Neil's Replacement

Mieko8

I'm inclined to agree with Jaminbenb, if they tour without Neil they're going to be a completely new band.

The Lifeson-Lee Experience!

This is wrong- we all know they will be in a 5 piece called ELLPL

EMERSON, LEE, LAKE, PALMER, AND LIFESON

Now THAT would be interesting!

I'd pay big bucks to see that.

• Like 4

I'm inclined to agree with Jaminbenb, if they tour without Neil they're going to be a completely new band.

You know, I would too. That would be a real two-for-one, and i bet they would make quite an interesting sound together.

In any event, if Alex and Geddy are ever at a loss as to what to do with themselves without Neil, they can always consult the many threads we have that are overflowing with suggestions for them. :)

You know, I would too. That would be a real two-for-one, and i bet they would make quite an interesting sound together.

In any event, if Alex and Geddy are ever at a loss as to what to do with themselves without Neil, they can always consult the many threads we have that are overflowing with suggestions for them. :)

Yeah like they'd take suggestions from anyone here. ;)

• Like 1

Terrible idea.

Carl Palmer is a total t**t and Lake is persona non grata. ELP were shite when they were supposed to be good.

Terrible idea.

Carl Palmer is a total t**t and Lake is persona non grata. ELP were shite when they were supposed to be good.

You're entitled to your opinion. Not everyone likes the same things.

• Like 1

Terrible idea.

Palmer is probably one of the few drummers that has actual technique and can still play his ass off...granted, he's played the same drum solo for 40 years, but the guy can play!

Lake is purportedly having some medical issues at this point in time, which is why he's not visible.

• Like 2

What was wrong with Emerson, Lake & Palmer?

Love Beach pretty much sucked.... (except for Memoir's of an Officer and a Gentleman, and Canario) Other than that, it was all pretty amazing!

I'm not familiar with that, only their first few albums, but I thought they were good. They filled a void that we had for a year or two during the seventies when there wasn't much going on musically (at least that I was aware of).

Love Beach pretty much sucked.... (except for Memoir's of an Officer and a Gentleman, and Canario) Other than that, it was all pretty amazing!

I'm not familiar with that, only their first few albums, but I thought they were good. They filled a void that we had for a year or two during the seventies when there wasn't much going on musically (at least that I was aware of).

There's nothing wrong with them. Tony just likes to stir things up.

Love Beach was a "contractual obligation" album that (IIRC) was made up of some left over stuff they never released, and a few quickly written things. I think it was released in 1978-79 and had what looked like a "disco album" looking cover on it with them all standing there with their shirts opened... pretty pathetic... This was the last album they released before they sort of called it quits for a bunch of years..I think the next album was Emerson Lake and Powell, then Three before they all got back together and did Black Moon (which wasn't actually half bad)

Did everyone watch the new video of Ged and Al with Rolling Stone? This time they were more forthcoming with the truth about what's going on. Clearly, they want to record and tour. Clearly, Neil is resistant and possibly ready to retire. So, I dare ask the question and let the daggers fly.

Any chance they would continue with a new drummer? If they want to continue, why let one person sink the ship? You could see in the interview how frustrated Geddy is with Neil. Surely there's lots of banter behind the scenes, or complete radio silence.

I'll say this, they gave up their careers for Neil and waited 4 years for him to grieve, and that was the right thing to do. The least he could do in return would be to give them another record and a proper farewell tour. I'd venture to say he's selfish and doesn't care how they feel or what they want, or the fans.

No chance they continue as RUSH without Neil. If it's not the 3 of them, it's not RUSH.

• Like 1

Love Beach was a "contractual obligation" album that (IIRC) was made up of some left over stuff they never released, and a few quickly written things. I think it was released in 1978-79 and had what looked like a "disco album" looking cover on it with them all standing there with their shirts opened... pretty pathetic... This was the last album they released before they sort of called it quits for a bunch of years..I think the next album was Emerson Lake and Powell, then Three before they all got back together and did Black Moon (which wasn't actually half bad)

I actually liked that album and saw them on that tour. Great show.

Better yet:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m_i3_MAm523Xb81oC_hhkYw.jpg

Don't laugh...it did a pretty cool version of Mystic Rhythms!

Holy shit!!! Those were AWESOME!!! I had my plywood ludwigs and one of those on a stand next to my hi hat when I was 13. That f***ing rawked.

Better yet:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m_i3_MAm523Xb81oC_hhkYw.jpg

Don't laugh...it did a pretty cool version of Mystic Rhythms!

Holy shit!!! Those were AWESOME!!! I had my plywood ludwigs and one of those on a stand next to my hi hat when I was 13. That f***ing rawked.

I had a friend that used it as his "clap trap". We were messing around with it one day and I started playing the Mystic Rhythms drum part, and it was pretty cool!

There's a townhall interview / meeting today with "Rush" - only Geddy and Alex are appearing. Does this mean it's not really Rush if Neil's not there? Looks to me like they are Rush when Neil isn't there!!!

Did everyone watch the new video of Ged and Al with Rolling Stone? This time they were more forthcoming with the truth about what's going on. Clearly, they want to record and tour. Clearly, Neil is resistant and possibly ready to retire. So, I dare ask the question and let the daggers fly.

Any chance they would continue with a new drummer? If they want to continue, why let one person sink the ship? You could see in the interview how frustrated Geddy is with Neil. Surely there's lots of banter behind the scenes, or complete radio silence.

I'll say this, they gave up their careers for Neil and waited 4 years for him to grieve, and that was the right thing to do. The least he could do in return would be to give them another record and a proper farewell tour. I'd venture to say he's selfish and doesn't care how they feel or what they want, or the fans.

No chance they continue as RUSH without Neil. If it's not the 3 of them, it's not RUSH.