Neil's Replacement

Mieko8

Why can't you people just let it go?

No shit TF! I used to think it was fun to fantasize about a new drummer in Rush but man it's getting so fukking old.

The boys should never EVER play with a different drummer!

Show some respect to the greatest drummer/lyricist on the planet Earth!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

I nominate Deen Castronovo. He's into drugs like Neil, he's shown the police how he can handle his wife, he looks like shit these days so he won't embarrass Alex and Geddy by looking too good and he drum like a maniac, and he can sing so he can do the high parts that Geddy can't reach/ And his criminal record will give the band a new edginess that they need! :smoke:
  • Like 2

No shit TF! I used to think it was fun to fantasize about a new drummer in Rush but man it's getting so fukking old.

Are you referring to yourself, Earl? ;)

• Like 1

Without knowing for sure what Neil's plans are, it'd be interesting to think about this whole thing from Neil's perspective.... Let's assume for a moment that Neil has chosen to retire outright.... not to record anything new, and not to tour anymore. If he were to choose that, it's his choice entirely. With that being the case, I can't imagine for a moment that he'd have any issue at all with either Ged or Al recording solo albums, or co-writing new material together and recording it with another drummer. I just don't think if they were to do so, that it would be under the name Rush. I just can't see it. Surely Neil wouldn't begrudge Ged and Al their right to write, record and tour if they're interested in doing so. From my perspective, I say let Neil do what he wants, and let Ged and Al do what they want... and if it happens to be that G&A record new material with another drummer, under a different band name, then that's fine with me.

Calling Mike Portnoy!

Yes!! Call Portnoy! Neil'd change his mind and agree to tour.. no way he'd let that shit happen..!

• Like 1

Are you referring to yourself, Earl? ;)

Hahahahaha!!! Good one Lorraine!

Sure! I would love to play with Geddy and Alex.

Signed,

Hypocrite :)

• Like 1

Calling Mike Portnoy!

Yes!! Call Portnoy! Neil'd change his mind and agree to tour.. no way he'd let that shit happen..!

Part of me hopes that Portnoy gets the call to record a new album and tour with Alex and Geddy.

I would buy the record but I wouldn't spend a red sector A cent on that fukking tour.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I nominate Deen Castronovo. He's into drugs like Neil, he's shown the police how he can handle his wife, he looks like shit these days so he won't embarrass Alex and Geddy by looking too good and he drum like a maniac, and he can sing so he can do the high parts that Geddy can't reach/ And his criminal record will give the band a new edginess that they need! :smoke:

You are hilarious man!!! Deen is the solid drummer in the worthless band Journey right? Better than Todd from STYX?

Well at least Deen can sing better than Neil and especially that twerp camel spitting midget tit Portnoy.

I will never understand why Boys To Men whet their wet pink whistle missiles to Cap't Blue Balls Beard.

Blow your loads young Dream Cream Theater Captains Of The Modern Nerd Industry Of Darth Mauls and shopping malls.

Be cool or be cast out!

Go boy go.

Love your Portnoy.

Love him until he warms up to you.

Lust for him with drumsticks in your bowling bowl holes in one.

Open up and say AHHHHHH!

Stick it inside your Rickki Rockett and make love to Mikey under a glass moon.

You Loons

You cartoons!

So tired of this camel called Mike.

One hump or two?

One lump or three?

Take a fukking hike dude,

You can't have something for nothing,

You can't have freedom for free...........

This is bullshit! I rather see them all quit then replace Neil. It's just not Rush whitout all 3 togheter. If they have to record then Al and Ged should just do another solo album. On their own. Not togheter!
  • Like 4

This is bullshit! I rather see them all quit then replace Neil. It's just not Rush whitout all 3 togheter. If they have to record then Al and Ged should just do another solo album. On their own. Not togheter!

they were playing together for years before they even knew neil, it's ridiculous to say they shouldn't play together anymore just because neil wants to retire.

• Like 1

they were playing together for years before they even knew neil, it's ridiculous to say they shouldn't play together anymore just because neil wants to retire.

But they did not make it until Neil joined.

Imagine logging onto TRF one morning and seeing this, "MIKE PORTNOY: I'm so stoked to be sitting on Neil's drumstool, this is gonna be one amazing tour."

There's every chance my brain would fart out through my ears and I would suffer a rectal prolapse. That's the least that would happen.

I think they would have still made it without Neil.

I doubt they would have ever come close to their peaks without Neil. He seems to have unlocked their imaginations and really helped push Ged & Alex to high heights through his lyrics and their friendship. Geddy & Neil shared a very close songwriting relationship too. Though Neil didn't compose the music, he and Geddy still had to work very intimately to form their rhythm section

it doesn't matter whether or not they would have made it without neil. even if it could be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that neil was the key to their success, there still isn't any reason why they shouldn't play together without him.
  • Like 1

It could never be Rush without Ged or Al, but I do believe they could still be Rush with another drummer. They did it once already, they could do it again. How many people have gone in and out of the Stones, and the Who? Page and Plant have worked together without Bonham. Geddy and Al should move on with someone else if they still want to play IMHO.

Geddy and Alex invented a band called Rush...Neil Peart's drumming and lyrics created the nearly half century phenomenon known today as Rush.

Without Neil Peart, it's merely a Rush cover band.

Edited by Snyder80
  • Like 2

No. its their band and they've all said there's no replacing any member because that's how they feel about it.. it's ridiculous for a random person on a fan site to even think that not following their hearts is ridiculous. We're not talking about Kiss here don't forget ;)

..had no idea my above post would end up right under a Peter criss pic lol. Peters cool.. ace too lol

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/alex-lifeson-confirms-rushs-retirement-from-touring/

I saw this earlier today. I'm so incredibly heart broken about this, but in a highly selfish way. These men have been inspirational, father like, and incredibly wonderful to have had the privilege to see a few times.

Rest is well deserved .

I just want to be selfish for a few ore moments....

Edited by Alsgalpal

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/alex-lifeson-confirms-rushs-retirement-from-touring/

I saw this earlier today. I'm so incredibly heart broken about this, but in a highly selfish way. These men have been inspirational, father like, and incredibly wonderful to have had the privilege to see a few times.

Rest is we deserve .

I just want to be selfish for a few ore moments....

Sorry but this has been a long time coming. Shouldn't be any surprise.