The Official Foo Fighters Thread

The Cat 3

http://therockrevival.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Foo-Fighters-Banner.jpg

I started a Foo Fighters Marathon today.

I just love this band...I was a casual fan at first, but my love for them was sealed when "One By One" was released.

In my opinion, with the decline of the music industry proper, the Foo Fighters might just be the last great "big" rock and roll band...and deservedly so.

Great music, great songs...just consistent rock and roll!

I love their love and appreciation for music as well.

I once said that if Dave Grohl wasn't a big time rock and roller, he'd probably be here posting with us about his love for music.

I had the opportunity to meet the band (when "Wasting Light" came out) and spend a little time with them...super nice guys as well.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions?

• Like 6

Best concert I have ever been too.

But their studio work bores me to death!

Great band, great songs, but for me, only if they are live (at the concert, or on DVD, or on CD, no matter the format, live is best!).

Edited by Segue Myles

Dave Grohl is rock music's ambassador. The man is everywhere, pretty much doing everything. And with a smile on his face.

My family attended the Foo Fighters concert at Citi Field this past summer. The crowd seemed confused when members of Bad Brains came on stage to perform. I thought it was funny as hell. A great night.

Foo Fighters are an incredibly consistent band. And infectious.

Good stuff.

They earned the ReRushed seal of approval.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

As big as they are I still feel they are underrated.

I have to admit, I really liked what I heard from their first three albums when they came out, but didn't really give them a fair listen. "Oh yeah, the guy from Nirvana has a side gig, etc." Glad I came around.

I think some of the stuff they have been doing recently is quite interesting, but their earlier work I find quite bland and generic.

Dave Grohl is talented, but he's no Kurt Cobain.

I think some of the stuff they have been doing recently is quite interesting, but their earlier work I find quite bland and generic.

Dave Grohl is talented, but he's no Kurt Cobain.

I am the complete opposite. I like the first 4 albums. They lost me after that.

Dave Grohl is rock music's ambassador. The man is everywhere, pretty much doing everything. And with a smile on his face.

My family attended the Foo Fighters concert at Citi Field this past summer. The crowd seemed confused when members of Bad Brains came on stage to perform. I thought it was funny as hell. A great night.

Good stuff.

This is a problem i have with them nowadays. The fanbase back in thew 90s were very much sort of undergorund, alternative, punk etc ..Doesnt surprise me at all that no one knew , or caed, who Bad Brains were...They have become the go to band for soccer moms who want to " rock out "

I like them live, like Segue said, that's where they excel. Their studio albums have been getting progressively better. They started off quite bland with albums of average stuff with a hit or two thrown in.
  • Like 2

Not my thing.......i've tried but does not capture me at all. Dave Grohl's a cool guy though.

Mick

I loved them live! I went for the support acts (Jimmy Eat World and Biffy Clyro), so to have them blow me away with songs I found boring on the radio was both unexpected and awesome!

• Like 1

I think their most recent two are their best two.

Oh, also, they have a new five song EP coming out this next Friday.

I agree, my favorites are probably the last two albums and maybe the debut. But other than that, I'm not huge on them. I'm a bigger fan of Queens of the Stone Age. Love Dave's work with them too

With that, everyone should take it on faith that FF are just fantastic...you (seriously) have superior and varied taste in music.

No need to convince me

I saw them a few times. My favorite time at Roseland Ballroon NYC 1996. They blew my face off... and I liked it.

Dave is a musical talent like no other.

• Like 1

With that, everyone should take it on faith that FF are just fantastic...you (seriously) have superior and varied taste in music.

No need to convince me

I saw them a few times. My favorite time at Roseland Ballroon NYC 1996. They blew my face off... and I liked it.

Dave is a musical talent like no other.

I was inspired by your Foo Fighters spin yesterday to start a Foo Fighters marathon today.

I remember first hearing the Foos on the Seton Hall College radio station. WSOU is a heavy metal station but back then, the played a lot of grunge-type music too. I ran right out and bought it. FF fan ever since.
  • Like 1

Good stuff.

I really respect Grohl. He gets it, and embraces the full spectrum of rock. His HBO show was great!
  • Like 2

Love, love, love Foo Fighters. For some reason it took awhile for me to warm up to them but once I got it I was all in. Love the last two albums especially. They are getting the most play around here, but I may have to have a marathon day and listen to them all. I like to listen in chronological order of course. :ebert:
  • Like 1