed it live all summer gave me a new fondness for it; I really enjoyed Alex's work in it as well. :)

I preferred the R40 version because it was all electric guitar unlike the S&A Tour.

• Like 2

CLEARLY is the mid-section of the 2nd set...Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres, Cygnus X-1, CTTH, and Xanadu. :yes:

Ok - well the entire 2nd set was pretty much epic - but that particular section of the...KILLER! Just MY opinion... ;)

Agreed, and I'd include 2112 in there as well since they played such a big chunk of it. Alex's solo right before Grand Finale is badass.

I liked the song before this tour but I really enjoyed hearing it live too.

• Like 1

The first set, film shorts and the light show save this DVD. The passion and fury isn't as consistent in the second set.

How can we take anyone seriously who won't even divulge their gender?

;)

The first set, film shorts and the light show save this DVD. The passion and fury isn't as consistent in the second set.

How can we take anyone seriously who won't even divulge their gender?

;)

Depends on the day. ha ha.

Geddy's bass collection is another reason to own this DVD too. Forgot about that. And clearly the band is having a blast most of the time. So there's that.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 2

I liked the song before this tour but I really enjoyed hearing it live too.

I never liked it, being a well-known despiser of anything Snakes, except Farcry. But Monkey was really pretty stinkin good this tour. I liked it. :outtahere:

• Like 2

I've stil to check out what bass Geddy is using on Hemisphere and Cygnus X:1 but that sounds the dogs bit to me.

Just awesome.

Red jazz bass with rosewood fingerboard.