Listening to the Radio

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone still do it? If so, which stations in your area do you listen to? What kind of station is it?

I still love listening to the radio when driving.

In Milwaukee:

102.9 The Hog - Like their morning show (Bob and Brian) and they play classic / new rock. Odds of hearing Rush is decent.

96.9 The Drive - Re-transmission of 97.1 The Drive out of Chicago. Great classic rock, good odds of hearing Rush.

96.5 WKLH - Classic Rock, decent morning show when 102.9 is on commercial. Rush once in a while

95.7 Big FM - 60s/70s/80s, 3 outta 5 songs will be 80s tunes, never heard Rush on the station.

Everything else is pretty much country, pop or R&B - all of which I won't listen to.

if I forget the aux cord I just keep it on NPR. political discussions make me feel cultured and superior, there's good jazz at night, and every once in a while some hipster DJ will play some out of the ordinary stuff - I heard the minutemen on there last week

when NPR is playing local coffeeshop acts that sound terrible or discussing some art gallery in chattanooga, I put it on KZ 106 for the usual classic rock staples we've all heard. late at night you might hear roundabout or overture/temples, a lesser-known cut from physical graffiti, maybe even a sabbath tune that's not iron man, paranoid, or war pigs.

• Like 1

if I forget the aux cord I just keep it on NPR. political discussions make me feel cultured and superior, there's good jazz at night, and every once in a while some hipster DJ will play some out of the ordinary stuff - I heard the minutemen on there last week

when NPR is playing local coffeeshop acts that sound terrible or discussing some art gallery in chattanooga, I put it on KZ 106 for the usual classic rock staples we've all heard. late at night you might hear roundabout or overture/temples, a lesser-known cut from physical graffiti, maybe even a sabbath tune that's not iron man, paranoid, or war pigs.

Cultured and superior!

:laughing guy:

• Like 3

I live in Iowa. If it's not country music or top 40 there isn't much.

Otherwise Des Moines 103.3 LAZR. Filled with lots of 2000's whiny post-grunge but they throw some good stuff in there every once in a while. The DJ must be a Rush nut cause for at least 2 years after Clockwork Angels came out, Headlong Flight was in heavy rotation.

WSOU FM- A Heavy Metal college radio station here in NJ. - Not too often but I do listen a few times per month. It keeps me young. :codger:

Q104.3 FM - NYC Classic Rock station. Typical commercial rock tunes. Blah

1010WINS - AM News Radio station in NYC ( give us 22 minutes and we'll give you the world )

Out of Reno...

105.7 - Reno's Classic Rock

103.7 - The Eagle (classic rock)

1001. (The X...indie, Johnny Cash, James Brown...hipster stuff)

Plus 88.7 NPR (Classical, Jazz & Opera), 94.3 ESPN radio, and 99.1 Conservative Talk radio

Yay Area. Get hypha wit it...

The Bone 107.7. Only station around that plays Rush on the regular.

I don't always get KFOX from San Jo but they may play tre occasional Rush. None of the other stations even sniff Prog. Unless you call Muse Prog that is then KFOG will play Prog.

i mostly listen to the Classic Rock, or oldies stations.

We gota great one down here in VA that broadcasts out of Lexington. They play oldies/bluegrass most the time, but some nights they play the deep cuts. One night they played La Villa Strangiato. My head just about exploded.

The classic rock station out of Lynchburg played Thick as Brick in its entirity. Also they've played every song from Moving Pictures (except for Camera Eye) during normal radio hours.

For a place that has a saturation of Christian and Country Music, central VA's got some high quality classic rock radio stations. I love it!

I will say this, I've yet to have heard Peter Gabrial Genesis on the radio. If your radio station ever played PG era Genesis, you will have a fan for life.

i mostly listen to the Classic Rock, or oldies stations.

We gota great one down here in VA that broadcasts out of Lexington. They play oldies/bluegrass most the time, but some nights they play the deep cuts. One night they played La Villa Strangiato. My head just about exploded.

The classic rock station out of Lynchburg played Thick as Brick in its entirity. Also they've played every song from Moving Pictures (except for Camera Eye) during normal radio hours.

For a place that has a saturation of Christian and Country Music, central VA's got some high quality classic rock radio stations. I love it!

I will say this, I've yet to have heard Peter Gabrial Genesis on the radio. If your radio station ever played PG era Genesis, you will have a fan for life.

105.7 KOZZ in Reno plays "Lamb..." or "Carpetcrawlers" occasionally.